It all happened under 10 minutes (Removed my gig, Gave me warning and Disabled my account permanently)

medinannaa

Screenshot_2019-04-01-15-44-00-692_com.google.android_gm.thumb.jpg.5557522c4d17f72d6fe2c3d5ba0524a3.jpg

I completed two jobs all sumed up $310 on March 19, Both clients all rated me 5 starts each. When I checked my pending clearance funds, It was $248; I was like WHAT?. So after some google search, I saw fiverr charge 20% commission on all sales, Then I was like whatever, $248 is still OK for me. The $248 is supposed to be cleared after 14 day( which is on 2nd april) So since then, I have haven’t received any orders, So I just patiently waited for 2nd April so I can withdraw my first funds from Fiverr. Wo and behold, on First April (today) I got a main that my gig has been removed and that I was given first warning. I logged into my account immediately and saw greeted with a pop-up that I have been warned first time. I also noticed my gig was removed. Few minutes later, I saw notification of my account being banned.

All this happened within 10 minutes and just the next day I am to withdraw my money. I just feel very sad now. Am still waiting for the customer service replay as I have messaged them. Am just so disappointed 😥

I completed two jobs all sumed up $310 on March 19, Both clients all rated me 5 starts each. When I checked my pending clearance funds, It was $248; I was like WHAT?. So after some google search, I saw fiverr charge 20% commission on all sales, Then I was like whatever, $248 is still OK for me. The $248 is supposed to be cleared after 14 day( which is on 2nd april) So since then, I have haven’t received any orders, So I just patiently waited for 2nd April so I can withdraw my first funds from Fiverr. Wo and behold, on First April (today) I got a main that my gig has been removed and that I was given first warning. I logged into my account immediately and saw greeted with a pop-up that I have been warned first time. I also noticed my gig was removed. Few minutes later, I saw notification of my account being banned.

All this happened within 10 minutes and just the next day I am to withdraw my money. I just feel very sad now. Am still waiting for the customer service replay as I have messaged them. Am just so disappointed 😥

So after some google search, I saw fiverr charge 20% commission on all sales,

Why did you have to Google that when it is already clearly explained in Fiverr’s Terms of Service? It shows that you did not even bother to read Fiverr’s ToS. Fiverr’s ToS has all the Do’s and Don’ts of the platform mentioned in it. All Fiverr users have to abide by these terms whenever they’re working on Fiverr. Not reading the ToS will definitely get sellers in trouble because there are a lot of things in the ToS which we might think are allowed on Fiverr, but aren’t.

Well, unfortunately, the only thing you can do right now is to wait for their response. Remember, you are only allowed to have one account on Fiverr. If, for whatever reason, Fiverr doesn’t activate your disabled account, you cannot just create a new account on Fiverr. Sooner than later, Fiverr will disable it, too.

Also, remember, if you earned the $248 by violating Fiverr’s ToS, they may not give you access to that money.

Good luck! 🍀

What was your warning for?

This is the email I got:

Your account was flagged for offering services that are not allowed in our marketplace.

Fiverr allows sellers to create Gigs and offer professional services. However, sellers are required to be aware of our Terms of Service, guidelines, and which services are not allowed on our platform. Additionally, sellers must adhere to all third party Terms of Service.

This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr’s TOS, your account will be suspended.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out at

This is the email I got:

Your account was flagged for offering services that are not allowed in our marketplace.

Fiverr allows sellers to create Gigs and offer professional services. However, sellers are required to be aware of our Terms of Service, guidelines, and which services are not allowed on our platform. Additionally, sellers must adhere to all third party Terms of Service.

This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr’s TOS, your account will be suspended.

I am sorry, but since you earned the amount through a gig that was violating Fiverr’s ToS, I am afraid you may not be given access to the $248 that you earned. 😦 I don’t think your account would be reinstated either. 😿

This is the email I got:

What was the service your provided in your gig?

Completely agree with @hanshuber16, if you didn’t even know that fiverr takes a commission on all orders that means that you didn’t check fiverr TOS that you signed and accepted and what services are allowed to sell on fiver

I am sorry, but since you earned the amount through a gig that was violating Fiverr’s ToS, I am afraid you may not be given access to the $248 that you earned. 😦 I don’t think your account would be reinstated either. 😿

They removed the gig and gave me ‘First’ warning only to ban my account minutes later.

What was the service your provided in your gig?

Completely agree with @hanshuber16, if you didn’t even know that fiverr takes a commission on all orders that means that you didn’t check fiverr TOS that you signed and accepted and what services are allowed to sell on fiver

Writing and posting paid reviews (as stated in the gig removed email)

It looks like your account is active, though not offering any gigs.

Did you create a new account? If you did, and if it was without the permission from Customer Support, your new account could get quickly disabled, too.

I don’t plan on using this for selling, Just want to post in this forum.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about that, but if you are selling something fiverr does not allow, ofcourse your account or gigs can get removed or suspend account.

But i think you will get money you earned after some period of wait.

let fiverr reply you, and you will get informed by email within 24 hours for sure…

If you want create new account before that you can mention that in email to the support team see what they will ask you about that…

we all sellers are earning and enjoy fiverr, but it does not mean we dont get warnings, i also got couple of times. but fiverr never accept outside payments or something mis use of fiverr…

Really disturbing why people don’t understand why writing and posting paid reviews is so wrong and unethical. Gigs like that hurt the experience for all Fiverr sellers and buyers and give us a bad name.

