Isn't this totally UNFAIR?

farhanamila

Before the buyer leaves the review everything is totally fine. They don’t even complain or ask for any changes in the work. So, based on that i leave 5-star review. But, then i see, that the buyer has left 2 star or 3 star with a lame excuse. I could defend that point if i would see the review before providing the review. Now, people will think that as i have left 5 star, he was a good buyer and i am totally bad seller. Isn’t the situation becomes that? But, all time buyer can’t be right, can they? They can even not noticed something and think that i haven’t provided that and provide a bad review. But, what’s the fault of seller in that case? Why fiverr is imposing is type of unfair system of us? Don’t they want that we keep working here? If they don’t want, they just can block all accounts. Why is joke for? Surprising!!! I really hate the blind-review system. You can’t even ask for review modification or can’t even ask why they put bad review? WTF?? That means seller only works for money here? Then why do you rank the gigs by rating? Totally UNFAIR and ILLOGICAL!

This is fiverr rules 😫 we can not say anything for that …For that sometime I complete my the project first then i told to place order and once i got scammed also 😂

That’s not the right procedure. In that case, if the buyer takes the work and don’t place the order, you have nothing to do. And even if they place order, yet they can leave a bad review.

That’s not the right procedure. In that case, if the buyer takes the work and don’t place the order, you have nothing to do. And even if they place order, yet they can leave a bad review.

I did that some time because i did not want to get bad review or cancel the order … Fiverr should update those things.Once a buyer get the delivery he can not cancel order and if a buyer place order by mistake then if he cancel then our order cancellation rate will not increase …

absolutely unfair and frustrating for the sellers i wish fiverr would change it

Me too. We can’t even justify our point why the buyer leave a bad review. Previously, it was possible to defend buyer points on the feedback. But, now not seeing their review, i provide 5 star saying “Thank You :)”. And they provides 1 star saying “she was a nasty girl”. Isn’t this a joke for a seller?

I did that some time because i did not want to get bad review or cancel the order … Fiverr should update those things.Once a buyer get the delivery he can not cancel order and if a buyer place order by mistake then if he cancel then our order cancellation rate will not increase …

Right! Buyer makes mistake, choose the wrong gig or package and then just ask for a cancellation. And our order completion rate decreases. Fiverr’s total system is to fun with the seller.

Me too. We can’t even justify our point why the buyer leave a bad review. Previously, it was possible to defend buyer points on the feedback. But, now not seeing their review, i provide 5 star saying “Thank You :)”. And they provides 1 star saying “she was a nasty girl”. Isn’t this a joke for a seller?

i agree with you actually it haven’t happend with me yet but by hearing other sellers experience i feel so bad i hope it will not happen with you again and with me also

i agree with you actually it haven’t happend with me yet but by hearing other sellers experience i feel so bad i hope it will not happen with you again and with me also

Even once a buyer mistakenly placed two orders at a time. So, he asked for cancellation of one order. Ultimately, i am the loser.

well i can see that you are level two seller then you are a senior seller on this platform and you know better then but i have suggestion for you that you should contact with the buyer before starting the order and if the discussion not goes well then cancel the order mutually to avoid bad reviews
well don’t take other away
thanks

But Once A buyer was placed two order by mistake but i didn’t accepted those…He wanted to place one but placed two . He told customer support and they had cancelled one order and my order cancellation rate did not increased that time i felt happy.

well i can see that you are level two seller then you are a senior seller on this platform and you know better then but i have suggestion for you that you should contact with the buyer before starting the order and if the discussion not goes well then cancel the order mutually to avoid bad reviews

well don’t take other away

thanks

I have mentioned on my gig description and even in the requirement section several times to contact before placing any order. Most of the buyers don’t even message before placing the order. They don’t even read the gig or packages carefully and place order with a ton of works in a low price. Ultimate result is cancellation or bad review. Do i have anything to skip it? Nooooo.

But Once A buyer was placed two order by mistake but i didn’t accepted those…He wanted to place one but placed two . He told customer support and they had cancelled one order and my order cancellation rate did not increased that time i felt happy.

Is there anything like accepting the order in Fiverr? The seller doesn’t have any option to accept or reject the order. If the buyer places order, that’s it.

I have mentioned on my gig description and even in the requirement section several times to contact before placing any order. Most of the buyers don’t even message before placing the order. They don’t even read the gig or packages carefully and place order with a ton of works in a low price. Ultimate result is cancellation or bad review. Do i have anything to skip it? Nooooo.

my choice will be mutually cancellation instead of bad review and it’s fiverr we have nothing to do with it so we need to be smart

my choice will be mutually cancellation instead of bad review and it’s fiverr we have nothing to do with it so we need to be smart

Yeah, when i see it’s not possible to carry on, i tell to cancel. But, whether it’s cancellation or bad review- both hampers gig ranking. And the recent times, it’s not even imaginable that the buyer is going to put bad review. They don’t ask for modification, they don’t express their dissatisfaction, just put a negative review. And depending on the experience, i put 5 star. Whatever, there is nothing to do, i guess. I just hope fiverr changes this system and gets back to the old system.

