Is there a reason for these pictures?

pastordre

Hello Fiverr Family,

I came across this page when I searched for Voice Overs on Fiverr and I was wondering if there is a reason that almost all the gig pics are head shots?

fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png.6043acf2533525c2193629dc2db893d4.png

If there is a reason, I was wondering if I should change my voice over gig pic to a head shot.

Thank you in advance.

Pastor Dre

Guest offlinehelpers

The gig sellers have obviously decided that head shot videos are the way to go!

There seem to be two schools of thought - show your face so people get a better idea of putting your voice with your face, or leaving your face off to create an air of mystery!

The gig sellers have obviously decided that head shot videos are the way to go!

There seem to be two schools of thought - show your face so people get a better idea of putting your voice with your face, or leaving your face off to create an air of mystery!

leaving your face off to create an air of mystery

That’s meh…👽

I agree with @leahemme. I wouldn’t worry about it but you can always test the theory to see if you get more sales ;). I personally don’t have a headshot ( German voice over category) and I never had one and I seem to be one of the top sellers in that category.

I know the English voice over category has quite the competition, test it and maybe let us know down the road if it made a difference :).
Good luck!

In my opinion showing yourself on your profile and gigs shows that you are serious and are professional.

If I go to a profile and their pictures is say a football for example. I wouldn’t take them as serious as someone with a genuine picture of themselves.

That’s generally speaking, Not ALWAYS the case though.

Matteo 🙂

Archived