Is there any option to stop auto start order?

sarmadrizvi24

Hello Everyone,

Hope your all are doing good.

Actually, I am in need to know is there any option to stop auto order start process?

Let me share or clear what actually I want to know,

Many times it happens, buyer place the order from our gig and we received a notification abc just place an order, click here to view etc etc, and it automatically get started. I think there should be an option to confirm from the both sides at that time, because in some gigs we mention the delivery time as 1 day, and we unexpectedly receive the order at any time and incase of busy at that moment we will go in tens somehow.

Also, many times buyers place the order with a huge needs, that we have not mentioned in our gigs or we are not able to deliver that as buyer did not discuss that earlier, just placed the order and after placing start the discussion and we come to know we are not able to do that. In that case only option left is to cancel the order and it will give a negative impact on Seller’s profile.

So, as per my thinking there should be an option or may be I wasn’t aware with that. I searched that on forum as well but I haven’t found any suitable answer. So, I think this is the best platform from where you all guys and gurls can share if there is any thing like that available, on that we have control too. Or also, you can share your experiences if you faced same thing before.

Best regards,

I’m so much with you here, I’ve been thinking the same thing.

What if it’s 3am in your country when someone places an order? you also get a bad average response time of 4h just because you get some sleep?

this factor should take into account where you live! and the customer should be told “do not disturb” until Xam. When the countdown should actually start.

I’m so much with you here, I’ve been thinking the same thing.

What if it’s 3am in your country when someone places an order? you also get a bad average response time of 4h just because you get some sleep?

this factor should take into account where you live! and the customer should be told “do not disturb” until Xam. When the countdown should actually start.

Yes exactly. The reason could be anything!

Many times it happens with me too, in my country its 1 or 2 am and I was on my bed and received the order and its start automatically, in morning I saw that and some hours left to deliver as I mentioned 1 day delivery.

I know, I can do that task in 1 day that’s why I mention 1 day as delivery time, but it doesn’t mean every time I am free and available.

Also, many time we receive the order for the service we are not able to provide as the buyer haven’t did any discussion before placing the order.

Please Help! Shall be very very thankful.

Hello Everyone,

Hope your all are doing good.

Actually, I am in need to know is there any option to stop auto order start process?

Let me share or clear what actually I want to know,

Many times it happens, buyer place the order from our gig and we received a notification abc just place an order, click here to view etc etc, and it automatically get started. I think there should be an option to confirm from the both sides at that time, because in some gigs we mention the delivery time as 1 day, and we unexpectedly receive the order at any time and incase of busy at that moment we will go in tens somehow.

Also, many times buyers place the order with a huge needs, that we have not mentioned in our gigs or we are not able to deliver that as buyer did not discuss that earlier, just placed the order and after placing start the discussion and we come to know we are not able to do that. In that case only option left is to cancel the order and it will give a negative impact on Seller’s profile.

So, as per my thinking there should be an option or may be I wasn’t aware with that. I searched that on forum as well but I haven’t found any suitable answer. So, I think this is the best platform from where you all guys and gurls can share if there is any thing like that available, on that we have control too. Or also, you can share your experiences if you faced same thing before.

Best regards,

I searched that on forum as well but I haven’t found any suitable answer .

If you type “can you prevent an order” in the search bar above there are several posts on the subject which you may find interesting.

Yes exactly. The reason could be anything!

Many times it happens with me too, in my country its 1 or 2 am and I was on my bed and received the order and its start automatically, in morning I saw that and some hours left to deliver as I mentioned 1 day delivery.

I know, I can do that task in 1 day that’s why I mention 1 day as delivery time, but it doesn’t mean every time I am free and available.

Also, many time we receive the order for the service we are not able to provide as the buyer haven’t did any discussion before placing the order.

Please Help! Shall be very very thankful.

its start automatically, in morning I saw that and some hours left to deliver as I mentioned 1 day delivery.

You could put the delivery time to two days. Why offer something you may not be able to do?

Do you expect to offer 24 hour delivery but make them wait two days for the 24 hours to start? 😺

its start automatically, in morning I saw that and some hours left to deliver as I mentioned 1 day delivery.

