Is there anything I need to improve with my Gigs?

Guest embrooke

Guest embrooke

Hi there! I’m Brooke. I joined Fiverr last month (January 2018) and am really excited to see where this goes!

I have 5 Gigs up right now, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions/critiques/advice as to how I can change my gigs to make them better or how to adjust them to attract more clients. The focus for my services is in writing and editing, so I’d say to pay more attention to the gigs that advertise that. I have only had 2 customers so far, and both of those came from the Buyers Request page!

Anyways, if anyone is willing to look at and give feedback/advice on how it looks, or what I can do to change some things, I’d be very grateful!

It’s nice to meet you all, and have a wonderful day! 🙂

Guest embrooke

Congratulations on your first sales. You are on your way. You need to remove all references to essays as writing essays and doing homework is not allowed on Fiverr. Good luck! 🙂

Eek! Thanks for letting me know. For some reason, I hadn’t even thought about homework/essays being unallowed. Thanks for the help, I’ll be sure to remove all references to it and change the picture as well! 🙂

Guest climaxim

I’m not an expert since I got 3 orders but I checked your gigs out! in my opinion you should change your images, colors aren’t that good for example! 🙂

Guest embrooke

I’m not an expert since I got 3 orders but I checked your gigs out! in my opinion you should change your images, colors aren’t that good for example! 🙂

Okay, I’ll keep that in mind! 🙂

Hi there! I’m Brooke. I joined Fiverr last month (January 2018) and am really excited to see where this goes!

I have 5 Gigs up right now, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions/critiques/advice as to how I can change my gigs to make them better or how to adjust them to attract more clients. The focus for my services is in writing and editing, so I’d say to pay more attention to the gigs that advertise that. I have only had 2 customers so far, and both of those came from the Buyers Request page!

Anyways, if anyone is willing to look at my page and give feedback/advice on how it looks, or what I can do to change some things, I’d be very grateful!

It’s nice to meet you all, and have a wonderful day! 🙂

Anyways, if anyone is willing to look at my page and give feedback/advice on how it looks, or what I can do to change some things, I’d be very grateful!

I agree with @climaxim, start with the gig images.

• Don’t use a stock photo. If you’re not camera shy then use your own photo and if you’re really brave then make a video.
  • Keep your gig description professional. No caps, no yellow markers. (Bold and italic are fine)
  • Focus on a specific niche. Offer writing service on topics you actually know and care about. Saying “I will write on any topic” especially at those prices might come off as desperate. What if someone orders your gig and asks you to write 1000 words on hydroponics or something you’re not familiar with. After 2-3 hours you realize that $10 is not enough to cover the research and you’ll have to either cancel or sacrifice quality.
  • Don’t offer unlimited revisions even with your premium package. Sooner or later someone will take advantage of it. A good writer doesn’t need more than 2-3 revisions.

Start with these and then move on to marketing tips 😉

Marketing Yourself - Just Do It - Here's How - UPYOUR

Guest embrooke

I agree with @climaxim, start with the gig images.

• Don’t use a stock photo. If you’re not camera shy then use your own and if you’re really brave then .
  • Keep your gig description professional. No caps, no yellow markers. (Bold and italic are fine)
  • Focus on a specific niche. Offer writing service on topics you actually know and care about. Saying “I will write on any topic” especially at those prices might come off as desperate. What if someone orders your gig and asks you to write 1000 words on hydroponics or something you’re not familiar with. After 2-3 hours you realize that $10 is not enough to cover the research and you’ll have to either cancel or sacrifice quality.
  • Don’t offer unlimited revisions even with your premium package. Sooner or later someone will take advantage of it. A good writer doesn’t need more than 2-3 revisions.

Start with these and then move on to marketing tips 😉

Thank you so much for your advice! I’m going to work on changing my Gig images now, and making my descriptions sound/look more professional. Thanks, again! 🙂

Archived