Is there a discrepancy between the gig edit page and the TOS?

uk1000

In the current Fiverr TOS, which was last updated in November, it says:

Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service…

…Services that extend beyond 30 days of service duration"

But in the gig edit page it now says:

You can now offer buyers delivery options for up to 90 days. Go ahead and update your Gig!

and it now allows me to select a 90 day delivery (or 75 day delivery etc.). I don’t know if that’s anything to do with the subscription change but it’s not set as a subscription gig.

But if someone set a gig for a 90 day delivery wouldn’t that be breaking the 30 days of service part of the TOS (eg. if the seller was working on the order for nearly 90 days)?

edit: I just reloaded the TOS page and it now says updated Feb 2021 but that 30 days of service line is still there.

This is what CS said:

…I’ll be happy to provide some insight into this for you. The 90-day delivery right now is only for select services and is in Beta testing right now, which is why our Terms of Service have yet to be updated. If it does become something permanent that we are able to offer on the Fiverr platform, then you will also see the update on the Terms of Service.

I’m sure they won’t give a warning to anyone using that delivery time while it’s still in beta and before the TOS is updated. Though doing a gig for something like 90 days is probably risky since that could be a lot of work to lose (if around that amount of days was spent on it) if the order got cancelled.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m trying to set up my gig and it says You can now offer buyers delivery options for up to 90 days. Go ahead and update your Gig! Whenever I set my delivery to 90 days and go through the gig to publish it, it doesnt let me and goes back to the first page, what do I do?

I’m trying to set up my gig and it says You can now offer buyers delivery options for up to 90 days. Go ahead and update your Gig! Whenever I set my delivery to 90 days and go through the gig to publish it, it doesnt let me and goes back to the first page, what do I do?

If might not be anything to do with the 90 day thing. Try setting it to <=30 days and see if that makes a difference. If not, it’s probably something else.

Check for any other messages it gives you. Check that you’re entering/selecting valid things for all the fields. Don’t paste text into any fields that may contain characters not handled by the system. You could create a thread that’s more about the problem you’re having if necessary (as this is more about the feature itself and the TOS as it was at the time, which which has now changed).

Like I said to the above poster you could contact CS if it still isn’t letting you publish the gig, maybe attaching any necessary screenshots.

• 5 months later...

If might not be anything to do with the 90 day thing. Try setting it to <=30 days and see if that makes a difference. If not, it’s probably something else.

Check for any other messages it gives you. Check that you’re entering/selecting valid things for all the fields. Don’t paste text into any fields that may contain characters not handled by the system. You could create a thread that’s more about the problem you’re having if necessary (as this is more about the feature itself and the TOS as it was at the time, which which has now changed).

Like I said to the above poster you could contact CS if it still isn’t letting you publish the gig, maybe attaching any necessary screenshots.

I have the same problem here are my screenshots819158598_Screenshot(16).thumb.png.c295b831ed971eb9282e0ec3e6e66289.png

Screenshot (17).png

2 hours ago, benkinigadner said:

I have the same problem here are my screenshots

I don't see where the problem is in your screenshots. It's giving the message about the fact that you can now offer up to 90 days delivery (and the TOS has been changed to remove the 30 days limit now) - but though it says "go ahead and update your gig" you don't have to update it (you don't have to set it a high number of delivery days if you don't want to), and in your basic package (the only 1) the delivery days is set to a 2 day delivery. Are you trying to enter a high number of delivery days there and is it stopping you doing that and saving it?

Archived