Issues with CS regarding approving a Gig

autumnthu

I have been having issues with a Gig I listed that never became searchable. After finding out that I needed to contact CS about the gig, I did. I was reminded that 3rd party communication was against ToS. I understand that. However, the Gig is a video-based service, and Fiverr doesn’t support video-based communication. I asked for some guidance to help navigate what would be allowed/appropriate in this instance, as there are dozens if not hundreds of easily searchable posts that offer communication via non-Fiverr-based video communication programs. Instead, I kept getting hit with the same piece of information - you can’t use these external services. Additionally, I was informed to report/flag all of these posts so they could be removed for violating ToS. Some of these gigs have been up for long enough to have several reviews, and I don’t feel comfortable doing that.

I was blunt with CS and said that instead of telling me what I can’t do, I’d appreciate it if they offered me alternatives to what I can do to offer this particular service. I still haven’t heard back. I also mentioned that if that particular CS agent couldn’t help me, then I’d appreciate being transferred to someone that could.

I’ve read here that these types of gigs can get special approval via CS, but this guy clearly isn’t willing to help with that. What else can I be saying or asking for to get my gig approved? This is the only Gig I’m having particular trouble with, and I’d like to get ahead of the game if my other video based communication gig gets caught up in this issue as well. So far, though, it has been searchable and even became so pretty quickly compared to my other gigs.

Advice is appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi!

Some context about what you’re actually offering via your gig would probably help in figuring out the cause of the issue as well as potential solutions.

What do you mean when you say it’s a video based communication gig?

As in, the service is provided via video based communication (the last time I tried to make a post with the specific names of the platforms, it got dinged - but they rhyme with boom and tripe).

Fiverr is saying I can’t use these to offer gigs. But that is what my gig requires. Other people have gigs listed that use these services, such as moderating/running digital meetings, and they haven’t been removed. Mine can’t be done through Fiverr because it requires some kind of video communication platform which Fiverr doesn’t have. Yet I’m not getting anywhere with how to adjust my service to make it suitable for the ToS and understanding which platform I can use.

Edit: As far as the specific gig I am speaking of, I had offered my services as a virtual tour guide. I would connect with others via video and take them on a personal tour of my city. I figured that since people can’t travel for real, some people might be interested in having someone show them around virtually.

The other gig I have that requires video communication services is online tutoring. That gig hasn’t been dinged yet, though. I’m just hoping to figure out how to mitigate that before it happens.

As in, the service is provided via video based communication (the last time I tried to make a post with the specific names of the platforms, it got dinged - but they rhyme with boom and tripe).

Fiverr is saying I can’t use these to offer gigs. But that is what my gig requires. Other people have gigs listed that use these services, such as moderating/running digital meetings, and they haven’t been removed. Mine can’t be done through Fiverr because it requires some kind of video communication platform which Fiverr doesn’t have. Yet I’m not getting anywhere with how to adjust my service to make it suitable for the ToS and understanding which platform I can use.

Edit: As far as the specific gig I am speaking of, I had offered my services as a virtual tour guide. I would connect with others via video and take them on a personal tour of my city. I figured that since people can’t travel for real, some people might be interested in having someone show them around virtually.

The other gig I have that requires video communication services is online tutoring. That gig hasn’t been dinged yet, though. I’m just hoping to figure out how to mitigate that before it happens.

Try searching “lessons” on Fiverr and you will see a lot of gigs that appear to search that are similar to yours. Study how they structured their gig description and pattern yours similarly. I think you mentioned keywords or names that shouldn’t be mentioned that perhaps triggers the Fiverr system.

“As in, the service is provided via video based communication” - I understand that, I mean what is the service specifically?

Is it video lessons, is it moderating a digital meeting as per your example, is it offering live counselling… There are a plethora of different services based on video communications, and the solutions to how you can go about having a gig for it on Fiverr will vary depending on the actual service.

“As in, the service is provided via video based communication” - I understand that, I mean what is the service specifically?

Is it video lessons, is it moderating a digital meeting as per your example, is it offering live counselling… There are a plethora of different services based on video communications, and the solutions to how you can go about having a gig for it on Fiverr will vary depending on the actual service.

