Issue_1

ba10ch_5armad

I don’t know what some buyers think of sellers. $5 is a very fine rate for a 700 word SEO optimized article. A client comes to me, I write him a free 600 word sample on the topic he provides. He liked my work and asked me to write 50 articles. When it comes to budget, he offered me just $ 60. fiverr keeps 20 % of the net payment. This kind of attitude must be discouraged.

You gave your work away for free initially, $1 per article is better than that. Dont do free samples, as you said, $5 is excellent value for an article so let them pay for their samples. These guys who ask for free samples are not serious buyers, they are taking a chance to see if you will do it. What if he had 50 writers all giving him a free sample?

There’s a saying in English: “give someone an inch and they will take a mile”. You gave them a free sample, and they then expected this gracious low, low cost to extend to all your future dealings with them.

Every time I have given an inch (in freelance work), a mile has been taken from me. Sometimes, if I’m in a good mood and I feel that it might get somewhere, I’ll give that inch.

I have never been rewarded for this. These buyers are trash. Just don’t bother.

If you are a buyer like this, yes, I think you are trash. Complain if you like, but you are trashy, so what could anyone expect? Trash.

Archived