Yeah, when i see it’s not possible to carry on, i tell to cancel. But, whether it’s cancellation or bad review- both hampers gig ranking. And the recent times, it’s not even imaginable that the buyer is going to put bad review. They don’t ask for modification, they don’t express their dissatisfaction, just put a negative review. And depending on the experience, i put 5 star. Whatever, there is nothing to do, i guess. I just hope fiverr changes this system and gets back to the old system.

they don’t express their dissatisfaction

yeah it’s really a problem if they don’t share there thoughts during the deal time

Is there anything like accepting the order in Fiverr? The seller doesn’t have any option to accept or reject the order. If the buyer places order, that’s it.

Is there anything like accepting the order in Fiverr?.. If the buyer places order, that’s it.

This is how Fiverr was designed to work. You should have everything a buyer needs already listed on your gig page. The buyer selects a package for the services they want, and they can place any order right then and there. There should be no need for a buyer to have to contact you before they place an order. You can certainly ask them to, but they shouldn’t have to if you’re using Fiverr the way it was designed to be used.

Yest there are lots of such things which unfair for seller. the customer support, they always take buyer’s side no matter who is wrong or who is right. LOL. because they know seller will never leave the site because they get paid but buyer do. they may stop buying on fiverr. that’s why. If i do speak about these unfair things i have thousand things to talk. but i don’t want talk about them. because fiverr will never hear for sellers with those unfair thing complains. so keep silent. work here or don’t. That’s it. no one forcing you to sell here. 🙂

Is there anything like accepting the order in Fiverr?.. If the buyer places order, that’s it.

This is how Fiverr was designed to work. You should have everything a buyer needs already listed on your gig page. The buyer selects a package for the services they want, and they can place any order right then and there. There should be no need for a buyer to have to contact you before they place an order. You can certainly ask them to, but they shouldn’t have to if you’re using Fiverr the way it was designed to be used.

In that case, they should read the gig carefully before placing order as well, isn’t it? But, unfortunately most of them don’t bother to read the gig description. A few days ago, a client order and asked for signature. I made the signature. And then he said he wants a handwritten signature, not a HTML signature. If so, then why did he placed order in an HTML signature gig? I have clearly mentioned in my FAQ section, that i don’t make or modify logo or banner. Yet many cases, clients ask for that service within the gig. Above all, it doesn’t matter what’s my services terms and condition is, some client doesn’t bother to read or maintain them.

If a buyer placed order may be there is a option that "I what everything and something whatever "If you click on this then the countdown will start … I got that option …

In that case, they should read the gig carefully before placing order as well, isn’t it? But, unfortunately most of them don’t bother to read the gig description. A few days ago, a client order and asked for signature. I made the signature. And then he said he wants a handwritten signature, not a HTML signature. If so, then why did he placed order in an HTML signature gig? I have clearly mentioned in my FAQ section, that i don’t make or modify logo or banner. Yet many cases, clients ask for that service within the gig. Above all, it doesn’t matter what’s my services terms and condition is, some client doesn’t bother to read or maintain them.

Yet many cases, clients ask for that service within the gig.

Then perhaps you need to be clearer in your own gig description. If people are ordering the wrong thing, the onus is on YOU to make sure there is no confusion. Clearly, something about your choice of description is confusing buyers. Don’t immediately jump to blaming buyers, when it may be something YOU can fix.

Above all, it doesn’t matter what’s my services terms and condition is, some client doesn’t bother to read or maintain them.

You’re right, there are SOME buyers who don’t read a gig’s description. However, as an example to the contrary, I’ve been a successful seller here on Fiverr for almost five years. In that time, I’ve only had a small handful of people express confusion over something I’ve written in my gig or package descriptions – less than 0.1% of all of my buyers at most. And, when there has been confusion, I’ve further clarified my descriptions, and have never had that problem again.

And that is a fact, drawn from my thousands of orders over those five years.

If buyers are “accidentally” ordering the wrong thing from your gig, then they are clearly confused by what you offer, and it is YOUR responsibility to remove that confusion.

Yet many cases, clients ask for that service within the gig.

Then perhaps you need to be clearer in your own gig description. If people are ordering the wrong thing, the onus is on YOU to make sure there is no confusion. Clearly, something about your choice of description is confusing buyers. Don’t immediately jump to blaming buyers, when it may be something YOU can fix.

Above all, it doesn’t matter what’s my services terms and condition is, some client doesn’t bother to read or maintain them.

You’re right, there are SOME buyers who don’t read a gig’s description. However, as an example to the contrary, I’ve been a successful seller here on Fiverr for almost five years. In that time, I’ve only had a small handful of people express confusion over something I’ve written in my gig or package descriptions – less than 0.1% of all of my buyers at most. And, when there has been confusion, I’ve further clarified my descriptions, and have never had that problem again.

And that is a fact, drawn from my thousands of orders over those five years.

If buyers are “accidentally” ordering the wrong thing from your gig, then they are clearly confused by what you offer, and it is YOUR responsibility to remove that confusion.

Then perhaps you need to be clearer in your own gig description.

I agree with Jonbass on this one.

Let’s take a look at your title, for example.