Read the terms of service before you do business. It would make zero sense for Fiverr to support such an unethical activity.

What I want to verify now is if the $248 will be refunded to the clients or I will have to request for it after 90 days ( The money is still pending verification and supposed to be available tomorrow)

What I want to verify now is if the $248 will be refunded to the clients or I will have to request for it after 90 days

I am not sure if you read this:

I am sorry, but since you earned the amount through a gig that was violating Fiverr’s ToS, I am afraid you may not be given access to the $248 that you earned. 😦

What I want to verify now is if the $248 will be refunded to the clients or I will have to request for it after 90 days ( The money is still pending verification and supposed to be available tomorrow)

What I want to verify now is if the $248 will be refunded to the clients or I will have to request for it after 90 days

If you robbed a bank and got caught by the police, would they give you the stolen money back after you’d been to jail? 😉

I am not sure if you read this:

I am sorry, but since you earned the amount through a gig that was violating Fiverr’s ToS, I am afraid you may not be given access to the $248 that you earned. 😦

So they will refund to clients or keep the money for themselves?

The purpose of your new account doesn’t matter. If it was created without permission, it will probably get banned soon.

Only CS can tell you whether they will give you that money or not. Since you “earned” it through a forbidden (and unethical) service, it’s unlikely. Nobody on the forum can predict for certain what CS will decide.

This is against the TOS and like @hanshuber16 said, I don’t think you will get money back as you earned that money violating the TOS.

writing and posting paid reviews? what is that exactly?? putting false reviews on fiverr??

but since you earned the amount through a gig that was violating Fiverr’s ToS

But does it say anywhere in the terms of service that gigs that are about paid-for reviews are not allowed?

Also, the message says

However, sellers are required to be aware of our Terms of Service, guidelines, and which services are not allowed on our platform"

…but does Fiverr keep a list anywhere of which services are not allowed on the platform? Apart from I think them deleting gigs related to this, has there been an official statement on the forum? If they don’t keep an up-to-date list anywhere (eg. linked to from the terms of service) shouldn’t they not disable accounts immediately? Maybe it could be against the some law if the paid-for reviews are misleading (eg. they don’t have the product) but if they’re not misleading and they mention the fact that it’s a paid-for review maybe it’s okay legally? And that’s assuming the seller doesn’t add the review to some site whose terms of service disallows it (and it would be against Fiverr TOS if they did something against another site’s TOS for a gig I think).

but since you earned the amount through a gig that was violating Fiverr’s ToS

But does it say anywhere in the terms of service that gigs that are about paid-for reviews are not allowed?

Also, the message says

However, sellers are required to be aware of our Terms of Service, guidelines, and which services are not allowed on our platform"

…but does Fiverr keep a list anywhere of which services are not allowed on the platform? Apart from I think them deleting gigs related to this, has there been an official statement on the forum? If they don’t keep an up-to-date list anywhere (eg. linked to from the terms of service) shouldn’t they not disable accounts immediately? Maybe it could be against the some law if the paid-for reviews are misleading (eg. they don’t have the product) but if they’re not misleading and they mention the fact that it’s a paid-for review maybe it’s okay legally? And that’s assuming the seller doesn’t add the review to some site whose terms of service disallows it (and it would be against Fiverr TOS if they did something against another site’s TOS for a gig I think).

Anything which breaks a third party’s ToS is seen as breaking Fiverr’s as well.

Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement, and violation of a third party’s terms of service

So if the gig were writing reviews for a third party website whose ToS didn’t allow paid reviews, the seller would be breaking Fiverr’s ToS even though individual websites aren’t named in Fiverr’s ToS.

We all know what happened with Fiverr and Amazon, but Amazon’s not explicitly mentioned in the ToS.

Anything which breaks a third party’s ToS is seen as breaking Fiverr’s as well.

Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement, and violation of a third party’s terms of service

So if the gig were writing reviews for a third party website whose ToS didn’t allow paid reviews, the seller would be breaking Fiverr’s ToS even though individual websites aren’t named in Fiverr’s ToS.

We all know what happened with Fiverr and Amazon, but Amazon’s not explicitly mentioned in the ToS.

I thought so that’s why I wrote “and it would be against Fiverr TOS if they did something against another site’s TOS for a gig I think”.

But we don’t know whether the OP had put Amazon in the gig title/description, or whether the reviews the OP wrote were for Amazon (eg. after purchase) or whether the OP knew where the eventual review would go. But Amazon was targeting fraudulent reviews, not just totally honest paid for reviews.

I thought so that’s why I wrote “and it would be against Fiverr TOS if they did something against another site’s TOS for a gig I think”.

But we don’t know whether the OP had put Amazon in the gig title/description, or whether the reviews the OP wrote were for Amazon (eg. after purchase) or whether the OP knew where the eventual review would go. But Amazon was targeting fraudulent reviews, not just totally honest paid for reviews.

Why would anyone pay a considerable amount of money for reviews which weren’t fraudulent?

Archived