Just Joined Fiverr & want to do it for full time. Is it a good Idea?

vipingg

Being an Excel Expert I thought to extend my services worldwide & what could be better than Fiverr.

Is it a good idea to do it for full time when I have 8 years of job experience & well settled.

when I have 8 years of job experience & well settled.

If this means that you are well settled in a job suggest that you try Fiverr out but do not leave your job.

It can take a long time to build up a Fiverr business.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

when I have 8 years of job experience & well settled.

If this means that you are well settled in a job suggest that you try Fiverr out but do not leave your job.

It can take a long time to build up a Fiverr business.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

Thanks for your valuable advice…really appreciate that. 😊

Being an Excel Expert I thought to extend my services worldwide & what could be better than Fiverr.

Is it a good idea to do it for full time when I have 8 years of job experience & well settled.

I suggest the same as @lloydsolutions

Start it as a second source income, than later decide if it’s better to make it full time or not

Cool!

Personally I don’t because full-time is too risky with the possibility of chargebacks, other unjustified refunds, plus the 20% cut Fiverr takes.

On top of that your business in part depends on algorithms to reach people and get sales and the algorithms are largely out of your control. So I would not do full-time in any services marketplace.

And it takes time to build a successful business here, even if you are in-demand, professional and skilled in sales and marketing. It’s not like a product marketplace because your skills and time are the product, so you can’t scale it infinitely. You are limited by time and energy.

Cool!

Personally I don’t because full-time is too risky with the possibility of chargebacks, other unjustified refunds, plus the 20% cut Fiverr takes.

On top of that your business in part depends on algorithms to reach people and get sales and the algorithms are largely out of your control. So I would not do full-time in any services marketplace.

And it takes time to build a successful business here, even if you are in-demand, professional and skilled in sales and marketing. It’s not like a product marketplace because your skills and time are the product, so you can’t scale it infinitely. You are limited by time and energy.

Really thanks for such elaborated comment. It defines a lot.

Since I’m on medical leave for last 3 months, I had plenty of time to think about.

I thought before going back to the routine 9 to 6 job, I should give it a try. I have about 1 more month & it will decide very well.

Really thanks for such elaborated comment. It defines a lot.

Since I’m on medical leave for last 3 months, I had plenty of time to think about.

I thought before going back to the routine 9 to 6 job, I should give it a try. I have about 1 more month & it will decide very well.

You’re so welcome! Also, note that it can be tricky to work Fiverr around life stuff as the platform isn’t very flexible or customizable. I can imagine the project management alone would be that much harder full-time, not to mention the work itself, while you’re navigating life stuff.

I decided to go full time with my voice over business this year after being part time for a year and a half. However I am not relying on Fiverr for all my work because,as mentioned by others, you can do really well on here for months and then suddenly your ranking can drop and the work can dry up for weeks before you suddenly rise again and in comes the work. You probably won’t know why either which can be quite alarming but you just have to accept it and try harder ( reply to messages quickly, get work done speedily etc)
I have had some brilliant jobs on here and I love getting jobs from around the world and I would love to be able to rely on the site but I won’t.

Best of luck with your business though. I would suggest reading advice on the forum from top sellers as that can definitely help on your journey 😃

Going full-time as a freelancer is a good idea, IMHO, but not on Fiverr.

No matter how many years you have in here, you can always lose your rank, get unfair chargebacks, lose your traffic and usually deal with difficult situations which you can’t solve. And who knows what other changes will come in the future.

For me, going on my own while doing Fiverr on the side created the safety and peace of mind I needed. 🙂

I suggest the same as @lloydsolutions

Start it as a second source income, than later decide if it’s better to make it full time or not

Thanks for the advice, it sounds really practical.

How long you have been doing freelancing?

Is it a good experience than a regular job?

Thanks for the advice, it sounds really practical.

How long you have been doing freelancing?

Is it a good experience than a regular job?

Freelancing through a site like fiverr isn’t simple like real world.

The competition is the world’s highest here. It’s not any easy to build a reputation.

I’m doing freelancing since I started on fiverr (almost 5 years ago). I worked in a regular job and used fiverr as a second source of income. Then I quit my regular job (which was in my family business) to keep 100% freelancing, because my incomes here were higher than in my job.

