Fiverr Community Forum

It Always Ends Like This

Looking at the buyer request, I have no idea why I sent the offer (it was a while back), but this is still kind of funny.
Crickets.

13 Likes

They think they’re so sneaky. (Sadly, I’m sure inexperienced Sellers will fall for it.)

8 Likes

That’s just sad.

Really sad.

4 Likes

Ah, the classic “please send me a sizeable free sample that is in no way the ENTIRE task I want completed” request!

Handled it perfectly!

-Oh, might want to follow it up by flagging the person so to nip any further contact in the bud, but they likely won’t be contacting you anyways since they now know you aren’t a pushover.

2 Likes

That might be a good idea! Maybe (likely not, but maybe) Customer Service will take a look and add a warning…

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I highly doubt they will receive a warning. Requesting samples in conversations doesn’t violate any rules, even if the samples are very likely the entire project they want completed.

It’s an absolute scummy practice that is utilized by “buyers” who intentionally play upon the over-eagerness, desperation, or ignorance of sellers.

Flag them for your own sake just to keep track of the dirtbag and block future communication with them, but I wouldn’t expect much more to be done.

4 Likes

I have experienced this and blocked them to avoid wasting my time further. But as I did not reply to their last message before blocking, it affected my response rate.

Does “flagging them up” here refer to reporting them to Customer Service?

2 Likes

Yes, when you report, it automatically goes to Customer Service.

2 Likes

3 - 2 - 1…altogether now… never give free samples!

So I’m guessing the conversation ended when you suggested a customer offer?

8 Likes

Yes, I expected that, but it was still pretty funny.

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

Save your tears for the unfortunate seller who provides this “buyer” the “sample” and never hears from them again.

-Oh wait, that’s a disappointed/relieved emoji with a big sweat drop. My proficiency in comprehending emojis needs work. Disregard!

4 Likes

“How about no?”
It’s less than 150 words!

5 Likes

Sounds very worrying

1 Like

Very sad :frowning: Really bad.

1 Like