Fiverr Community Forum

Just Became a Level 1 Seller! Tips for New Sellers

Hello everyone,

I completed level 1 requirements about a month ago, and just became a level 1 seller. I’d like to share my experience with the new sellers.

I joined fiverr in 2019 summer. I waited for a month, but couldn’t get any orders. So I gave up and froze my account. Then this summer, I decided to try again. This time, I started sending buyer requests, and got my first order. My first buyer was a 1.7m subscribed youtuber, which suprised and made me happy at the same time. I kept sending buyer requests, and I have 55 completed orders so far.

Tips for New Sellers:

• Send buyer requests as much as possible

The biggest difference from last year for me was buyer requests. I got more than half of my buyers from buyer requests, and it is definitely the most efficient way to get orders.

• Keep your prices low for the start

Since there are thousands of sellers on fiverr, people probably wouldn’t want to pay a non-rated seller a big amount. If you keep your prices low, buyers might send you tips. (but you shouldn’t expect it anyways) There was even a time where I got a 25$ tip for a 5$ order.

• Stay online

Fiverr has a feature that you can choose to see only the online sellers. This means being online puts you in a circle which has lower amount of sellers, and it undoubtly increases your chances of getting order.

• Make sure buyer is satisfied with your work

I always ask my buyers if there’s anything they’d like to change in my work. Since they pay for it, I try to do my best to make sure the work is worth their money. There might be times where buyers want to abuse your goodwill, so you should always be careful and know where to stop.

• Be patient

There is still a chance that you might never get orders. Be patient as much as possible, and keep doing your best.

That’s what I think helps the most. I hope this was helpful for you. You can ask me any questions in the comments. Good luck and have a good day everyone :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Hey, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your story is very interesting and inspiring. Great to see you started again and didn’t totally give up! Just a quick question, 'cause I was also wondering about it a while ago… how did you “freeze” your account?

Anyway, I agree with every point and with the reason for each. I too, started by responding to buyer requests. As new sellers, that’s almost the only way to get orders. As time passes by and as your level and number of buyer increases, you will then receive orders without having to rely on that section.

Keep it up and wish you all the best! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: In settings menu, you can choose to deactive your account. I think that was what I did back then

Thanks for your advice .Its really helpful to me

1 Like

Thank you so much for your nice and valuable experience, it’s may help for new seller stands. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

i still didn’t get any order how can i do please suggest me.

Thanks for sharing Very helpful

Just inspired me to send buyer request.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your inspiring experience…:blush::blush::blush:

Thanks for sharing Awesome Information for new sellers