Fiverr Forum

JohnDoe Replied on Your Dispute

Here’s an e-mail I hate to get from Fiverr:

Attention
JohnDoe Replied on Your Dispute
REVIEW ORDER
Dear fastcopywriter,
johndoe replied on your dispute for order #F0000000.
To review, click here

Really? What happened to JohnDoe agreed to cancel your order? Why must I click to find out what happened?

Haven’t seen that one, but I hate the similar one that tells you a modification request has been made by xyz, now click here to find out more.

Why can’t it tell me what the request says in the email? It’s minor, but I never know if it’s

a) YOU SUCK AND YOUR WORK IS POOP
b) “I have a question”/"great, now can we also do/add on another [thing]/variants on the theme which are not modifications
c) "this is pretty good, but I’m not a huge fan of the word “bloopers”–I think "bleepers would work better. What do you think?

It’s like rubbish Russian roulette, only you’re in an asylum or something.

Agree, so many times

I have to get myself mentally prepared to check and see what the heck the buyer wants now, even if 99% of the time it’s not a bad thing that they want. For some reason the partial email gets my heckles up.

It is a fairly common (and annoying) method, used by many websites, to ensure you have to visit the website instead of getting the message through email. For the website, this ensures more visits, more pageviews etc. Unfortunately you can expect this kind of thing to be adopted by more and more sites in the coming years, rather than less.

@eoinfinnegan But why do they do it for modification requests, too? We have to go to the website to deliver modified work anyway, so what’s the point?

More time on site, more visits. Boosts their stats for investors and many (myself included) would say it boosts search engine rankings.
Edit: This potentially doubles visits. One visit to check the message and then another visit to deliver the modified work.

sigh

All right, I get it. But it’s still annoying.

In addition to what @eoinfinnegan said. The purposeful omission of content has several reasons behind it.

First it it to ensure that you do not ignore the message and thus forces you to actually go into the order.

Secondly, it has to do with Privacy policy. If you worked at corporate companies, you would often notice at the bottom of every email there’s a strict privacy notice where it tells that the message is intended for the original recipient only.

Since the business here is personal, in the event your email gets hacked, Fiverr will not be at fault of distribution of personal information.

And so on and and son…

If it was all about privacy, we wouldn’t get e-mails telling us that so and so placed a $20 order or whatever.

Besides, when Yahoo e-mail got hacked, all I had to do was change the password, millions did in fact. Do companies get sued when they get hacked? I’m not sure.

A complete possibility with enough proof of harm done, and especially if it’s Class Action.