Just gonna ask flat out...what am I missing here?

markwickett

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

It can take some sellers months to get their first order, and VO is a very, very competitive category here on Fiverr.

I think your prices are way too low, but I’m not a VO, so I don’t know for sure. Also, Unlimited revisions are never a good idea. Top 5 Tips to Protect Yourself from Badly Behaved Buyers

Thanks for the youtube…I made some changes based on it. Especially the unlimited revisions part. I don’t know what I was thinking. Panicking I guess.

I don’t want to state the obvious but I’m gonna. If I’m getting their attention long enough to look at my gigs, and very few are clicking on my offer and no one is buying my gigs, that has to mean my stuff isn’t good enough. Am I right about this?

Not necessarily. As I already said: VO is hypercompetitive.

You only have 4 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied --> forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Please keep updates in the same thread. It’s against the Community Standards & Forum Rules - 2020 to create duplicate threads. In the case of changes in a situation, it’s doubly important, so that people can see what advice you’ve already been given and/or what steps you’ve already taken.

In the gig " I will give your message a relatable authentic quality":
I’m not sure why in your FAQ section you say "I can lay on a thick Cockney brogue but it won’t fool anyone from Liverpool. ". Why would people from Liverpool be experts at distinguishing whether someone is correct at doing a Cockney accent (since Cockney is/was spoken in the East End of London not Liverpool)?
Also if you saw the title alone you might not know it’s a voice over gig.

The gig descriptions for “I will give your message a relatable authentic quality” and “I will voice your whiteboard animation” are almost exactly the same (apart from “Whiteboard Animations” added onto the latter. Maybe say a bit more in them to differentiate them (you shouldn’t be providing the same service in each but both say “* Explainer videos *TV/Radio commercials Instructional…”).

In the gig " I will give your message a relatable authentic quality":

I’m not sure why in your FAQ section you say "I can lay on a thick Cockney brogue but it won’t fool anyone from Liverpool. ". Why would people from Liverpool be experts at distinguishing whether someone is correct at doing a Cockney accent (since Cockney is/was spoken in the East End of London not Liverpool)?

Also if you saw the title alone you might not know it’s a voice over gig.

The gig descriptions for “I will give your message a relatable authentic quality” and “I will voice your whiteboard animation” are almost exactly the same (apart from “Whiteboard Animations” added onto the latter. Maybe say a bit more in them to differentiate them (you shouldn’t be providing the same service in each but both say “* Explainer videos *TV/Radio commercials Instructional…”).

Wow, learn something new everyday. I was told the Liverpool thing was called Cockney. Thanks for setting me straight. And I think you’re right, I need to get the keyword “VO or voiceover” in the title. I was overcomplexificating it.

Wow, learn something new everyday. I was told the Liverpool thing was called Cockney. Thanks for setting me straight. And I think you’re right, I need to get the keyword “VO or voiceover” in the title. I was overcomplexificating it.

The Liverpool accent is also known as a Scouse accent.

You can also create some gig as “spokesperson” , siting in your sofa , or use any other kind of background in your house , because you look cool with good voice , I think some buyers will interesting to have some spokesperson video from you . 😄

Nice tip…I’ve been thinking about a video. And I never thought of using “spokesperson” keyword.

Archived