Just cheated by a seller what shall I do now (Solved)

lijayk2008

I’m working hard to find a good designer for my new store, but failed(The seller delayed my project, and did nothing in the end), so I decide to buy the theme and work out my own. After hours compare I found a theme looks nice, but it costs high $350, so I search the keyword here finds related service and that spam seller.

He sells service, but I ask for $70 to provide the install package here. He accepted but after payment done(Via Paypal directly), he disappeared with no further reply. I kept pushing asking him with refund, then he replied told he is in the class, so I wait. another hour passed, I asked again, he sent empty file.

Then I ask him to resend, he disappeared again, it’s another 1 hour with no reply. By that time, I decide and go with the official theme there, and leave msg told him not resend the file but only refund money. Then he comes back, said"I will send it now" , I already go with the official why should I buy with him at the same time?! But he send again the files and ask me buy his , refund the official version.And complain I’m wasting his time!!!

What should I do now?

It’s against Fiverr’s TOS to pay sellers via PP. That was your biggest mistake. I do believe you can ask for a refund through PP as services not rendered and they’ll investigate the issue. However, as for Fiverr’s end of a refund, the only thing you can do is inform CS of the issue but don’t be surprised if they close the seller’s and your account (though I could be wrong about yours). Since the payment wasn’t done through Fiverr, they can’t issue a refund on your behalf.

I’m working hard to find a good designer for my new store, but failed(The seller delayed my project, and did nothing in the end), so I decide to buy the theme and work out my own. After hours compare I found a theme looks nice, but it costs high $350, so I search the keyword here finds related service and that spam seller.

He sells service, but I ask for $70 to provide the install package here. He accepted but after payment done(Via Paypal directly), he disappeared with no further reply. I kept pushing asking him with refund, then he replied told he is in the class, so I wait. another hour passed, I asked again, he sent empty file.

Then I ask him to resend, he disappeared again, it’s another 1 hour with no reply. By that time, I decide and go with the official theme there, and leave msg told him not resend the file but only refund money. Then he comes back, said"I will send it now" , I already go with the official why should I buy with him at the same time?! But he send again the files and ask me buy his , refund the official version.And complain I’m wasting his time!!!

What should I do now?

He accepted but after payment done(Via Paypal directly),

All payments must be done through Fiverr. Paying (or accepting payments) outside of Fiverr is a Terms of Service violation, and Fiverr offers no guarantees in such a case.

He accepted but after payment done(Via Paypal directly),

All payments must be done through Fiverr. Paying (or accepting payments) outside of Fiverr is a Terms of Service violation, and Fiverr offers no guarantees in such a case.

I always pay thru Fiverr, and it’s the 1st time and ONLY time I accept other ways here.

I always pay thru Fiverr, and it’s the 1st time and ONLY time I accept other ways here.

always pay thru Fiverr, and it’s the 1st time and ONLY time I accept other ways here.

Sorry, but this is a hard lesson to follow the Fiverr TOS. Posting on the message boards here will give you the same answer over and over.

Why? Shouldn’t he get punished? If I have his profile here, other buyers will notice and no more cheating from him.

Why? Shouldn’t he get punished? If I have his profile here, other buyers will notice and no more cheating from him.

One reason for this rule is that sellers could come here and falsely name and shame a competitor. I have wanted to name and shame a buyer or two, but the rule is there for a good reason. 😉

I am sorry you have this hard lesson to learn. 😕

One reason for this rule is that sellers could come here and falsely name and shame a competitor. I have wanted to name and shame a buyer or two, but the rule is there for a good reason. 😉

I am sorry you have this hard lesson to learn. 😕

Thank you, and fully clear on that.

Archived