I’s be a tough flaming week. It’s been so tough that I feel like swearing like a sailor, before glugging a beer and going on an Hunter S. Thompson rampage of insobriety around town for the next few days.
Thankfully, it is over! With one minute to go on the countdown timer, I just delivered my last article about life coaching for CFOs! Now I have one, possibly two days of zero orders to do and I feel like I have won some kind of time tombola. The problem is, I can’t think of what to do.
There are lots of things I should do. There is a dirt-cheap apartment up the road from me that has just come available. If I could bag it, I’d be able to save $150 a month on rent. However, I need to do some investigating first.
The landlord is a remarkably youthful 70+ Maltese guy who has invited me to look at his apartments in the past. I didn’t, though, as he made a pretty overt pass at me by inviting me for dinner while reassuring me that his wife would be fine with it.
Naturally, I declined the invitation and decided it would be best not to rent an apartment from an old man who wants to sleep with me. However, there is a single guy living in the building now, as well as a couple I know, one of whom is a freelance sports writer!
Probably, I’d hate having a neighbor who is a fellow freelance writer. However, it would be nice to have normal neighbors. My present neighbor keeps putting a sign in the window saying “WOMEN WANTED” when he’s been drinking and my neighbor upstairs is a very well known drug dealer.
As well as asking about the aforementioned apartment, I also need to clean my present apartment. I’ve been busy non-stop since Christmas and when you open my front door, it feels like you are walking into an apartment that has just been ransacked by a pack of wild animals.
The thing is, I don’t want to spend my first free day off in ages cleaning. I’ve also got other things I should be doing like:
- Installing a new OS on my laptop and doing general tech maintenance by backing up work and doing some upgrades.
- Finally learning how to use some new video software i bought for Chistmas.
- Doing something with my website to make it not look like a very non-committed attempt at a blog.
- Editing and formatting a FINISHED short story I plan to giveaway for free as a lead magnet for a potentoial creative witing gig.
- Writing a few articles for Medium.
- Finally sit down with Chico and decide if we stay or go from Malta before the end of the Brexit transition period.
Or I could do none of the above and if it’s sunny, see if my very non-committed girlfriend wants to catch for the first time since new year and join me on a day of complete Hunter S. Thompson debauchery. This is always very expensive and destructive, but it would be nice to spend a day just being a drunk tourist by the beach.
So, what should I do?
- Go House/Apartment Hunting
- Clean my Apartment
- Do lots of Nerdy Tech Stuff
- Go Full Hunter S. Thompson for a Day
My fate for the next 24-hours is in your hands.