" I Will Email Signature, Html Email Signature Clickable Signature"

You will email the client a signature? Not a very pro way to express your services.

Similarly, the overall gig description is at a very simplistic level, which most of the times attracts people with a simplistic level of understanding English. Add this to the fact that you are working on the cheapest end of the spectrum and you have the recipe to attract some of the most nightmarish customers.

The simple question here is: How can you expect to attract high-quality clients with a low-quality description?

I am saying this with the intention to help you. If I would look to buy an Email Signature, I wouldn’t choose you because of the way you wrote about your services.

I don’t think that is Fiverr’s responsibility here. I faced difficulties in the beginning, but after I got enough reviews I increased the quality of my services and the prices of my gigs, and therefore 99% of my clients are really awesome people as a result. They make me proud to work with them and for them. But is not the merit of the platform. It’s my merit, because I did the necessary changes and I adjusted the prices in such a way that I attract the people I want to work with. I am also not afraid to cancel work that is not suitable for me and to block people that don’t know how to respect.

Sure, anybody can come and order from us, but I can bet you that the majority of people that spend their money without reading the gigs are in the 5$ range. If someone is spending 100$ on a gig, you can be sure that they read the description 10 times before investing their money.

Now, I don’t say that it’s wrong to stay in that price range. If that’s what you want, go for it. But when you have your services at the lowest price possible, easy to be ordered by virtually anybody, you should expect to get a lot of trouble with it. It’s like the difference between having a very selective club vs the cheapest bar in the whole city. Sure, you will get more clients, but you will also get more mess for less money.

There are many things that I agree they should change at Fiverr, but hoping and praying and arguing for this is a waste of time when we could simply raise the quality of our clients by simply raising our own standards and quality. Just my opinion. 🙂

Again, I write all of this with the intention to help you and to showcase that is within your power to make the adjustments necessary to avoid these kinds of situations to the best of your abilities. You can take some notes from our advice and start making some changes. Or you can keep stating that this is unfair, but that won’t help you with anything.

Then perhaps you need to be clearer in your own gig description.

I agree with Jonbass on this one.

Let’s take a look at your title, for example.

" I Will Email Signature, Html Email Signature Clickable Signature"

You will email the client a signature? Not a very pro way to express your services.

Similarly, the overall gig description is at a very simplistic level, which most of the times attracts people with a simplistic level of understanding English. Add this to the fact that you are working on the cheapest end of the spectrum and you have the recipe to attract some of the most nightmarish customers.

The simple question here is: How can you expect to attract high-quality clients with a low-quality description?

I am saying this with the intention to help you. If I would look to buy an Email Signature, I wouldn’t choose you because of the way you wrote about your services.

I don’t think that is Fiverr’s responsibility here. I faced difficulties in the beginning, but after I got enough reviews I increased the quality of my services and the prices of my gigs, and therefore 99% of my clients are really awesome people as a result. They make me proud to work with them and for them. But is not the merit of the platform. It’s my merit, because I did the necessary changes and I adjusted the prices in such a way that I attract the people I want to work with. I am also not afraid to cancel work that is not suitable for me and to block people that don’t know how to respect.

Sure, anybody can come and order from us, but I can bet you that the majority of people that spend their money without reading the gigs are in the 5$ range. If someone is spending 100$ on a gig, you can be sure that they read the description 10 times before investing their money.

Now, I don’t say that it’s wrong to stay in that price range. If that’s what you want, go for it. But when you have your services at the lowest price possible, easy to be ordered by virtually anybody, you should expect to get a lot of trouble with it. It’s like the difference between having a very selective club vs the cheapest bar in the whole city. Sure, you will get more clients, but you will also get more mess for less money.

There are many things that I agree they should change at Fiverr, but hoping and praying and arguing for this is a waste of time when we could simply raise the quality of our clients by simply raising our own standards and quality. Just my opinion. 🙂

Again, I write all of this with the intention to help you and to showcase that is within your power to make the adjustments necessary to avoid these kinds of situations to the best of your abilities. You can take some notes from our advice and start making some changes. Or you can keep stating that this is unfair, but that won’t help you with anything.

I wouldn’t fully agree with you.

Buyers quite often doesn’t read description and actually even the name of the package

For example: I have a logo gig where I offer 3 packages (signaturelogo , modern and illustration/icon logo) I thinks it’s already quite clear from the names what people would get. On top of that I have short descriptions under each version clearly stating what will be included in each package (e.g text logo only, or logo with illustration etc) and on top of that I have a description which goes in detail and in some parts saying in caps “don’t order this package if you need an illustration” etc.

But guess what? I still get a lot of clients who didn’t read anything, they already surfed on fiver for a long time and assuming that all packages for my work are the same and just offering different final files delivarbles as many other cheap services here do.

Most of my clients actually amazing and when I reach out to them to explain the details most of them prefer to upgrade to the right option. But of course there are still quite few who can even start blackmailing.

To sum up: it’s not always a seller fault, and I can understand why those mistakes happening. On the buyer side I’m also tired of hours of looking for a good services and pages of descriptions and gigs and you just loose attention in some cases. Nevertheless…

Archived