Fiverr Community Forum

Is Selling Twitter Followers against Fiverrs TOS?

Hello everyone, so I’m really enjoying Fiverr at the moment. I’m thinking of new Gig ideas. I may start a service that sells real genuine twitter followers. I haven’t seen many of these on Fiverr, so my question is… Is this against Fiverrs TOS? The followers are real and are not bots and break none of Twitters TOS so it makes me wonder.

Thank you!

Twitter (and other social media) gigs have traditionally been hot sellers here, but the reason you’re not seeing many of them right now is because Fiverr is cracking down on those types of gigs. Let me be clear that even legitimate promotion gigs can get suspended etc… Many things on Fiverr are automated and they also tend to not be particular about suspending gigs when they’ve had a complaint. Anything with a third party name in the title or description is a risky effort.

You may want to put some more thought into your new gig ideas. :slight_smile:

Reply to @itsyourthing: Brilliant thanks for letting me know. I wanted to be sure before posting :smiley:

Reply to @stewartps: You’re very welcome. :smiley:

I have a serious question for you. I am always curious about this. When people say they are going to offer real followers, I assume they mean the followers will be actual people who have active Twitter accounts and who choose to follow and comment on Twitter. How do you get them to follow someone?

I could probably get 10 friends/family to follow someone on Twitter and those would be real but I don’t think anyone on Fiverr would pay for 10 followers. I’m sincerely interested in how you can get a large enough number of real people to follow someone.

Reply to @fonthaunt: I’m not saying this is how it’s always done, but there are places where a person can register and sell their own like or follow. I’m gonna do an example because my language skills are crap today… you could sign up at site x and agree to like or follow a page for a fee. Usually the likers/fans are packaged so a buyer would purchase 200 likes for some insanely cheap price like $0.10. The likers make fractions of a cent, so they like all sorts of things to make it even worth while to sign up.

It’s just outsourcing.

According to twitter terms selling or purchasing account interactions is a violation of the terms. Fiverr terms state that “Gigs misleading to buyers, including violations of third party terms of service” is not allowed, thus selling twitter followers or interactions is against fiverrs terms.

Reply to @itsyourthing: Hmm, I had no idea and I thought I had most of the tips n tricks down pat! Thanks!!!

@fonthaunt,

Check out http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/59198/never-buy-website-traffic-gigs-sellers039-dirty-tricks-revealed if you’re wondering where all those sellers get “REAL” followers. It’s simple, and even you can start selling followers right away.

The third point I mention (i.e. Social exchange network, probably what @itsyourthing meant) can also be applied to any social network (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Instagram…) besides getting website traffic.

Dirty tricks revealed!

There are a few people who do provide real traffic. The legit way would be to promote a link that has a tracking code and the clicker is just a regular user who clicks the link out of their own free will without being told or paid to do so.

The issue is to guarantee lets say 1000 real unmanipulated visitors in a day you need a large network with millions of monthly visits. But when you own a few sites with the needed popularity you can for example just sell banner ads and make 20k per month. Naturally most will choose the easier option as selling traffic requires more work for less profit.

Reply to @mgjohn78: I don’t quite understand what you meant. “The legit way would be to promote a link that has a tracking code and the clicker is just a regular user who clicks the link out of their own free will without being told or paid to do so” - Just like affiliate marketing, sponsored post, or banner ads? Then, these are much more indirect ways of driving traffic. I’ll categorize them into advertising or marketing instead of “getting traffic”.

And for “There are a few people who do provide real traffic.” I can’t see there are really legit sellers in the “getting traffic” category here on Fiverr.

Reply to @willpower_hk:

Well the code tracks clicks and the link is removed once traffic goal is reached. So in essence the person paying for the link is paying for a certain amount of traffic.

No idea if there are any legit traffic sellers on fiverr. Just know a few people who started out selling traffic until they realised the true value of their network size and popularity.

Reply to @fonthaunt: There’s always another ‘trick’ when money’s involved. & you’re welcome.