Isn't it against Fiverr TOS to link or mention your outside service on Fiverr?

newopp

Or at least that’s what I’ve been lead to believe as I’ve seen this no no mentioned many times. However, I just clicked on a gig of a Top Seller who is clearly linking and mentioning their outside business in their gig.

This seller has been around for quite some time, so no way this isn’t known about. It’s not that I care that they are but if this is okay to do, I’d sure like to link an outside business of mine.

Maybe I’m missing something? :-/

Guest marsch001

It could be that the link was added after the seller had been active for a while, because if a gig has been approved and works, then CS might not look it over again (even when it’s edited, unless there’s a big change maybe) and so it’s “allowed” because they don’t know about it. It’s the same with when they changed that you couldn’t have words in your images - I had two gigs that had words in them that weren’t removed or anything (even after I’d edited the gig – I have since changed the image of both and removed the text) but when I did a new gig, it was rejected and the only thing I can imagine it was rejected for was that I had text in the image (it was a photo of me holding up a sign with text… which is another thing, there’s a lot of gigs offered with people writing things with items or on their body etc, and they seem to still be allowed to have text in their images).

I find it odd that CS didn’t check the gig over before they made the seller Top though, unless the link was added after the fact – which would mean that the seller did it on purpose, even knowing they shouldn’t, because I can’t imagine that any one becomes a Top seller without being very active on the site and aware of what’s going on.

So like musiclover, I’d report it.

Reply to @musiclover: I wouldn’t report you either 😉 . I understand your point but I don’t want to get into being the fiverr police (unless they are paying me) because there are soooo many things getting violated on here daily and will forever be. So I think if I were to report this one, I would have to report all the other violations I see.

I’m just trying to make sure I stay clear and see what I can do to bring some more sales to my gigs.

newopp said: but I don't want to get into being the fiverr police (unless they are paying me) because there are soooo many things getting violated on here daily and will forever be. So

In just about any other situation I'd say "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!" But Fiverr is special (and by special I mean totally ****** up.) Who has the time to clean up the mess? When it's literally a matter of a single click, sure, but any more than that, absolutely not worth it.

Okay I just looked again at the gig. Maybe they are reading this thread as they have taken out the link but their outside name is still in the description. Also I don’t see how fiverr doesn’t know as their outside name and logo is in their video which is view by them personally, correct?

As I said, they’ve done many thousands of orders so I’m just going to keep quiet before they find a reason to remove me for meddling. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can’t force to do something you don’t want, naturally; but I think that you should report this seller to Customer Support: if he is doing something violating TOS, Fiverr team will take necessary action on his gigs; on the contrary, if everything is legal, you can ask if you’re allowed to walk the same way.

This could help you: if it’s legal you can post your links, if it’n not your competitors should follow the rules…

If I’d see something like this, I’d report it immediately…

I think it’s a matter of community: if everyone of us wants this to be a clean site, let’s help to maintain it clean… you know what I mean…

Do you agree?

Reply to @mark74: I do agree but there’s no way I believe they don’t already know. This person has thousands of posted reviews, which means there are thousands of buyers who didn’t post a review. Therefore, I think they know exactly what is going on because that seller is making them big money so of course they are aware of that account.

This a situation that would most likely get me shutdown so I’ll just keep quiet and continue to get my few dollars here and there and let the flourish. That’s how it works sometimes, not fair but hey…

Archived