Check my edit. Sorry, I got ahead of myself.

Check my edit. Sorry, I got ahead of myself.

I’ve finally received a reply, but the response is still very unclear and not helpful

Is it against etiquette to request another CS agent? I already mentioned that I would like to speak to someone if he couldn’t help me, and we don’t really seem to be getting anywhere. Or should I close out this ticket and write a new one explaining the last ticket and why I’m reopening it?

I don’t want to cause too many issues and get on the wrong side of things. I just feel like I’m not getting the help I need in order to do the right thing to satisfy both parties.

Have you tried posting the gig without mentioned the actual name of any video service platform, and just stating it will be conducted by video chat?
Fiverr’s TOS do state that you can give out contact details if it’s necessary for the gig, which in this case it would be. I second theratypist’s suggestion of seeing how other sellers in this kind of category navigate this.
I think it’s fine to ask to talk to someone else, while also referencing the part in the TOS mentioned above.

As far as the specific gig I am speaking of, I had offered my services as a virtual tour guide. I would connect with others via video and take them on a personal tour of my city.

Wouldn’t it be simpler/less risky TOS-wise to not do it live? You could either pre-record it or create it after you get the order with the places they want to see, or a bit of both. As long as it’s clear from the title and description what they’ll be getting. That way you could just deliver a .mp4 and not need one of those sites.

As far as the specific gig I am speaking of, I had offered my services as a virtual tour guide. I would connect with others via video and take them on a personal tour of my city.

Wouldn’t it be simpler/less risky TOS-wise to not do it live? You could either pre-record it or create it after you get the order with the places they want to see, or a bit of both. As long as it’s clear from the title and description what they’ll be getting. That way you could just deliver a .mp4 and not need one of those sites.

Wouldn’t it be simpler/less risky TOS-wise to not do it live

I agree on the simpler part but I find it interesting that if you search “lessons”, you will see a Top Rated Seller and Fiverr’s choice (at the moment) labelled seller that does a gig similar to this. Not English lessons but voice lessons. They use the platform that rhymes with Boom haha

Well, the point was to have it be live. As in, someone could tell me “Oh, that shop looks interesting, go in there!” or be able to ask questions about things they are seeing on screen that I might not notice to mention. Or if we came across a local, there could be the opportunity for communication with them if the person had a question. I was looking to provide an interactive experience rather than something prerecorded, because the purpose of the gig was for them to feel like they are out of their living room for an hour and be an active participant, not a passive one. I personally wouldn’t pay for a service I could find free on YouTube.

Have you tried posting the gig without mentioned the actual name of any video service platform, and just stating it will be conducted by video chat?

Fiverr’s TOS do state that you can give out contact details if it’s necessary for the gig, which in this case it would be. I second theratypist’s suggestion of seeing how other sellers in this kind of category navigate this.

I think it’s fine to ask to talk to someone else, while also referencing the part in the TOS mentioned above.

I haven’t been able to find any other service similar to the one I’m offering, or I would try to.

I’m contacting CS again and asking them specifically related to my other gig, since they closed out the other ticket:

If live video lessons don’t violate ToS, why can’t I do this gig if it also requires video chat?

If live video lessons do violate ToS, why is this even an option for gigs? (paraphrased, of course).

It’s mainly that this particular point of no video chatting affects two of my gigs and I want to understand why one could be allowed but not the other.

I haven’t been able to find any other service similar to the one I’m offering, or I would try to.

I’m contacting CS again and asking them specifically related to my other gig, since they closed out the other ticket:

If live video lessons don’t violate ToS, why can’t I do this gig if it also requires video chat?

If live video lessons do violate ToS, why is this even an option for gigs? (paraphrased, of course).

It’s mainly that this particular point of no video chatting affects two of my gigs and I want to understand why one could be allowed but not the other.

Sorry - I think I was unclear. When I said “sellers in this kind of category”, I simply mean sellers offering live video services, not live tours.

I think it’s likely that just reframing the gig as a virtual tour guide gig, without specifically mentioning the video platform that you will use, would probably help. To be honest, if you could post the gig title and description you had used, we may be able to help offer suggestions on what was flagging an issue for CS.

