Is this a violation of TOS?

aliayyaz

Hello,

I am working on a project in which I give the client daily updates at day end. She just messaged me saying she really liked the last update and is waiting for the next one. I replied with:

“yes, just wrapping up work for today. will send an update in about 2 hours”

and this came up:

" Your message was flagged for review by our Trust and Safety team,
due to possible Terms of Service violation. This process may take up to 24 hours.
In the meantime, your message is not visible to **** . Your patience is appreciated."

I immediately went through the TOS and I don’t know what I did wrong. Can someone explain?

Hello,

I am working on a project in which I give the client daily updates at day end. She just messaged me saying she really liked the last update and is waiting for the next one. I replied with:

“yes, just wrapping up work for today. will send an update in about 2 hours”

and this came up:

due to possible Terms of Service violation. This process may take up to 24 hours.

In the meantime, your message is not visible to **** . Your patience is appreciated."

I immediately went through the TOS and I don’t know what I did wrong. Can someone explain?

These messages are quite common. They turn up when you write something like upwork, ■■■■■, email, etc. They get automatically flagged. It’ll take a few minutes and then your message will show up as usual. At least as long as you really didn’t violate the TOS with doing something like exchanging email addresses, phone numbers, etc. 😉

Archived