Fiverr Community Forum

Is scammers common on Fiverr?

So I have come across this person’s account, (scammer) And it is clear as day all she or could be he is doing is stealing people’s work, placing a quick image or overlay music on other’s work and pass it as their own. You don’t need the light dancer’s to even read scum.

I find it difficult to stay with the site while there are hundreds of people who are taking advantage of people for a quick buck. It reads scum, and really drops the repuation of fiverr by a whole lot.

Yes, I love fiverr. It provides me with a sense of accomplishment when I finish an order, or it helps grow my skills in video editing and production. It is a nice little source of revenue.

But, this is outragous.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

You are exposing someone and also sharing link of his/her profile and it’s against rules of our community.

Please don’t break rules.

4 Likes

Getting on a high horse does not mean you are not breaking the rules.

Please remove the identifying information to the seller’s account.

4 Likes

@storkclips Check your attitude, please.

Source: Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's

2 Likes

fiverr is very popular so that’s why we will definitely see scammers here but fiverr is doing best to take care of these scammers and when i say take care i mean take care :man_judge:
PS: remove the link.

1 Like

@storkclips

Remove the link.

2 Likes

If this seller is stealing other peoples work and putting a quick overlay on, she isn’t exactly stealing the best quality work out there. Worse, she even as the audacity to star in some of her own videos!

How dare she.

Because of the very home made feel of much of this sellers content, I find it odd how you have singled them out and not any one of the 1,000’s of sellers on Fiverr who are selling obviously copyright infringed media. What is more, this is why it is not permissable to ever call out other sellers or forum users. - Pretty much because if someone ever gets a bit jealous that another seller is doing better than them or has a better product, they would have free license to defame their competition.

I would strongly suggest that you drop this and remove this sellers name. I do not see any reason why you would suspect that they are not creating their own work, or are not sourcing stock footage online legitimately. Also, if you do have legitimate concerns, why not take these to the seller in person?

1 Like

I’m sorry but your argument simply does not stand. Scammers usually steal high-quality work and pass this off as their own. All the videos you are citing look home made from every level. What is more, using freemake to edit or convert a video, would support this argument.

You have a video gig which features a person who is not you and a pop up animated character. How can that work possibly be yours? It looks like you have gone to Youtube, stolen someones work and inserted a stock vector of an illustrated character and made the mouth move.

See how easy it is to groundlessly attack someone?

You know nothing about how this seller creates the work they do. My personal impression is that with regard to light dancers, this is footage of a single amateur dancer (likely the seller) edited together using a low budget or free video editing program like freemake. - Hence the watermark.

People like yourself are very dangerous. Like I have said. If you have a problem with this seller, either contact them directly or at least present some evidence of your claims. As it is, it seems like you know nothing about video work yourself, but how to attack your competition.

Find the original footage of the light dancers or rappers online. See if this footage is available for sale, as freestock footage, what any license terms might be, then provide evidence that these terms are being broken. If you can do that, you can argue a case for a seller being a scammer. If you can’t, you are just being unnecessarily antagonistic and defamatory.

2 Likes

Why are you arguing on forum when you can simply contact CS with proof of “scammer” and that is it?

3 Likes

Who on Earth are you to keep on attacking like this? You are not providing any evidence. As such, I feel like I should warn this seller that you seem to have a grudge so that she can take this directly to Fiverr.

Also, if you are using Jacksepticeye footage in your gigs, this is copyright infringement! Are you insane? Do you have the express permission from either of these Youtubers to monetize theit content on Fiverr?

Do you realize that Jacksepticeye is a long term collaborator with top Youtube creator Pewdiepie, who has something of a testy relationship with Fiverr? - Do you have any idea what a field day Pewdiepie and Jackseptic eye would have ripping Fiverr to shreds if they found out you were using Jacks footage on Fiverr for your own purposes?

I am just beyond words…

3 Likes