Honestly it wasn’t the best move, but in that time I didn’t think about this, because fiverr used to promote only the real good sellers, now they promote a little these best sellers, but seems to be focusing more on more expensive and new sellers, and it impacts directly on sales.

What I mean is, you can be performing perfectly here at fiverr. Earn a lot of money and do a lot of orders, but if fiverr decides that they want to change the site (like they already did), it can impact directly on your gig and you could have no more sales from buyers (who come from fiverr site natural traffic). IT’s the same that “getting fired”.

So if you wan’t to succeed here, you MUST run after your potential buyers, till you build a good amount of regular buyers at least, who can sustain your monthly income only with fiverr.

I’m almost 5 years at fiverr, I’ve completed almost 10000 orders. I worked really hard for this, and I built my reputation and made many regular buyers, but it still not safe enough to do what I’m doing (keep 100% of the time as freelancing). I regret to leave my old job behind, because the financial safety feeling is ZERO being a 100% freelancer, even more when you depends on a site, like fiverr, decisions.

I love fiverr, I’m financially happy because of fiverr, but my safety feeling is still too low to suggest to keep freelancing at fiverr 100%. Since April of 2017 till December of 2018 was a roller-coaster of sales, due many changes and tests fiverr was doing on it’s site.

I mean a roller-coaster, because since I started, till March of 2017, my performance and sales was just growing, due the hard work I was doing, and then suddenly dropped, because some algorithm changes fiverr did on it’s site. Then when it look I was recovering my performance, a huge drop again. And again. And again…

My suggestion is, start it slowly and then see how it works for you. Fiverr is the largest and most competitive online services marketplace in the world.

The competition is the world’s highest here. It’s not any easy to build a reputation.

I’m doing freelancing since I started on fiverr (almost 5 years ago). I worked in a regular job and used fiverr as a second source of income. Then I quit my regular job (which was in my family business) to keep 100% freelancing, because my incomes here were higher than in my job.

Honestly it wasn’t the best move, but in that time I didn’t think about this, because fiverr used to promote only the real good sellers, now they promote a little these best sellers, but seems to be focusing more on more expensive and new sellers, and it impacts directly on sales.

What I mean is, you can be performing perfectly here at fiverr. Earn a lot of money and do a lot of orders, but if fiverr decides that they want to change the site (like they already did), it can impact directly on your gig and you could have no more sales from buyers (who come from fiverr site natural traffic). IT’s the same that “getting fired”.

So if you wan’t to succeed here, you MUST run after your potential buyers, till you build a good amount of regular buyers at least, who can sustain your monthly income only with fiverr.

I’m almost 5 years at fiverr, I’ve completed almost 10000 orders. I worked really hard for this, and I built my reputation and made many regular buyers, but it still not safe enough to do what I’m doing (keep 100% of the time as freelancing). I regret to leave my old job behind, because the financial safety feeling is ZERO being a 100% freelancer, even more when you depends on a site, like fiverr, decisions.

I love fiverr, I’m financially happy because of fiverr, but my safety feeling is still too low to suggest to keep freelancing at fiverr 100%. Since April of 2017 till December of 2018 was a roller-coaster of sales, due many changes and tests fiverr was doing on it’s site.

I mean a roller-coaster, because since I started, till March of 2017, my performance and sales was just growing, due the hard work I was doing, and then suddenly dropped, because some algorithm changes fiverr did on it’s site. Then when it look I was recovering my performance, a huge drop again. And again. And again…

My suggestion is, start it slowly and then see how it works for you. Fiverr is the largest and most competitive online services marketplace in the world.

@xuntes Really nice suggestions, thank you

I feel so honoured seeing your reply on my post.

It’s just like getting compliments & tips for a newcomer from most senior person in on the office.

I take your advice. Since I’m still on bed rest that is not able to travel or sit 9to5 job due to my back injuries, I’m planning to focus completely on these online portal & will explore how far it can go. Once I’m completely recovered i guess after 2-3 months, then I will recosider all my options.

Thanks again for your kind words & sharing your long journey.

Archived