You could put the delivery time to two days. Why offer something you may not be able to do?

Do you expect to offer 24 hour delivery but make them wait two days for the 24 hours to start? 😺

I mentioned that in my topic, I know I am able to do that in 1 day but it doesn’t means I am always available and free to receive the order. It doesn’t means that I never sleep.

Also, mentioned in my post, its not about 1 day issue, its also about many time buyer place the order without discussing anything, and after sometime start the discussion and their need are different which we are not able to provide, in that case only option left is to cancel the order.

Also, it happens many times, for example: buyer place the order to design a logo on standard package and after placing and discussion the demands are too much high (like, I need this logo to be like this, in 3d or blah blah blah) if we say we are not able to do that or the service you are asking for is available in premium package instead of standard. The only option left is to cancel the order or ready for the negative feedback.

now in this case, what we do? changing delivery time to 2 days?

I searched that on forum as well but I haven’t found any suitable answer .

If you type “can you prevent an order” in the search bar above there are several posts on the subject which you may find interesting.

thanks for your kind reply, I will definitely search this and will try to find the solution. Thanks alot, much appreciated!

fyi, I just wrote a post, asking why a “Deliver in one hour when online” gig extra wouldn’t be possible on Fiverr. Lots of clients would enjoy it.

Few years ago I was looking for a logo, a video and some other small gigs, but delivered ASAP (I was building a website for some customer). But such services are not possible on Fiverr, even today, and I just wonder why. They would be rather easy to implement. With a filter for those online sellers who would choose to offer such a gig extra (I know I would). Any opinion why such a thing won’t work? Or if you already had such a discussion in the past? Just curious…

I mentioned that in my topic, I know I am able to do that in 1 day but it doesn’t means I am always available and free to receive the order. It doesn’t means that I never sleep.

Also, mentioned in my post, its not about 1 day issue, its also about many time buyer place the order without discussing anything, and after sometime start the discussion and their need are different which we are not able to provide, in that case only option left is to cancel the order.

Also, it happens many times, for example: buyer place the order to design a logo on standard package and after placing and discussion the demands are too much high (like, I need this logo to be like this, in 3d or blah blah blah) if we say we are not able to do that or the service you are asking for is available in premium package instead of standard. The only option left is to cancel the order or ready for the negative feedback.

now in this case, what we do? changing delivery time to 2 days?

changing delivery time to 2 days?

Yes, it would seem obvious to me that you need more time based on the things you said.

changing delivery time to 2 days?

Yes, it would seem obvious to me that you need more time based on the things you said.

No, you are taking this at wrong side.

It only means, whenever the buyer place the order, there should be a notification like that, abc just place the order, are you sure to start this…

I just asked the solution if there is please let me know, may be I wasn’t aware. If there is no any solution, obviously it is okay as we can’t do any thing.

But it doesn’t means from any side, that I want or any seller want more time. It only means to confirm from the both side at the time or order.

I received many orders, after placing the order, buyer request for the service which I have not mentioned in my gig and not able to do that. The only option left is to cancel the order with the reason mutual understandings.

No, you are taking this at wrong side.

It only means, whenever the buyer place the order, there should be a notification like that, abc just place the order, are you sure to start this…

I just asked the solution if there is please let me know, may be I wasn’t aware. If there is no any solution, obviously it is okay as we can’t do any thing.

But it doesn’t means from any side, that I want or any seller want more time. It only means to confirm from the both side at the time or order.

I received many orders, after placing the order, buyer request for the service which I have not mentioned in my gig and not able to do that. The only option left is to cancel the order with the reason mutual understandings.

Well if you have 24 hour delivery in your gig then that’s what you have to do, from the time the order is placed and if you can’t then you shouldn’t have that in the gig.

Buyers will get mad if they think the order has to wait for it to start.

