Is this person buying reviews?

I came across a 3D modelling gig (looking for a 3D modeller), the weird thing is that this account is April 2020. Yet he already has 6 reviews in 1 gig. ( he only got 1 gig) .

The more strange thing is all 6 reviews are written from the same person, in just 1 month. ( I know can be a returning buyer who really loves his work) but his reviews are like very… hmm “bias?”

I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong, just want to point out

image.thumb.png.d0528185994057ad523d3d7ca9c7ec75.png
image817×803 45.4 KB

It’s impossible to know. It could easily be perfectly legitimate, a seller who does great job, and a buyer who keeps coming back because they need more work done and have found someone reliable. As @misscrystal said, you could check the buyer, whether they’ve joined in April, whether they’ve got reviews from other sellers, but even if they did join last month and haven’t bought from anyone else, it still doesn’t prove that the seller is buying reviews.

I came across a 3D modelling gig (looking for a 3D modeller), the weird thing is that this account is April 2020. Yet he already has 6 reviews in 1 gig. ( he only got 1 gig) .

The more strange thing is all 6 reviews are written from the same person, in just 1 month. ( I know can be a returning buyer who really loves his work) but his reviews are like very… hmm “bias?”

Yep, I know . i just not sure. Want to point things out

Maybe someone out there can know how to identify these …

It’s impossible to know. It could easily be perfectly legitimate, a seller who does great job, and a buyer who keeps coming back because they need more work done and have found someone reliable. As @misscrystal said, you could check the buyer, whether they’ve joined in April, whether they’ve got reviews from other sellers, but even if they did join last month and haven’t bought from anyone else, it still doesn’t prove that the seller is buying reviews.

Yep, well said. I have seen many sellers out there get sales from repetitive buyers purchasing the same gig like 5-10 times, sure it’s not always legit, but we don’t have any proof!

I have had the same buyer order from me at the same time with different design projects. So they leave reviews to all the orders. I once had 5 reviews from the same buyer (they were just some small design projects) and he placed 5 orders…

i have returning buyers too.
I didn’t mean to accuse without proof but just report it as a possibility so customer service can make its verifications
don’t know if it’s possible, if not sorry about it 😅

Maybe his gig is something related to the fact that you can purchase his gig again and again!
I have a editing gig and i have 4 reviews from the same person because hes a returning buyer, could be the same scenario for this seller!

yep, I know.

I never report this seller, just asking here. Dont worry, I don’t have any proof 🙂 ( and hopefully I dont get any, haha)

i have returning buyers too.

I didn’t mean to accuse without proof but just report it as a possibility so customer service can make its verifications

don’t know if it’s possible, if not sorry about it 😅

And how would you like it if someone reported you even though you did nothing wrong?

yep, I know.

I never report this seller, just asking here. Dont worry, I don’t have any proof 🙂 ( and hopefully I dont get any, haha)

The issue is that someone in the forums could report. Not just you.

I mean, it could be real, or not, but someone spiteful, or jealous, or with lots of free time could do it just to shut someone else’s gigs.

The issue is that someone in the forums could report. Not just you.

I mean, it could be real, or not, but someone spiteful, or jealous, or with lots of free time could do it just to shut someone else’s gigs.

that’s why I covered all the information that might lead to his identity ( seller and buyer name)

Well lets close this topic by simply saying that no need to report anyone on fiverr!
If someone copies your gig and your 100% sure about it then message the seller first and ask him to remove it because its yours!
If he doesn’t then go ahead and report him

Well lets close this topic by simply saying that no need to report anyone on fiverr!

If someone copies your gig and your 100% sure about it then message the seller first and ask him to remove it because its yours!

If he doesn’t then go ahead and report him

If someone steals from you, you don’t have to be nice to them first, and only report them if they refuse to stop stealing from you.

Archived