Is your favorite Seller on vacation?

lparziale

Well, darn. Where is that “favorite” seller I ordered that cool Himalayan cat combing video from? You know, the one where they comb your text message into Fluffy’s hair? OMG they are gone!! :((

Don’t fret. Odds are, your Seller may have either went on vacation or possibly needed to suspend the gig due to the amazing amount of orders for Fluffy’s hair videos! Before you panic, you may be able to send the Seller a message inquiring as to their status. Simply find their previous gig they delivered to you and when you click on it, you will be able to send them a message. If they are still on Fiverr, you should get a response either when they return from the Himalayas with Fluffy or when they complete their 5000 cat combing video orders and open the gig back up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I first started with Fiverr I went away for a week or so and temporarily suspended my Gig. I can tell you that it took me about a month to get orders coming through again. This at the beginning of 2012. I am therefore not keen to pause my Gigs, but will rather extend the turnaround time. Just a thought for sellers to keep in mind

OBG is right. I have not paused my gigs on my last two vacations. Simply, I extended the date to allow for vacation and catching up when I get back. So, for example, if my gig is normally 5 days turnaround but I am out on vacation for 7 days, I may extend the turnaround to 10 days to ensure I have enough time to get back, get settled and then fulfill orders.

I write something like this:

"NOTE: I am on vacation until x/x/xx and will not be fulfilling gigs until I return. If you would like to get in my queue for when I return and can wait until that time, go ahead and order now and I will process each order in the order they came in while I was away."

I put that before my normal text and then simply extend my delivery time. When I get back, I change my delivery time to normal, delete the message and the last two times, had a tidy amount of orders waiting for me when I got back. My regulars love this!

Archived