Well if you have 24 hour delivery in your gig then that’s what you have to do, from the time the order is placed and if you can’t then you shouldn’t have that in the gig.

and what about if the buyer place the order and later they ask for the service which haven’t mentioned in our gig or we provide that service in a high package (premium package) then any option?

and what about if the buyer place the order and later they ask for the service which haven’t mentioned in our gig or we provide that service in a high package (premium package) then any option?

You do what your gig offered and what they paid for and if they are asking for something different from what your gig offers you would need to cancel.

Or you can send an offer for extras so they pay more.

This is not supposed to be for your own convenience when you get around to it. It’s freelancing on the internet and your time is not your own any more. You have tight deadlines and you should be able to meet them somehow.

Its not about that, buyer will never get mad. There should policy applied on it. Seller have 30 or 15 minutes to decline the order or the order will start automatically.

Actually I am here to got some solutions not for debate Ma’am. You are too senior, I respect you. It is okay if there is no any solution to control the auto start order. It is okay!

Its not about that, buyer will never get mad. There should policy applied on it. Seller have 30 or 15 minutes to decline the order or the order will start automatically.

Actually I am here to got some solutions not for debate Ma’am. You are too senior, I respect you. It is okay if there is no any solution to control the auto start order. It is okay!

Seller have 30 or 15 minutes to decline the order or the order will start automatically.

Well they don’t so figure out how to do this the way it is.

You do what your gig offered and what they paid for and if they are asking for something different from what your gig offers you would need to cancel.

Or you can send an offer for extras so they pay more.

This is not supposed to be for your own convenience when you get around to it. It’s freelancing on the internet and your time is not your own any more. You have tight deadlines and you should be able to meet them somehow.

Alright, kind reply. Thanks alot Ma’am.

Highly appreciated for your kind suggestions.

@sarmadrizvi24 in addition to what @misscrystal said. i would like give an exact statement ( there is no solution for this). you are in global business. buyers are not suppose to wait for the “sellers mood” they are here just for the purchasing. so if you got potential and can provide “what it takes” then welcome to freelancing bro 🙂

@sarmadrizvi24 in addition to what @misscrystal said. i would like give an exact statement ( there is no solution for this). you are in global business. buyers are not suppose to wait for the “sellers mood” they are here just for the purchasing. so if you got potential and can provide “what it takes” then welcome to freelancing bro 🙂 ^^^ Well said. You either can do it or not. It’s up to you.

@sarmadrizvi24 in addition to what @misscrystal said. i would like give an exact statement ( there is no solution for this). you are in global business. buyers are not suppose to wait for the “sellers mood” they are here just for the purchasing. so if you got potential and can provide “what it takes” then welcome to freelancing bro 🙂

Thanks for your reply.

Yes from all the discussion I conclude that, there is no any option and it is okay.

I open this topic as I just want to know if there is any solution. Because I was thinking there is, and I am not aware.

Well, Thanks alot Ma’am for your kind replies and thanks alot brother for conclude everything in a single short text.

Honestly, I don’t see why 5r doesn’t have “Contact Me” as an option the seller can turn on vice “Continue ($X)”.

This way, those that want to be contacted before order will get that option. Granted, sales may go down but it should be the seller’s choice.

those that want to be contacted before order will get that option. Granted, sales may go down but it should be the seller’s choice.

That’s a great idea! And then they would also be able to only take an order once they approve of it.

those that want to be contacted before order will get that option. Granted, sales may go down but it should be the seller’s choice.

That’s a great idea! And then they would also be able to only take an order once they approve of it.

only take an order once they approve of it.

Yup. That way there would be less complaints about it on the forum. 😁

Although, one of the perks of buying on 5r is that impulse buy that I used to do, which won’t be possible. Either way, it should be the freelancer’s choice.

There should be a policy applied on it, the seller have only 10 to 15 minutes to accept or reject the order or it will start automatically 😃

Or, there should be an option, the one who switched on that option will be asked for first, or the rest will receive orders directly 😃

Many sellers like me, @gina_riley2, @cristiscutaru can switch that option on in their profile 😃 I know its an imaginations or ideas.

In short, there is no option! We have to deliver whenever buyer wants even we have already 5 orders in queue. Seller have no option to control the 6th upcoming order.

Archived