Fiverr Community Forum

Just got a notification- "Want to keep your Gigs active? You have 30 days left to update your India tax info."

Hello, I just got a notification saying - “Want to keep your Gigs active? You have 30 days left to update your India tax info.” does any one got it to? or can anyone explain it in details?

11 Likes

Hey, I also got the same notification. I am not sure which option should I select from How is your service taxed?

1 Like

It’s mandatory only for usa seller

2 Likes

but there is clearly written “INDIAN TAX INFO” so how can it will be only for USA users?

3 Likes

I am also very cofused about it

1 Like

Yes, it is new for India,
i also received, and i filled all the info which is mandatory,

3 Likes

you also need to fill, their is no tax in india upto 5L (yearly earning) ,

4 Likes

so If I dont pay any GST or tax then I’ll tick on “How is your service taxed?= Exempt”???

1 Like

yes “Exempt” is OK, i also for the same…

2 Likes

Thank you so much. It help me a lot :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi I found a really helpfull link about this topic hope it’ll help On GST - All the best to all Indians

2 Likes

What option we have to choose for:

How is your service taxed?

2 Likes

acctually their is no tax in india upto 5L (yearly earning) so it depends on how much you are earning.

1 Like

I had a doubt, Fiverr says that they will ask for an Extempt certificate if we choose that option, do you know how to get it and where to submit?

1 Like

you can choose “EXEMPT” option

1 Like

i also received , and what to do for this : “How is your service taxed?”

After filling this, I got another notification that my Gig is back online!

Your Gig is back online

1 Like

There is no INCOME TAX upto 4.99L in india,fiverr asked how this service is taxed in india?So exempt is the wrong option,in india all kinds of services attract minimum 1%TDS deduction & 18% GST export for export.Working on fiverr means exporting service out of india.

1 Like

I will request everyone not to be confused between “Service tax” and “income tax”

1 Like

So We need to pay 18% as GST? other than Income tax. While receiving payments in INR. will it consider as export of business?