Fiverr Community Forum

Job posts with only 1 pic

I am trying to post a job offer, and Fiverr posts it with only one of the 4 photos. And so far, nobody has made offer. Is it shadow-banned? Who knows? Their “help” system seems to think I posted an ad, not a job. How can anyone make an offer to take a job if they are not allowed to see what the job is?

12 Likes

Your complaint should be directed to Fiverr CS.

We are just Sellers here on the Forum.

6 Likes

Buyers also have problems and post on the forum

What is “CS”?

I already submitted help request. Fiverr’s answer indicated that they (or their bot) thought I was trying to hijack their website to advertise myself.

1 Like

CS = Customer Service.

1 Like

Curiosity: What was your brief? If you share that, we might be able to help point out why it was flagged as possible spam.

1 Like

This is on my dashboard, under “Buying - Manage Requests”

“Format English and Chinese text file. Convert .ODT to .DOCX The ODT file is okay, but the DOCX file is not lined up properly. DOCX, ODT, formatting, Chinese Mandarin, traditional characters, English, Pinyin.”

Fiverr’s message to me about my first job post:

"There was a problem with your recent request
Hi lindseyreed,
We’d like to inform you that your request for the service “Chinese and English text formatting…” did not pass our review. Using this feature to promote your services is not allowed, and can result in your account being restricted."

So far no other reply to my questions to CS.

And no queries/response to this my job post, so I assume it’s shadow-banned. The 1st and 2nd job posts are identical. The first one has vanished, of course.

This difficult to post a 1-page, 30-minute, $25 job, what would it be like for a complete copy-edit of a 400-page book?

It used to be easy to post a job here, now it is not. And the worst thing is, there is no communication from Fiverr, and so no resolution to their own created problem. They are wasting me and thee’s time with false accusations, now they don’t want to talk about it.

Nothing more despicable than to stifle another human being’s ability to communicate.

3 Likes

“What was your brief?”

I’ve been looking at that, with puzzled expression…now I got it!

You meant “beef” right? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The MAX-bot sent me this:

"I completely understand how you feel regarding this. I will gladly assist you!

What kind of services are you looking for here on Fiverr? I would love to assist you in locating the perfect service that you need.

Awaiting your response."

LOL! I like the part where the Max-bot says “I completely understand.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wasted half a day here, trying to post a simple job.

Never again.

Instead of wasting half-a-day here trying to untangle the Fiverr bot-mess, and being blocked in my ability to hire someone, I could have figured out my formatting issue by myself in a couple of hours.

1 Like

I posted another job, it was “unapproved” quickly.

No explanation.

Also, no explanation for why my messages to offer job to other members go unanswered. Obviously, they are censoring my messages

Guess they don’t like the way I talk.

They will delete these messages next.

What the H happened to fiverr? They used to be friendly place.

Difficult for me to get used to their new “hostile normal.”

Actually, no.

Concerning the job post, did you include the file(s)? It’s possible that if you attached the files to the Request, those are what triggered it. (There is a file-size limit. Or the file is corrupted?)

Concerning your newest Request, I cannot say.

3 Likes

Just to clarify, are you trying to post on Buyers Request correct? Are you posting a job offer to hire someone or are you trying to offer your own gigs? Sorry it was not clear to me and I want to try to help you.

1 Like

Files are not corrupted, file size is less than 1 MB. They don’t tell me what the problem is, I am supposed to guess it. Maybe because I tried to put in 4 files in the job request. Fiverr deleted the other three. The job isn’t clear from just one pic. Am I misusing the word “job”?

I have never heard “brief” used as a noun, in that context. It is usually adjective. “Be brief, don’t bore the audience.” The noun, it is generally “briefing.” “We attended the briefing.” And be careful with “briefs” it is slang for underwear. Verb, yes, okay - “She briefed the staff…We were debriefed.”

I did directly contact members about my two jobs, they both accepted to do the work.

So for some reason, they are shadow-banning my requests

I am writer, who has problem with formatting, and i am unable to solve it quickly. I wish to pay someone to fix the problem for me. Here is my request:

“Format English and Chinese text file. Convert .ODT to .DOCX The ODT file is okay, but the DOCX file is not lined up properly. DOCX, ODT, formatting, Chinese Mandarin, traditional characters, English, Pinyin.”

On the Dashboard, under “Buying” and then on “Manage Requests” and they are falling into “Unapproved” category.

Then Fiverr sends me email message:

There was a problem with your recent request

Hi lindseyreed,

We’d like to inform you that your request for the service “Chinese and English text formatting…” did not pass our review.

Using this feature to promote your services is not allowed, and can result in your account being restricted.

For more information, please read our Terms of Service.

Thanks,
The Fiverr Team

To make it perfectly clear, I am NOT trying to promote my services. I do not have any services to offer, nor do I wish to.

3 Likes

After further thought, I think I can see why the request might have been flagged.

. fiverr.com/support/articles/360050062693-Tips-to-submit-an-effective-Buyer-Request?segment=buyer

The above suggests:

Now, if your request is read in full, a reader can tell it is indeed a request. If, however, you only look at the first line:

That, to me, sounds like an ad.

So, I guess, start off with one of those suggested ‘seeking help’ phrases the Help Center suggests?

6 Likes

I love you hahhahahaha :heart:

1 Like

No offence, I think you are just confused by the website and its wording. If you are not a seller (and from your messages I understand you aren’t), you should not use this forum, especially not for matters like these. This is a pure CS matter, and the forum is really meant for Sellers and Fiverr Staff only - EDIT: technically buyers are allowed here, although I personally do not see why they would use it.

Not true. Buyers are very welcome on this forum. Some people who post here are only buyers and are very respected members of the forum.

This might be a matter for CS, but that does not mean that a buyer cannot post here.

8 Likes

Kindy: please cite your source.

4 Likes