Fiverr Community Forum

Is vacation mode better than changing to a later turnaround time? Here's my story

I went out of town for business for 6 weeks and didn’t have the free time for voiceovers. I had to move my turnaround time to 7 days instead of 2 and with that change, the orders stopped coming in. I had one or two people buy a gig here and there, but now my views rarely exceed ten per day. I was thinking of using vacation mode before I left, but others said it dropped you in the ratings category. I’m wondering if changing the turnaround time did the same.

I’ve since moved it back to 2 days after finishing my out of town trip, but the orders have come to a screeching halt. I feel like I have a clear profile and gig but it’s getting the views that can be tough. Any tips for how to get the ball rolling again? Thanks much everyone!

-Coconnor

Please don’t keep posting near-duplicates of the same post. I understand the inclination since you haven’t received responses, but it’s spammy to post a question repeatedly.

It is hard to come back from time away and many sellers have had this problem. I had to use Vacation Mode for a while and I’m still getting low sales, although I’m not actively promoting either since I’m waiting until I have more free time. You can search the forum for “Vacation Mode” and you’ll find others discussing this issue and offering ideas. A few I recall are promotion on social media, changing up your gigs, changing up videos or adding new ones, and creating a new gig to get that one listed under “New” in search.

The vacation button killed every one of my gigs for a straight 3 week period… I’m not kidding … I would get 5-7 messages a day from new clients… Went on a trip out of town … put it on vacation mode … and for 3 weeks I got maybe MAYBE 1 or 2 messages… 0 orders for 2 solid weeks… the 3rd week it started to flow … About a month maybe 1 and a half months later , the gigs returned to normal but have never been as good as they once were…

Note to all: its better to change your delivery times to something ridiculously long instead of putting it on vacation mode.
Confirmed.