I've got $250 Order but Buyer is very Picky, What to do?

logo_identity

Cancellations have a small effect compared to negative ratings. However, at some point those $250 are worth nothing. If it takes you 100 hours to make $250, then you’re making $2.5 an hour, that’s not worth it.

I think you would have been better off with a $5, $20, or $50 order. Remember, the more they pay, the more they expect.

For an order of that sum to go wrong, one thing is clear - there was lack of communication between the buyer and seller.
If you feel it was the buyer’s mistake, and if you’ve done $250 worth of your time to get the delivery perfect for them, you don’t have to send a refund. A negative review that you don’t deserve will be removed by Fiverr’s Customer Support on request.
However, if you feel it was lack of communication on your part - then you do owe the buyer a refund.
Curious to know what the order was about, as I design custom logos as well. If you haven’t cancelled yet and would still like to make another attempt at pleasing the buyer, feel free to contact me with the order requirements - I’d love to help (free of charge) to help you avoid a refund.

I like your video and I’m surprised that you are a real girl, as most sellers from Pakistan are boys with a girl’s image as profile image.

But however, I drift off…

The big problem is that you offer unlimited revisions. I don’t know it the results you send to the buyer are watermarked. I hope they are, otherwise it can happen that he uses your material anyway after a cancellation.

If you feel that it’s not possible to satisfy the buyer, you could go for a mutual cancellation. This way he will not be able to leave a negative feedback.

I see that other logo-designers from Fiverr are buying your gigs. So you must do something right.

You can deliver the work and let the buyer know that if he can’t give you 5-stars, you’ll refund his order. Of course, he might ignore you and give you 3-stars.

Or, you can attach something and press “send,” before you use the deliver button. Ask your buyer if he likes your work and then if he does, click “deliver” and just write something like: “Thank you” or whatever. Of course, to do this you need to make sure your order isn’t due in less than 24 hours. Otherwise you might end up being late and suffer a force cancellation.

I suggest you spend some time on the Fiverr Academy, they explain things well then.

Good luck.

I disagree with a lot of the previous comments. I try to stay away from being blunt and saying things like “If you’re not going to give me 5 stars, I’ll give you a refund”. This just illustrates a lack of faith in your quality of work. Rather, you should say something on the lines of: “If you are fully satisfied with the service provided, I would appreciate a positive review. If not, I am more than happy to answer any questions or concerns that you have!”. As a customer, even if I was completely satisfied, I would be a little annoyed that someone asks for 5 stars. Every now and then when I make orders on fiverr, if a seller ask I don’t get annoyed, but that is only because I am a seller myself and see their point of view. Not every buyer may see it that way though. You should show faith in your quality, but still show a willingness to make corrections. This can prevent a customer from being rash and giving you a negative review. Best of luck. Cheers.

I’ve ordered design services and paid much less than $250 and been picky. I worked with the designer closely and had him continue to modify the design until it looked the way I wanted it. Welcome to being a professional designer. That buyer has a right to be picky especially since you offer unlimited revisions.

I can’t tell if they are really unreasonable as picky is not specific. But buyers of design services can have a right to be picky and how else can they get the design they want?

Please describe what you mean by picky. If you mean they are being difficult, or hard to work with and you get the feeling they are not happy then cancel it.

He should be able for that price to get at least 6 changes made.

They should be smaller changes in keeping with his original request. If he still can’t be happy after that you can refund his money.

Also:

I do not think it is professional unless you are a belly dancer to show all that. You may find that by projecting an unprofessional image you get more difficult buyers.

If you did the work, you deserve to get paid. You won’t be given those hours spent back.

-Extra work = extra pay.
-Don’t run from negative reviews.

Of course, just starting out, it’s a good idea to build up a good 5 star base first, but never forfeit your pay just because you’re afraid of getting a 2 star review. It’s just bad form, and not the mark of a true professional. Counter their bad review with a strategic explanation of their unrealistic expectations.

Amateurs work for free, not pros.

Your designs are all very unique and not like many high volume sellers there that use pre-made logos and simply tweaking a bit.
Back to your question, maybe you can send the client a friendly message regarding the order to close with fund return back, and telling him maybe you are not suitable for this project.
Sometimes it will be better to end this kind of picky buyer’s order even cost you a bit of time and money.
But firmly tell them they cannot use any of the designs you create during this period not even a simple tweak.

The problem is you stated unlimited revisions but didn’t make it clear how long the grace period was, in other words, you should set an expiration date on the offer. Its like when you go to a buffet, you go in, pay one price and then you eat as much as you want, pretty much unlimited, but at the end of the day when they close, you can’t come back and eat again.

Yes there are some client never satisfy and also never understand anything and really i have many experience that type of client.

when i face difficult project and when i face picky client i am trying to be nice more than other project and it will help me complete project without refund.

i am normally provide unlimited revisions for webdesgn projects so refund is my last solution because it will loos my time and money both.

Archived