Is scammers common on Fiverr?

storkclips

So I have come across this person’s account, (scammer) And it is clear as day all she or could be he is doing is stealing people’s work, placing a quick image or overlay music on other’s work and pass it as their own. You don’t need the light dancer’s to even read scum.

I find it difficult to stay with the site while there are hundreds of people who are taking advantage of people for a quick buck. It reads scum, and really drops the repuation of fiverr by a whole lot.

Yes, I love fiverr. It provides me with a sense of accomplishment when I finish an order, or it helps grow my skills in video editing and production. It is a nice little source of revenue.

But, this is outragous.

It is common grounds for copyright if Fiverr continues to allow this kinda of stuff. I don’t want to see Fiverr get sued for people like this.

You are exposing someone and also sharing link of his/her profile and it’s against rules of our community.

Please don’t break rules.

So I have come across this person’s account, (scammer) And it is clear as day all she or could be he is doing is stealing people’s work, placing a quick image or overlay music on other’s work and pass it as their own. You don’t need the light dancer’s to even read scum.

I find it difficult to stay with the site while there are hundreds of people who are taking advantage of people for a quick buck. It reads scum, and really drops the repuation of fiverr by a whole lot.

Yes, I love fiverr. It provides me with a sense of accomplishment when I finish an order, or it helps grow my skills in video editing and production. It is a nice little source of revenue.

But, this is outragous.

And it is clear as day all she or could be he is doing is stealing people’s work, placing a quick image or overlay music on other’s work and pass it as their own.

If this seller is stealing other peoples work and putting a quick overlay on, she isn’t exactly stealing the best quality work out there. Worse, she even as the audacity to star in some of her own videos!

How dare she.

Because of the very home made feel of much of this sellers content, I find it odd how you have singled them out and not any one of the 1,000’s of sellers on Fiverr who are selling obviously copyright infringed media. What is more, this is why it is not permissable to ever call out other sellers or forum users. - Pretty much because if someone ever gets a bit jealous that another seller is doing better than them or has a better product, they would have free license to defame their competition.

I would strongly suggest that you drop this and remove this sellers name. I do not see any reason why you would suspect that they are not creating their own work, or are not sourcing stock footage online legitimately. Also, if you do have legitimate concerns, why not take these to the seller in person?

To point out, if you can see a water mark of a “made by freemake(dot)com” you can tell that the person in charge of the account stole a video from the internet from someone’s work and are passing it as theirs.

To point out, if you can see a water mark of a “made by ********” you can tell that the person in charge of the account stole a video from the internet from someone’s work and are passing it as theirs.

I’m sorry but your argument simply does not stand. Scammers usually steal high-quality work and pass this off as their own. All the videos you are citing look home made from every level. What is more, using freemake to edit or convert a video, would support this argument.

You have a video gig which features a person who is not you and a pop up animated character. How can that work possibly be yours? It looks like you have gone to Youtube, stolen someones work and inserted a stock vector of an illustrated character and made the mouth move.

See how easy it is to groundlessly attack someone?

You know nothing about how this seller creates the work they do. My personal impression is that with regard to light dancers, this is footage of a single amateur dancer (likely the seller) edited together using a low budget or free video editing program like freemake. - Hence the watermark.

People like yourself are very dangerous. Like I have said. If you have a problem with this seller, either contact them directly or at least present some evidence of your claims. As it is, it seems like you know nothing about video work yourself, but how to attack your competition.

Find the original footage of the light dancers or rappers online. See if this footage is available for sale, as freestock footage, what any license terms might be, then provide evidence that these terms are being broken. If you can do that, you can argue a case for a seller being a scammer. If you can’t, you are just being unnecessarily antagonistic and defamatory.

Do the research, go to my channel. You’ll see that video posted to my channel and you will be linked to who that voice is. (p.s that’s a youtube creator name CallMeKevin, and jacksepticeye). People are having trouble with this seller, yet all I see of them are them trying to point the blame. Also, add the reviews negative and positive. There are a clear red flag with what this seller is doing.