Well, the point was to have it be live. As in, someone could tell me “Oh, that shop looks interesting, go in there!” or be able to ask questions about things they are seeing on screen that I might not notice to mention. Or if we came across a local, there could be the opportunity for communication with them if the person had a question. I was looking to provide an interactive experience rather than something prerecorded, because the purpose of the gig was for them to feel like they are out of their living room for an hour and be an active participant, not a passive one. I personally wouldn’t pay for a service I could find free on YouTube.

Maybe it would be possible with something like html5 to create an interactive video that could be something like that. eg. put options on the screen while they’re watching the video that could play other parts of the video or maybe start a different video clip depending on the option they chose. Though I don’t know if it would be difficult to do a whole tour with many options that way, and it wouldn’t be live. So it wouldn’t be quite what you you want but it’s an alternative if the other way of doing a pre-recorded video/video clips+others after the order is created isn’t the way you’d want.

Sorry - I think I was unclear. When I said “sellers in this kind of category”, I simply mean sellers offering live video services, not live tours.

I think it’s likely that just reframing the gig as a virtual tour guide gig, without specifically mentioning the video platform that you will use, would probably help. To be honest, if you could post the gig title and description you had used, we may be able to help offer suggestions on what was flagging an issue for CS.

Well they specifically told me that it was because I mentioned that I would be using something that rhymes with fart scrap. I just figured it would have been best to be up front about it in the description. It’s just that after the conversation I had with CS, they made it sound like I couldn’t do the gig at all regardless of if I reworded it:

it’s not possible to communicate with sellers outside of Fiverr, so it’s not possible to live stream as well

But the gig was never sent to ‘hard deny’ it’s still sitting at ‘soft deny’, which confuses things even more.

I can post what I have already for my description in a minute - I have food on the stove atm

Maybe it would be possible with something like html5 to create an interactive video that could be something like that. eg. put options on the screen while they’re watching the video that could play other parts of the video or maybe start a different video clip depending on the option they chose. Though I don’t know if it would be difficult to do a whole tour with many options that way, and it wouldn’t be live. So it wouldn’t be quite what you you want but it’s an alternative if the other way of doing a pre-recorded video/video clips+others after the order is created isn’t the way you’d want.

I appreciate the suggestion. Thanks for brainstorming for me. However, that sounds way above what I am capable of pulling off. I was just hoping to find an easyish gig that didn’t require too many new skills that I could do in my time off. Taking a walk with a friend would be so much easier 😂

Well they specifically told me that it was because I mentioned that I would be using something that rhymes with fart scrap. I just figured it would have been best to be up front about it in the description. It’s just that after the conversation I had with CS, they made it sound like I couldn’t do the gig at all regardless of if I reworded it:

it’s not possible to communicate with sellers outside of Fiverr, so it’s not possible to live stream as well

But the gig was never sent to ‘hard deny’ it’s still sitting at ‘soft deny’, which confuses things even more.

I can post what I have already for my description in a minute - I have food on the stove atm

I would definitely ask for a different CS representative - they don’t seem to be able to help you because they may not be too well versed in what is/isn’t allowed.

According to Fiverr’s own TOS, you’re definitely allowed to communicate outside of Fiverr if it’s necessary for the gig, they just don’t offer protections for doing so. Personal contact details may be given via the order page if it’s necessary for completion of the gig.

Update:

I was able to get connected with a new CS who was very helpful in explaining to me the issue with video-based communication outside Fiverr and how it would affect my gig. After making a few minor tweaks with the wording of the gig, I was able to get it approved and searchable without any changes to the actual service my gig provides.

For those who are worried about their gigs needing video-based communication platforms, I was told that these are absolutely OK to use if the gig requires it. However, they want people to use (rhymes with) Boom, as it can’t be misconstrued as a texting based service such as (rhymes with) Fartscrap, etc.

Thanks again to all the help and advice!

Link to the gig that caused so much trouble.

So weird. On all of my Gigs, I have a little box that I can check to offer LIVE video chat! I wonder if it is only available to certain sellers/levels or categories?

GG

I just went back and looked, and it defo. didn’t have that option anywhere. Perhaps it depends on the type of gig/where it was listed as well? This gig is listed in travel.

Archived