Hello to all Sellers - I hope you can help me.
I’m still somewhat new here on Fiverr, yet so far, I’ve encountered several EXCELLENT Sellers. Professional, genuinely committed to delivering quality to the Buyer, polite… and sometimes a good sense of humour as well.
Today however, I had a strange experience. And I genuinely don’t know what the correct next step should be. I hope you Sellers can advise me on this…
As CEO of a rapidly-growing business, I’ve suddenly found the need to “outsource” a long and varied list of tasks on my “overloaded plate”. Being new to Fiverr, I started out by messaging a list of Sellers who appear to be offering Gigs for the work I need done. And since I have quite a large budget targeted for “outsourcing”, I’ve contacted quite a large list of Sellers… and still am contacting Sellers.
Even with this much “experience”, this is the first time I’ve encountered such a puzzling response from a Seller:
- As per usual, I initiated contact with the Seller, requesting further details on their Gig in which I was interested, giving the Seller a short list of Questions to answer.
- Rather than simply answering my questions (as ALL previous Sellers have done), this Seller responded by attaching a text file - which contained MULTIPLE ways to contact him. Personal AND Business email address, Cellphone number, Google voice number, Skype address.
He also instructed: "Call me or connect with me on Skype… I prefer a phone call."
Keep in mind, this was my FIRST contact with this Seller - I had done no previous business with him, nor had I ever contacted him before.
- I responded by politely saying that I would prefer if he’d simply answer my Gig questions by responding to my message (as ALL other Sellers have done).
- He responded VERY rudely, saying that I must be trying to take advantage of him because I won’t talk to him in person, and that he doesn’t do business with anyone on Fiverr, unless they agree to let him speak directly to them.
Given that this Seller has been on Fiverr for 3 YEARS, I assumed that talking directly to a Seller must be allowed - since he claims to have done it MANY times!
- Puzzled, I told him outright that it appeared he was violating Fiverr Policy - but that being new, I might be confused on this point. Again, I was being very polite.
- Again he responded VERY rudely, saying that we were going to be talking to each other directly “anyways”, since he would be working on the customer’s website.
This confused me even more, since the work I was requesting does NOT require him to work on any of my websites!??
- When I pointed out that talking directly to each other was NOT inevitable… he cut off conversation!
A) Isn’t a Seller requesting that a Buyer contact him directly, a CLEAR VIOLATION of Fiverr’s Terms and Conditions?
B) Given how “pissed off” this Seller became, when I refused to contact him directly - and given his claim that he ONLY does business with Buyers who ALLOW him to speak directly with them - how has he managed to remain a Fiverr Seller for 3 YEARS, if he is indeed engaging in REPEATED violations of Fiverr Policy?
Keep in mind, I’m new at this. So I’m quite willing to accept that I may be missing something here and making an erroneous conclusion.
Thank you in advance, to all Sellers who take the time to assist me in this matter.