Fiverr Forum

Issue with my gig

Hi Team,

I am really upset to see that one of my gigs has been denied by fiverr team. It was performing stupendously. I was only offering Royalty Free images to the customers who are in need of these. I had researched on fiverr before creating such gig. There are many sellers who are doing the same and I think there is nothing wrong selling our skills. I research on internet and find the relevant royalty free images for customers. How can I get my gig restored? Please suggest. Thanks

2 Likes

I had similar experiences, they deleted my best selling gig. (reason: “This particular gig is no longer in our focus”) - any time spent with CS is better spent elsewhere. They have this policy not to tell you the reasons, just suggesting you to read the TOS and other vague canned responses.

Maybe it’s because they gain extra money from extras that use the “gettyimages” stock photo thing.

Or if it was the “40 images with quotes” gig maybe they were worried about the copyright on the quotes even if they were okay with the images.

Were the quotes old enough to be public domain/are you sure you were allowed to use those quotes (copyright-wise) with the buyer’s website/logo?

You could ask CS what they had an issue with about the gig (eg. whether it was the 40 royalty-free images (if they were royalty free) or the quotes or both).

Another gig was “I will give you 70K quotes from brainyquote website”, where in the description it said “Total Quotes you will receive under this Gig are 92000!”- maybe there were copyright issues etc. with that gig. Wouldn’t that involve copying a lot of info from that website (that site also says "You may access and use our Site only for your personal use - plus other restrictions disallowing web scrapers etc. - so that would disallow commercial use of it)?

Thanks for replying :slight_smile:
Gig that you are talking about is still active. I had another gig by name ’ provide royalty free images for your website’. This one has been denied. I always provided royalty free images to my customers. Should I contact Customer Support Executive regarding the same?

Sad to know :frowning:
Unfortunately we are helpless and can’t do anything.

Gig that you are talking about is still active.

The “40 images with quotes” gig isn’t active and the “70k quotes from brainyquotes website” gig isn’t active either when I check your Fiverr profile.

I always provided royalty free images to my customers. Should I contact Customer Support Executive regarding the same?

Yes you could ask CS why the gig was denied.

How are you able to see the gigs which I have deleted from my account?

Why I deleted these gigs because I don’t want another Copyright Strike on it.

How are you able to see the gigs which I have deleted from my account?

I can’t see them fully but I can view the Google Cache copy of those 2 I mentioned.

If you type your Fiverr username into the Google search box and press search, the URLs for your gigs show in the search results, including gigs/pages that are deleted on Fiverr if they are still in Google’s cache (Google’s cached versions of the pages). You can select to view the cache to see a (not properly formatted etc.) version of that page from the time Google cached it.

Basically I was trying to find the gig you were saying that CS had removed so I could guess at the reason for it (to answer the question raised in the first post).

But I still think it’s best to contact CS as they are the ones who will be the best people to tell you the reason for the removal, if they want to give you the reason.