Fiverr Community Forum

Jeez people need to lighten up on this forum

Ok, I need to vent a little bit.

I want to start by saying that I totally get it, there are a LOT of people on this website trying to spam others or do illegal things or blatantly break the rules. And I imagine dealing with that on a regular basis would get very annoying, very quickly. But for goodness sake I see such BLUNT and borderline MEAN comments to people it’s just crazy. Even from moderators. For goodness sake, I’m just trying to be a good Fiverr seller and am in no way trying to break any rules or get away with anything nefarious. If I’m doing something wrong just gently let me know not to do it. And I’ll learn my lesson! But immediately, almost instinctively, there are just so many people on here that will jump down someone’s throat.

I know, I know, I need to pull myself up by the boot straps and get over a few words of text on a computer screen… Just sayin’, a little bit more gentleness from everyone would go a long way.

Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

You haven’t even seen a really good one yet. Stick around. :rofl:

3 Likes

Haha oh but I don’t want to!

I’ll cherish the day (but it’ll never come) when I read through topics and see people being told “Hey just to let you know, this isn’t allowed. Enjoy the rest of your day!”

like as many statuses as you can, comment in as many threads as you can.

This is called spam and I suspected that was what you were doing but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. In future I will flag the posts of yours which I believe are worthless spam. If it happens enough you will get suspended. :slight_smile:

I added a smiley face this time; better?

4 Likes

I truly do apologize. I will not promote that any longer and I am genuinely interested in just reading what the other people of Fiverr are doing on a day to day basis as well as participating in the discussions. Thanks for the smiley face!

There was this one guy who were mean to everybody… Now that you mention I don’t see him in the forum anymore xD

1 Like

I hate to break it to you, but what you’re seeing is an improvement over how this forum used to be…

It’s called tough love. :stuck_out_tongue: The purpose is to show rule breakers, spammers, and dishonest folks that their behavior isn’t welcome, and that they won’t get a hug and/or a shoulder to cry on after breaking the rules.

7 Likes

Wow really? What is it like? Were people allowed to get away with anything? I really appreciate moderators and what they do! As well as those who take an active role in spreading the Do’s and Dont’s!

No worries, the forum rules and guidelines will help with getting used to how things are to be done here.
Believe me, people don’t need any encouragement to spam and it takes quite a bit of time to deal with the definite spam but the “not definite spam” is more of a pain as I need to check a whole topic for context, weigh it up against their usual posting habits etc - it all takes time I would prefer to use posting smilies around the place.

I have been told I need to work on my emoji game so perhaps I should include a smiley on every post to soften things up.
One of the other mods has been giving me lessons on effective gif-age which I am working on, mind if I try one out on you?

8 Likes

@chrispoirier Just play by the rules, and you should be fine. :pineapple:

Or

They’ll huff and puff, and blow your :house: down. :stuck_out_tongue:

:wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:

8 Likes

I’m curious about this big bad :wolf:. :thinking:

Darn so many of them lol.

1 Like

@eoinfinnegan

Happy Anniversary!

3 Likes

It was like…

3 Likes

:joy: Thank you so much. I really appreciate what you guys do. And I DO NOT intend on adding to the work load.

Hahaha I love the gif-age you’re using. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I don’t want to get into details, but let’s just say, after posting on the forum, I’d go queue up for a DOTA 2 match so I could interact with nicer people.

1 Like

:joy::joy: I think you know who he is… it starts with R…:speak_no_evil:

1 Like

That’s not very nice - I always try to be friendly! :slightly_smiling_face::sunny::unamused:

5 Likes

Ugh! I remember now. :rofl:
He must be lost in the forest trying to find his way home. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

And I think he will be lost for 1000 years. :laughing: