It's not spam! YES it is!

misscrystal

I had another seller send me a spam message this morning telling me that he would do a free drawing of me to get a review.

I told him to stop sending spam and he responded that it was not spam!

I don’t know how he thought it wasn’t spam. Also I assume he found me on the forum, and decided to target me for his message. So I want to say that any message that is not related to what I sell or is not a response to a question to you is spam.

Also you won’t get a review if you give away your service. Nor can you manipulate reviews by getting one and then giving a refund since this can lead to an account ban.

I was going to say something, but when I re-read the “do a free drawing of me to get a review” part, my mind literally froze and I couldn’t write a thing anymore, so I wrote this instead 👀

It’s mind boggling, to say the least!

On a second thought, maybe they thought of you buying their gig, and on top of that they’d also give you a free drawing :thinking: Neah, still doesn’t make enough sense.

I had another seller send me a spam message this morning telling me that he would do a free drawing of me to get a review.

I don’t know how he thought it wasn’t spam. Also I assume he found me on the forum, and decided to target me for his message. So I want to say that any message that is not related to what I sell or is not a response to a question to you is spam.

Also you won’t get a review if you give away your service. Nor can you manipulate reviews by getting one and then giving a refund since this can lead to an account ban.

A lot of people seem to think that sending just one message can’t possibly be spam.

I think they believe denying that it’s spam will convince you that it isn’t.

I always respond just for the sake of my Response Rate (and then I report them). This is one from just a few days ago…

I don’t understand either why they always say it’s not spam unless they are from an area of the world where a lie is the same as the truth. They know it’s spam but it’s perfectly normal to lie about everything and makes anything ok.

I have a feeling it’s a disconnect that is the result of the other seller. Many people, especially those in which English is not a strong suit for them, think that spamming is a legitimate way to get sales. Many would not have read the ToS.

Here is an example of someone I had, who “didn’t mean to spam” but literally meant to offer me her services unsolicited.

1007887401_spam2.thumb.png.31f8e19dc824d11a1bbc273695326075.png

Maybe they have no idea what the meaning of the word is. Based on this definition it is not too clear and I disagree somewhat with this definition, as it does not have to be sent to a large number of people, and it’s intent is to try to get sales;

spam
spam/Submit
noun
irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.
trademark
a canned meat product made mainly from ham.
verb
send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

Maybe they have no idea what the meaning of the word is. Based on this definition it is not too clear and I disagree somewhat with this definition, as it does not have to be sent to a large number of people, and it’s intent is to try to get sales;

spam

spam/Submit

noun

irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.

trademark

verb

send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

The worst kind of spam

I always respond just for the sake of my Response Rate (and then I report them). This is one from just a few days ago…

In just that one little sentence it is pretty darn clear that she ( if she really IS a she, that is…) shouldn’t be offering writing gigs…and the “dear,” that’s another nope.

So this person thinks that if they are new on Fiverr and send messages like that it is not

considered spam???

Oh dear.

Biggest pet peeve on Fiverr that really chaps my 🍑 is reading yucky spam from desperate sellers.
I don’t eat that sh!t and I don’t want to deal with it online or off.

Case in point. 🔻Then the seller had the audacity to follow up with a “hello?”.

YUCKYSPAM.thumb.png.a21d39da576522eb5a4f4c116f48ca0b.png

No, Fudge you and stay the hell out of my inbox. 🤨

Archived