Fiverr Community Forum

Is seller wasting my time?

So I am a first time buyer and placed and order on a gig. The seller has low communication with me and the gig ran late. When contacted seller said it would be finished and uploaded that day. I waited 2 more days and received nothing. Not even status on the order. So I cancelled my order. Within seconds of the cancellation I was contacted that he was uploading the files when I canceled and to reinstate my order. When asked if I could get a screen shot of some of the finished product he said I could see it in the upload because i have unlimited revisions. I being a person of good faith believed him and would not want his time to go wasted. So I reluctantly replaced my oreder.

It has been 12 hours since he told me the files were uploaded. I feel like he is now trying to finish the gig and get it uploaded before I cancel again. How much time should I wait? Upload times? I feel like I’m being lied to and bamboozled. Is this a waste of my time? Is this a normal practice?

Thanks for any help with my concerns.

3 Likes

Try to communicate with the seller again, wait at least 24 hours, if you do not have any respond.
Then take necessary steps.

Are you using the mobile app or the full website?

I’ve had clients mistake the messages section and the order thread in the past. If all the information was kept within the order page and he is not being honest just use the resolution center to cancel the order.

I would cancel this and report it to customer support.
That kind of stuff has no place here.

6 Likes

Every order have a delivery time. If you place the order and give all information then you should to wait until the work delivery time finished. If the seller can not do his job before finished the delivery time then cancel the order. I’d suggest you to go cancel the order.

Definitely not a normal practice. Most sellers never miss the deadline.

What can you do now?

1. The same thing you did the first time. Wait for your order. It seller fails to deliver again, you can cancel the order. If seller delivers the order, you can leave a review reflecting your experience.
  2. Get in touch with fiverr CS, explain your situation and request them to cancel the order.

I’d suggest you to go with option 2 and cancel the order.

Since you are obviously dealing with someone unprofessional in their behavior as well as less than honest decide to cancel it and be very firm about it. I wouldn’t want to spend another minute trying to deal with this person.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your answers. I had an uneasy feeling resubmitting the order. Even now the response is I’m uploading it. I would have been more willing to wait longer had seller been honest about delay time. I will be contacting CS.

1 Like