It's 11 degrees this morning. Back to 55 on Monday!

voiceoverwork

As it stands, we’re at 18 right now. Today, we’re supposed to have a high of 33 for NE Arkansas… Monday, we’re supposed to have a high of 12 with a low of 7 with predicted wind chills of below 0… And, on Saturday night, Sunday morning, we’re supposed to have snow.

To be honest, I am sick of winter! I’m ready for some warm weather… At this rate, I say just one thing… bring on the sneezing, warm weather of Spring please! 😃

Here’s our headlines:

Chicago Weather: Wind chill warning, CPS closed Monday, snow emergency in NW Indiana

January 5, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) – The entire Chicago area is under a wind chill warning Monday after temperatures plunged into dangerous cold the night before. A state of emergency was declared in Northwest Indiana, with only emergency vehicles allowed on area roads until further notice – due to low visibility and major snow accumulations in Lake County.

Lake County, Indiana officials declared a state of emergency at 4:30 p.m. Chicago time, allowing only emergency vehicles to be on the road "until further notice."

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence has closed state offices for Monday and called in additional Indiana National Guard members to help stranded motorists. A winter storm warning is in effect with blizzard-like conditions in Indiana through midnight Monday for Benton, Jasper, Lake, Newton and Porter counties in Ind.

The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced the emergency closure of I-94 between the Illinois state line and the U.S. 421 exit (Michigan City). Also, I-65 is closed between U.S. 12/20 (Gary) and mile marker 172 (Lafayette).

South Shore train service has also been canceled for Monday, and busing between South Bend and Michigan City also canceled.

“Those are the areas that have seen the hardest snow,” ABC7 Eyewitness News Meteorologist Phil Schwarz said.

In Illinois, a winter storm warning expired at 6 p.m. But what follows could be worse- dangerous cold. Schools canceled classes and some businesses told employees to work from home on Monday in anticipation of subarctic cold. Schwarz said the plummeting temperatures could bring the coldest weather Chicagoans have seen in decades.

“This could be historically cold,” Schwarz said.

The transition into a deep freeze starts Sunday evening. Temperatures could drop to 15 to 20 degrees below zero. A wind chill warning went into effect at 6 p.m. Sunday and lasts through 12 p.m. Tuesday for Lake, Lee, DeKalb, Kane, DuPage, Cook, La Salle, Kendall, Grundy and Will counties in Illinois. In Indiana, a Wind Chill Warning remains in effect for Benton, Jasper, Lake, Newton, and Porter counties. In Wisconsin, Kenosha and Racine counties are also under a Wind Chill Advisory.

Municipalities around Cook County have opened warming centers for area residents that need to get in from the extreme cold.

ETC.

Archived