Fiverr Community Forum

Is there anyway to not make the buyer buy my gig?

The buyer sends me a custom order, I say sorry it doesn’t work for me (I was busy). Then he went on to order anyway. This annoyed the hell out of me. I do my gigs as a form of giving back to the community, not to earn money. Is there any way to not get these guys to buy my service? I referred him to my competitor, he still chose mine because he said he loved the reviews. I might be sounding like a B here, but I don’t want to get penalized (review-wise) or get extra work upon the work I have in my real time job… Can fiverr work on a feature like that to help sellers??

1 Like

If you’re busy you can pause your gig. There’s also the out of office feature but that won’t stop existng buyers buying I think. You can also set a limit for the number of orders in the queue for each gig in the “gigs” page.

6 Likes

Check this out: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452537-Cancellations

1 Like

You can set your account to the out-of-office mode, while “Allowing new buyers to contact you”. This, I think, will keep your gigs in the search results, new buyers will be able to contact you, but they won’t be able to purchase directly - only through custom offers made by you.