(posting it here because of the new user block…)

Proves to your knowledge, what grudge are you speaking of? How well do you even know of these creators? PMA, or what they do? And I implemented this to show “I Will Make Any Type Of Video You Want.” This shows that you do not know who they are, and are willing to say anything so you’ll not lose. P.S Pewdiepie is irreverent here.

Now, before you start spewing random junk. Think before you say. If you’ll know who the creators are, you might as well know. Jack, yes he is a big time creator and friends with Felix, and no they do not hold a grudge against this platform. Since when do they have a testy relationship? What you are saying is complete bull. Words flying from your mind to the keyboard to not lose.

And are you any better? You have no idea what copyright infringement contains. If apparently what I am doing is damaging, then why does it make the Fiverr (“seller”) I am mentioning any different? Explain that? Now that you are a master of copyright infringement.

Any ways, I am tired. I don’t want to stay up any more. My point still stands.

People are having trouble with this seller, yet all I see of them are them trying to point the blame. Also, add the reviews negative and positive. There are a clear red flag with what this seller is doing.

Who on Earth are you to keep on attacking like this? You are not providing any evidence. As such, I feel like I should warn this seller that you seem to have a grudge so that she can take this directly to Fiverr.

Also, if you are using Jacksepticeye footage in your gigs, this is copyright infringement! Are you insane? Do you have the express permission from either of these Youtubers to monetize theit content on Fiverr?

Do you realize that Jacksepticeye is a long term collaborator with top Youtube creator Pewdiepie, who has something of a testy relationship with Fiverr? - Do you have any idea what a field day Pewdiepie and Jackseptic eye would have ripping Fiverr to shreds if they found out you were using Jacks footage on Fiverr for your own purposes?

I am just beyond words…

Do the research, go to my channel. You’ll see that video posted to my channel and you will be linked to who that voice is. (p.s that’s a youtube creator name CallMeKevin, and jacksepticeye). People are having trouble with this seller, yet all I see of them are them trying to point the blame. Also, add the reviews negative and positive. There are a clear red flag with what this seller is doing.

(posting it here because of the new user block…)

Proves to your knowledge, what grudge are you speaking of? How well do you even know of these creators? PMA, or what they do? And I implemented this to show “I Will Make Any Type Of Video You Want.” This shows that you do not know who they are, and are willing to say anything so you’ll not lose. P.S Pewdiepie is irreverent here.

Now, before you start spewing random junk. Think before you say. If you’ll know who the creators are, you might as well know. Jack, yes he is a big time creator and friends with Felix, and no they do not hold a grudge against this platform. Since when do they have a testy relationship? What you are saying is complete bull. Words flying from your mind to the keyboard to not lose.

And are you any better? You have no idea what copyright infringement contains. If apparently what I am doing is damaging, then why does it make the Fiverr (“seller”) I am mentioning any different? Explain that? Now that you are a master of copyright infringement.

Any ways, I am tired. I don’t want to stay up any more. My point still stands.

It does not matter if you just use a top youtubers work without their permission to ‘demonstrate what you can do.’ This is copyright infringement. Worse, this is copyright infringement which is potentially damaging to Fiverr as a brand and the entire Fiverr community.

You clearly have absolutely no idea what constitutes copyright infringement or what your obligations are as a media creator.

• The footage you are using has been created by a top Youtuber for their own montezation purposes
  • For you to use this commercially (like you are) you would need their express written permission
  • You and Fiverr can be held liable for using this footage and misrepresentation of the creators in question

Your entire logic here has more holes in than swiss cheese being used for target practice.

It’s 10am on a Saturday morning guys, does nobody have lie-ins any more???
Anyway, if anyone thinks they have found someone doing something wrong, report it to CS using the little flag button on the gig in question. Posting it here does literally nothing in terms of stopping it and IS against Forum rules, regardless of whether you believe it is true or not.
Mods do not have the time, ability or inclination to check claims about other people’s gigs whereas CS are PAID to do that - so go for it. Do remember that it is likely that CS check the profile of the person reporting to ensure it is a “fair flag” so make sure your knickers are clean.

I think Fiverrr actually does a great job keeping away scammers. Yes, they always turn up, but their accounts are quickly suspended. I get 1-2 requests a month which are clearly fishing for something, outside contact, etc. Just turn them down, ignore and block. Fiverr safety team does the rest.

