It was a wise decision?

Hello,

Recently a buyer placed the order without contacting. He purchased the basic gig package. I discussed his problem and told him that his issues exceed the budget limit so he agreed to increase the price. But when i delivered his work he acted in a surprised way that his issues are not properly addressed. I clearly mention with screen shot all the problems are solved. But he was over reacting and putting pressure on me that only one issue is fixed and i paid you for more. Everything was fine but i don’t know why he was denying it. He was a new buyer so i was afraid that he might left a bad review as he don’t know how things work here.

I asked him to cancel the order if he isn’t satisfied. Although i gave him unlimited revisions. I prefer to give up on money rather than having a bad review. He immediately did that. It was right decision to cancel the order? What should i do in such situations? Any thoughts that will help me in future?

Honestly, I would try to understand what he exactly wanted. Maybe he explained in a way, but you understood in another way. It happens.

The right decision shall be to ask him what did he want exactly done and that you might have understood him wrong. It isn’t your fault as we sometimes do not understand each other in a way or another.

Just an opinion.

Honestly, I would try to understand what he exactly wanted. Maybe he explained in a way, but you understood in another way. It happens.

The right decision shall be to ask him what did he want exactly done and that you might have understood him wrong. It isn’t your fault as we sometimes do not understand each other in a way or another.

Just an opinion.

Yes, I tried to understand him. He send me some screen shots for problems and i resolve them. Sending back him the screen shots with issues resolved. Might be i missed some thing but his reactions were so odd like O MY GOD, you didn’t fix anything. I find them as screaming. Therefore, i give up on him.

Thank you for your opinion 🙂

Yes, I tried to understand him. He send me some screen shots for problems and i resolve them. Sending back him the screen shots with issues resolved. Might be i missed some thing but his reactions were so odd like O MY GOD, you didn’t fix anything. I find them as screaming. Therefore, i give up on him.

Thank you for your opinion 🙂

Hm, well lets say that I was a buyer and I said “This is not what I asked for”. Usually, the best solution is to say “Well, what is it that you actually wanted done? I must have misunderstood, much apologies” something like that, excuse my formality.

Fiverr tells us to find ways to solve these kinds of issues.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hm, well lets say that I was a buyer and I said “This is not what I asked for”. Usually, the best solution is to say “Well, what is it that you actually wanted done? I must have misunderstood, much apologies” something like that, excuse my formality.

Fiverr tells us to find ways to solve these kinds of issues.

Hope this helps 🙂

I already have met such clients and deal them like the way you suggest and that worked out. May be i was more concerned about rating this time and i didn’t give him more chance. Will work on this. I really appreciate your suggestion.

I already have met such clients and deal them like the way you suggest and that worked out. May be i was more concerned about rating this time and i didn’t give him more chance. Will work on this. I really appreciate your suggestion.

You did a great decision bcz money is temporary bad review is permanent

Get rid of unlimited revisions today. You don’t need to provide unlimited revisions. If you promise unlimited anything, eventually you’ll get taken advantage of by a client. Do you want to work with someone who still can’t explain exactly what they want after 15 revision requests? Do you believe you provide a service which may need to be corrected 15 times before getting it right? If not, why have unlimited revisions? It’s not as appealing to buyers as you may think - it will attract the wrong ones.

You want the difficult truth? Because of seller who offer or accept order cancellation and seller who offer unlimited revision Fiverr’s reputation is the way it is.
You are teaching this clients that they can get away with everything and he/she will do the same thing with other sellers too.
I think Fiverr should pay attention of who is getting into the platform, the entry barriers and not existing and the level is bad. Not much in terms of quality as in terms of services and professionalism. So, we as a seller can pretend professional behavior from your buyer if we are not professionals?

Get rid of unlimited revisions today. You don’t need to provide unlimited revisions. If you promise unlimited anything, eventually you’ll get taken advantage of by a client. Do you want to work with someone who still can’t explain exactly what they want after 15 revision requests? Do you believe you provide a service which may need to be corrected 15 times before getting it right? If not, why have unlimited revisions? It’s not as appealing to buyers as you may think - it will attract the wrong ones.

