Is this is a scam offer?

krrish_io

So, I’ve had three orders so far, all 5 star reviews and all of them were orders at the start, like they didn’t contact me by the inbox, I have had people contact me by message before the orders and they just left, they made me work but left without paying. So I was already kind of suspicious, when I got a message. He had no reviews as a buyer, in fact on his profile he was a seller, he had a gig for photoshop editing with no reviews as a seller either. My gig is for thumbnail design, the minimum price is $5 for 3 thumbnail designs. He texted saying hello, I said hi. 50 minutes later he texts I have an offer for 30 thumbnail designs for $6. I felt that was outrageous so I declined it, it takes me an hour or two to make one design, that would take me about 30 hours just for $6. When the highest priced plan on my gig was for $15 and it was to design 5 thumbnails. He wasn’t even in my buyer request offered section so it wasn’t the fact that I had offered him that custom offer. Was this a scam or not, did I make a mistake by declining it?
Thanks
Krrish

I don’t know if it was a scam, but you are free to say no to potential buyers who contact you if you are not willing to work for the price that they offer. No one should work 30 hours for $6.

Thanks for the reply, that’s exactly what I thought, if it was a higher price, then I would have maybe agreed and told him to place an order if he wants it to be done.

Thanks

Krrish

So, I’ve had three orders so far, all 5 star reviews and all of them were orders at the start, like they didn’t contact me by the inbox, I have had people contact me by message before the orders and they just left, they made me work but left without paying. So I was already kind of suspicious, when I got a message. He had no reviews as a buyer, in fact on his profile he was a seller, he had a gig for photoshop editing with no reviews as a seller either. My gig is for thumbnail design, the minimum price is $5 for 3 thumbnail designs. He texted saying hello, I said hi. 50 minutes later he texts I have an offer for 30 thumbnail designs for $6. I felt that was outrageous so I declined it, it takes me an hour or two to make one design, that would take me about 30 hours just for $6. When the highest priced plan on my gig was for $15 and it was to design 5 thumbnails. He wasn’t even in my buyer request offered section so it wasn’t the fact that I had offered him that custom offer. Was this a scam or not, did I make a mistake by declining it?

Thanks

Krrish

contact me by message before the orders and they just left, they made me work but left without paying.

The buyer orders, pays, and then you deliver. That is how Fiverr works.

If you bypass this you will have worked for free.

contact me by message before the orders and they just left, they made me work but left without paying.

Yes, thanks for the reply.

Exactly! You should never start the job until the buyer places an order.

Just to add to this, @krrish_io if they contact you, you need to create custom offers (right in the chat the green button underneath the chat box) and they need to accept this custom offer in order for you to get paid for your work. Don’t start working before the buyer accepts your offer.

And to your actual issue:

There are always going to be cheap buyers trying to get the most out of the lowest price. Don’t devalue your work by accepting those types of requests.

Just to add to this, @krrish_io if they contact you, you need to create custom offers (right in the chat the green button underneath the chat box) and they need to accept this custom offer in order for you to get paid for your work. Don’t start working before the buyer accepts your offer.

And to your actual issue:

There are always going to be cheap buyers trying to get the most out of the lowest price. Don’t devalue your work by accepting those types of requests.

Yep, thanks. I always thought that I would create a custom offer after finishing work and delivering it and if they like it, I would do that, but thanks, I’m definitely going to do what you said.

Thanks

Krrish

I have had people contact me by message before the orders and they just left, they made me work but left without paying.

You realize people are supposed to order? If you want to close the deal, just send them a custom offer for what you’ve discussed, and only start working once it’s been placed.

Was this a scam or not

Doesn’t sound like a scam, just a really wack buyer trying to exploit sellers.

I have had people contact me by message before the orders and they just left, they made me work but left without paying.

You realize people are supposed to order? If you want to close the deal, just send them a custom offer for what you’ve discussed, and only start working once it’s been placed.

Was this a scam or not

Doesn’t sound like a scam, just a really wack buyer trying to exploit sellers.

Yep, thanks for that. I would definitely keep that in mind.

Archived