It’s 10am on a Saturday morning guys, does nobody have lie-ins any more???

Anyway, if anyone thinks they have found someone doing something wrong, report it to CS using the little flag button on the gig in question. Posting it here does literally nothing in terms of stopping it and IS against Forum rules, regardless of whether you believe it is true or not.

Mods do not have the time, ability or inclination to check claims about other people’s gigs whereas CS are PAID to do that - so go for it. Do remember that it is likely that CS check the profile of the person reporting to ensure it is a “fair flag” so make sure your knickers are clean.

Do remember that it is likely that CS check the profile of the person reporting to ensure it is a “fair flag” so make sure your knickers are clean.

You shouldn’t have said anything. The seller has now removed all the footage in question and his chosen victim has had no such fair warning (despite my belief that she is doing nothing wrong anyway).

I will be watching these two profiles with some interest now…

This willy nilly reporting of gigs because somebody ‘thinks’ they may be breaking copyright, even if they’re not, has gone way too far.

It smacks of jealousy and malicious intent from people with too much time on their hands, and with nothing better to do than cause mischief and trouble for other users.

I hope Fiverr knocks this on the head quickly, otherwise we’re all at the mercy of one another, which isn’t good.

If you’ve got 100% concrete proof, fair enough. If you haven’t then mind your own business. (not aimed at you BTW @cyaxrex! 😉)

This willy nilly reporting of gigs because somebody ‘thinks’ they may be breaking copyright, even if they’re not, has gone way too far.

It smacks of jealousy and malicious intent from people with too much time on their hands, and with nothing better to do than cause mischief and trouble for other users.

I hope Fiverr knocks this on the head quickly, otherwise we’re all at the mercy of one another, which isn’t good.

If you’ve got 100% concrete proof, fair enough. If you haven’t then mind your own business. (not aimed at you BTW @cyaxrex! 😉)

I hope Fiverr knocks this on the head quickly, otherwise we’re all at the mercy of one another,

Sadly, with new copyright rules, this kind of activity will likely become more prevalent in future. What is needed is a proof based reporting system with proper safeguards. Not an Eastenders hand bag fight flagging system.

Do remember that it is likely that CS check the profile of the person reporting to ensure it is a “fair flag” so make sure your knickers are clean.

You shouldn’t have said anything. The seller has now removed all the footage in question and his chosen victim has had no such fair warning (despite my belief that she is doing nothing wrong anyway).

The seller has now removed all the footage in question

That’s interesting.

When I checked earlier, I didn’t see anything that looked off so I was wondering what you were talking about. I think they removed it when you mentioned it.

The seller has now removed all the footage in question

That’s interesting.

When I checked earlier, I didn’t see anything that looked off so I was wondering what you were talking about. I think they removed it when you mentioned it.

I don’t know when they removed it but that would make sense. In this case, I shouldn’t have said anything.

Indeed! 😉

I’ve been selling stuff on an online auction site for more years than I care to remember. At the bottom of each listing I have the following:

Notice to staff:

As with all my items, I have purchased full legal rights to resell this item, I have created this item myself, or the item is available in the Public Domain.

I’m seriously wondering if adding a similar sort of declaration/disclaimer to my gigs here would be a good idea or not?

As if the 4.3/4.7 bug and the unfair cancellations weren’t enough, we’ve now got users who think reporting one another, for little reason, is some sort of game. 🙁

Indeed! 😉

I’ve been selling stuff on an online auction site for more years than I care to remember. At the bottom of each listing I have the following:

Notice to staff:

As with all my items, I have purchased full legal rights to resell this item, I have created this item myself, or the item is available in the Public Domain.

I’m seriously wondering if adding a similar sort of declaration/disclaimer to my gigs here would be a good idea or not?

As if the 4.3/4.7 bug and the unfair cancellations weren’t enough, we’ve now got users who think reporting one another, for little reason, is some sort of game. 🙁

I would like to add my own disclaimer to gigs. However, most people don’t read gig descriptions anyway and people running around reporting gigs seem to have a strict mental rule against evidencing claims anyway. 😦

Archived