Unlimited revision and accepting to cancel an order is a sign of unprofessional behavior. High paying clients don’t want to be buyers on Fiverr because they can’t trust seller with all 5 start review. They know that most of the 5 star seller offer cancellation not to get a bad review. So, till Fiverr don’t address this issues it will remain the 5$ platform.

Unlimited revision and accepting to cancel an order is a sign of unprofessional behavior. High paying clients don’t want to be buyers on Fiverr because they can’t trust seller with all 5 start review. They know that most of the 5 star seller offer cancellation not to get a bad review. So, till Fiverr don’t address this issues it will remain the 5$ platform.

They know that most of the 5 star seller offer cancellation not to get a bad review.

This is basically the only recourse a seller has to protect their account, though. If I see that an order is going south, I’m going to offer a refund to the client. Only 1% of my orders ever get cancelled - that means that 99% of my clients are happy with my work. I’m happy with that.

They know that most of the 5 star seller offer cancellation not to get a bad review.

This is basically the only recourse a seller has to protect their account, though. If I see that an order is going south, I’m going to offer a refund to the client. Only 1% of my orders ever get cancelled - that means that 99% of my clients are happy with my work. I’m happy with that.

Professionals get paid for their time.

Hello,

Recently a buyer placed the order without contacting. He purchased the basic gig package. I discussed his problem and told him that his issues exceed the budget limit so he agreed to increase the price. But when i delivered his work he acted in a surprised way that his issues are not properly addressed. I clearly mention with screen shot all the problems are solved. But he was over reacting and putting pressure on me that only one issue is fixed and i paid you for more. Everything was fine but i don’t know why he was denying it. He was a new buyer so i was afraid that he might left a bad review as he don’t know how things work here.

I asked him to cancel the order if he isn’t satisfied. Although i gave him unlimited revisions. I prefer to give up on money rather than having a bad review. He immediately did that. It was right decision to cancel the order? What should i do in such situations? Any thoughts that will help me in future?

I prefer to give up on money rather than having a bad review.

And this is why fiverr begun to penalize sellers for cancellations… Was it a wise decision?? No… You could have created a video showing that everything was fixed.

I improved my gig after this and revise the packages too. I was trying to satisfy him as he was a new buyer on fiverr. But in the end i realize that he wouldn’t be happy so i cancelled this,

I prefer to give up on money rather than having a bad review.

And this is why fiverr begun to penalize sellers for cancellations… Was it a wise decision?? No… You could have created a video showing that everything was fixed.

You are right but what about the rating. Even CS couldn’t help with a bad review and that remain on your profile forever.

You are right but what about the rating. Even CS couldn’t help with a bad review and that remain on your profile forever.

A bad rating isn’t nice, and stings a lot more when you’re a new seller trying to get your foot in the door - but keep in mind that it’s a choice you alone have to make as a seller. Check in with yourself and your gig descriptions regularly to make sure everything is crystal clear for your buyers and make sure you’re delivering what you promise. If that’s the case there should be few occasions requiring a cancellation.

Cs won’t help with a bad rating, the same way they won’t help with the rating drop after you cancel an order. Take the money accept the negative review. Advertise your gig, get more orders the negative review will be consumed the positive ones

Hello,

I asked him to cancel the order if he isn’t satisfied. Although i gave him unlimited revisions.

Never, ever do either of those things. Both attract buyers who act like this and repel buyers who would never do that.

Don’t exploit yourself to try to prevent bad reviews. Every successful business in the world has bad reviews. Yet they continue to be successful.

You did the work. You need to be paid.

No business became or remained successful by exploiting itself.

I asked him to cancel the order if he isn’t satisfied. Although i gave him unlimited revisions.

Never, ever do either of those things. Both attract buyers who act like this and repel buyers who would never do that.

Don’t exploit yourself to try to prevent bad reviews. Every successful business in the world has bad reviews. Yet they continue to be successful.

You did the work. You need to be paid.

No business became or remained successful by exploiting itself.

Thank you for your advise. I will follow this.

• 6 months later...

Archived