I've updated my Gig, is it good enough?

dawidu156

Hello, I’ve noticed that despite me constantly being active on Fiverr and trying to make my Gig as catchy as possible, I haven’t got any requests. I’ve assumed it’s because of my bad description, that had almost nothing in common with the actual Gig.

So my question is my Gig description good enough now? And if not, what can I improve further in the description?

Here is the link to my Gig:
https://www.fiverr.com/dawidu156/translate-polish-to-english-and-vice-versa

You need to correct this typo: [Contact me pirvatley]

Attention to detail is very important. Make sure to check everything again for errors as mistakes will put buyers off.

Also, suggest you upload a profile photo or logo.

Thank you, I have corrected the typo, also I’ll upload a photo profile as soon as I can.

I’m on Fiverr for almost a week now, but I still haven’t gotten any orders. I tried changing description, name, thumbnails, lowered prices, and even offered a free sample, but I still haven’t received any orders. Could you give me any advice on how to get more orders? Maybe it just needs time, or something else I need help with?

Gig link:

You need to correct this typo: [Contact me pirvately] (copied from your gig description).

On 11/30/2018 at 2:53 PM, dawidu156 said:

I’m on Fiverr for almost a week now, but I still haven’t gotten any orders.

Some sellers wait months to get their first order!

Check out: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers for hundreds of tips on how to get orders.

I’m on Fiverr for almost a week now, but I still haven’t gotten any orders. I tried changing description, name, thumbnails, lowered prices, and even offered a free sample, but I still haven’t received any orders. Could you give me any advice on how to get more orders? Maybe it just needs time, or something else I need help with?

Gig link:

Could you give me any advice on how to get more orders?

The best way to get orders is for you to reach out to your target customers, and convince them to hire you. YOU are responsible for your own orders, and you can improve this by taking the time to market and promote your services to the people who need them.

Gig link:

Maybe it just needs time, or something else I need help with?

Have you looked at your competition?

Have you done any market research?

Let me help you with that

• You’re mainly focusing on English to Polish translation
  • There are 168 gigs offering EN > PL translation which means you don’t have much competition.
  • However, the top selling gig has received only 457 reviews in 1 year so this means there isn’t much market for it. And this of course means you might wait months before you get your first order unless you have a decent sales strategy.

In a nutshell, there’s very little demand for EN->PL translation, but considering that there aren’t too many sellers either you might have a chance to get a few orders every now and then.

So what’s your competitive edge

• You’re offering 500 words for $5 as your basic gig which is matching your competitors with hundreds of reviews. So unfortunately your price won’t give you the edge.
  • You’re 15y old without any professional experience and 0 reviews. It’s unlikely that a business will hire you to translate official documents and similar work.
  • You don’t have any samples in your portfolio.
  • You’re offering 24h delivery, but so does your competition.

So, at the moment you don’t have any reviews nor experience and you’re offering the same thing that your experienced competitors are offering.

Now, what can you do?

• Lower your price by offering more words.
  • Remove your age. What do you think how many businesses would hire a child to translate their documents, press releases, blog posts etc?
  • Add some samples to your portfolio
  • In long term you might wish to get some certificates to prove your language level

It took me about 10 minutes to do this, so I would strongly recommend you to do your own research and spend a bit more time on it 😉

Maybe it just needs time, or something else I need help with?

Have you looked at your competition?

Have you done any market research?

Let me help you with that

• You’re mainly focusing on English to Polish translation
  • There are 168 gigs offering EN > PL translation which means you don’t have much competition.
  • However, the top selling gig has received only 457 reviews in 1 year so this means there isn’t much market for it. And this of course means you might wait months before you get your first order unless you have a decent sales strategy.

In a nutshell, there’s very little demand for EN->PL translation, but considering that there aren’t too many sellers either you might have a chance to get a few orders every now and then.

So what’s your competitive edge

• You’re offering 500 words for $5 as your basic gig which is matching your competitors with hundreds of reviews. So unfortunately your price won’t give you the edge.
  • You’re 15y old without any professional experience and 0 reviews. It’s unlikely that a business will hire you to translate official documents and similar work.
  • You don’t have any samples in your portfolio.
  • You’re offering 24h delivery, but so does your competition.

So, at the moment you don’t have any reviews nor experience and you’re offering the same thing that your experienced competitors are offering.

Now, what can you do?

• Lower your price by offering more words.
  • Remove your age. What do you think how many businesses would hire a child to translate their documents, press releases, blog posts etc?
  • Add some samples to your portfolio
  • In long term you might wish to get some certificates to prove your language level

It took me about 10 minutes to do this, so I would strongly recommend you to do your own research and spend a bit more time on it 😉

I really appricate your help, I will apply by your advices, and do as you propose. Thank you for spending your time to help with my problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that many of Fiverr’s sellers are discouraged by the fact of no or small amounts of orders, to those that are on the brink of giving up or questioning their further activity on Fiverr, well I have experienced a similar period of total dismotivation to Fiverr, until 2 weeks and a day after I have signed up on Fiverr, I got my first order. Other started to follow soon, in total I got 4 orders in the last week, and I expect them to be still coming. So remember, that patience and time, is the most important factor!

Archived