Fiverr Forum

Just get on with it

Well, I almost made it through the week without experiencing random behaviour.

Yesterday, completely out of the blue, I get a message from someone who I have never been in contact or worked with. The message was: “Thanks!!”

“For what?”, I replied…and then my instincts kicked in: “Block! Block! Block! RUN!!”. I really hope I don’t get an order from this person, requesting work that I don’t offer…

…and today I get the lesser-spotted “Limbo Order”. Place the order, don’t fill out the requirements aaaaaaannndddd…3…2…1…ghost! I sent a reminder; shortly after, I could see they were online…no response and then back offline again. Why order when you are not ready? Do they walk into a shop, go up to the assistant and say, “Hi, I need something”.

“Certainly. How can I help? What do you need?”

silence

“Hello? Can I help?”

“Yes, you could, but I’m not sure how. I just need some time to figure it out.”

I hear my cancellation a-comin’…

Unreal!

Welcome to the strange world of 5r.

I had a Buyer place a rather large order :heavy_dollar_sign: and haven’t been online for a few days. I just chalk it up to that they are busy. If I’m spending big money on this website (which I do) I always keep track of the delivery date, Seller name and project info.

I had someone pay nearly twice again the cost of a tarot reading to get it within 24 hours and they haven’t been online again to receive it. Like. You could have saved that money. What are you doing. ;w;

You are a man of many talents. :star_struck:

Can you fly to the :first_quarter_moon: moon, too? :rocket: If, so take me with you. :wink:

I guess money is not an object for these Buyers. Apparently, they are not phased by :watch: time.

I learn quickly and get bored even easier, so I’ve picked up a lot of different skills for fun.

I can’t go to the moon, but I stayed awake after taking Nyquil and felt like I was in outer space. o_o

Ahh, but not to derail the thread, sorry!

They might feel that you deserve more than what you are asking. I’ve ordered some extra I didn’t need and which I knew wasn’t much more work for the seller because I felt bad to just order the $5 gig for what I’d receive. So maybe they don’t really care about having it in 24 hours, just about having it and wanted to spend what they think it’s worth themselves. People are weird. :wink:

Don’t worry about it.

Just start your delivery off with:

"Hi,

I know you won’t be reading this for a while but…"

I have had a run of timewasters recently. One person messaged asking for a video depicting an interview with a real human being which is nothing like what I offer. When I said no, they then came back with: "Don’t worry, I’ll help you and we can change things as we go in steps."

This resulted in the race being on to pause my gigs and send a stern message not to order from me. The result of which was: "?"

A similar incident took place yesterday but the buyer did order. It is clear to me that a lot of buyers think that sellers work on Fiverr for fun. This and that it’s okay if they don’t like something because they can just get a refund.

My point of view is that if you are ordering before you have all your details ready or being 100% certain you know what you are doing, your business has already failed. I just wish I could tell people that…

Though I have to say some sellers don’t make it clear in their gig descriptions what they’ll ask of you later in the requirements and it might not be obvious to a buyer. I did order a gig once, no, twice actually, where I was surprised by a requirement and couldn’t provide them right away. That’s an exception perhaps, though, I don’t know.

Of course, I’m sure that all those present have clear gig descriptions and such.

I have thousands of dollars worth of “incomplete” orders since 2012. I am sure some of those dollars went into acquisition of AND Co. Yet fiverr claims if sellers don’t make the money, Fiverr don’t make the money.

Sounds like the heady days of my youth. :wink:

Regarding derailing the thread…no worries, there wasn’t a specific subject and I like good randomness. :wink:

I don’t think I could make my gig description any more clearer if I set myself on fire and flew around the room, like an amphetamine-fueled banshee.

Which, incidentally, will be my first fiverr pro gig.

tumblr_o3y2jqkPeN1qzccaro1_500

:hushed: Awesome. Maybe I’ll need to become a Pro buyer then, sounds like something to not miss!