♨️Is this the weirdest revision request ever?!?‍♂️

kha1ed

There is no legitimate reason for it. I don’t know what it was for but something just doesn’t seem right. It might be a kid who is going to say he did it for a school project.

Hmm! Maybe, but perhaps that level of quality is just inconsistent with their other properties or off-brand for their business.

WOW! This is more than weird. I really want to know how this is going to turn out. Perhaps, it is for some kind of a project - and they would know that he didn’t made it - so that’s why he would like it to be slightly worse. I mean, in case the buyer wasn’t sarcastic.

Yes, it was for his school project and he wanted it less-good so it pass through the teacher.

Although I am totally against this, I cant do anything but to deliver to the kid! He did not mention this before ordeing which doesnt give me any other choices.

Otherwise, get a higher cancellation rate, less exposure, and losing time and money.

This cancellation problem is the main drawback in fiverr in my view. For all parties, the seller, the buyer, and the community. What happened to me with this kid is just an example! I found myself “forced” to do the kid’s homework to keep my business running!

Yes, it was for his school project and he wanted it less-good so it pass through the teacher.

Although I am totally against this, I cant do anything but to deliver to the kid! He did not mention this before ordeing which doesnt give me any other choices.

Otherwise, get a higher cancellation rate, less exposure, and losing time and money.

This cancellation problem is the main drawback in fiverr in my view. For all parties, the seller, the buyer, and the community. What happened to me with this kid is just an example! I found myself “forced” to do the kid’s homework to keep my business running!

Exactly as I suspected. Kind of sad.

Though maybe with Fiverr and their rules they’d want you to cancel it? If it’s now known to be against TOS or against what Fiverr allows. Even though it’s no fault of the seller and the work was delivered as ordered. Maybe cancelling it through CS would allow it not to affect stats/level if asked.

Though maybe with Fiverr and their rules they’d want you to cancel it? If it’s now known to be against TOS or against what Fiverr allows. Even though it’s no fault of the seller and the work was delivered as ordered. Maybe cancelling it through CS would allow it not to affect stats/level if asked.

Im not sure if doing “homeworks” is mentioned in the TOS, and im not sure if there is such order cancellation without affecting stats either 😦

Im not sure if doing “homeworks” is mentioned in the TOS, and im not sure if there is such order cancellation without affecting stats either 😦

It says “Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers”. Though technically you didn’t offer to. You only found out later that it was (if that was what it was). I’ve read on the forum that people have been able to cancel through CS without it affecting stats/level though I don’t think it always happens (ie. it can affect stats). Maybe it depends on the CS person who cancels it and what they decide.

Cancel the order man. That’s the smart thing to do here. There’s so much that can go wrong in this picture.

EDIT:

Be very precise about why you’re cancelling it. Make it clear in the cancellation request that you didn’t know it was for academic purposes and somehow make it even clearer that you don’t provide academic services.

Did you know that it’s against Fiverr’s Terms of Service to assist with coursework? They are really strict about this. You can get suspended or worse. I know you were unaware that’s what it was for, but now that you know and Fiverr has a record that you knew, moving forward with the sale will be a problem. You should cancel. It’s not worth risking your account and reputation just to get the sale and prevent your ratings from dropping. It’s also just wrong morally.

Personally I don’t do work unless I know exactly what it will be used for to help me avoid aiding unethical activity. I find most buyers actually appreciate this because it shows that I am oriented to their goals and I’m thinking strategically instead of just doing a project in isolation.

Archived