Just saying "Hy"

zeus777

So we get the one word “Hi” “Hello” messages quite often.
Today I got the message "Hy!"
Well, that’s new.

I was tempted to reply “I think you meant Hi.”

2 minutes later, same message, “Hy!”

I replied saying it would be helpful if there was an actual sentence following the word.
So far no reply… 😐

Wakharimasta (I understand)

I get those lone “Hi” messages a lot to. 99% of the time, it’s a new seller trying to see if I’m active, in order to spam me an offer for whatever services they sell. It seems that these kinds of new sellers figure that if I answer them, then they have a better chance of “personally” convincing me to buy their terribly presented Fiverr services and “make them rich”.

I am very much anti-spam. I decline, I encourage them to stop spamming, and I block them from sending me additional messages. 😄

I get often messages of new people who “want to be my friend”
“I’m new to Fiverr can we be friends?”

My answer is always the same:
We’re here to work, not to make socials…
Want to socialize? Go to the forums…

I bet I’m one of the reason they all come here to open a “help me” thread… 😕

Buyer is always right. If he send “Heyoo” to me. I will send same heyoo with smiley face.

and i think heyoo is a word Or maybe not

Hy!

Buyer is always right.

Well, actually, this is false. A buyer – in any business – must still abide by the terms and conditions of the store, company or website with which they are doing business. The buyer might choose to make demands for something, but if it’s not allowed in the terms or policies of the business, then that customer is, most definitely, not right. 😉

We are not desperately grasping at anything the buyer throws our way. We are the ones in charge of the business transaction, not the buyer.

We often must educate the buyer on how we do business and what we expect from the buyer.

Sellers need to learn this lesson it seems.

That slave mentality when dealing with buyers is sad and needs to go.

Buyers who are serious will appreciate a firm but polite insistence by you on adhering to your rules and requirements. This shows a solid professional approach that creates confidence.

We are not desperately grasping at anything the buyer throws our way. We are the ones in charge of the business transaction, not the buyer.

We often must educate the buyer on how we do business and what we expect from the buyer.

Sellers need to learn this lesson it seems.

That slave mentality when dealing with buyers is sad and needs to go.

Buyers who are serious will appreciate a firm but polite insistence by you on adhering to your rules and requirements. This shows a solid professional approach that creates confidence.

Well said, @misscrystal. Well said.

I get those lone “Hi” messages a lot to. 99% of the time, it’s a new seller trying to see if I’m active, in order to spam me an offer for whatever services they sell. It seems that these kinds of new sellers figure that if I answer them, then they have a better chance of “personally” convincing me to buy their terribly presented Fiverr services and “make them rich”.

I am very much anti-spam. I decline, I encourage them to stop spamming, and I block them from sending me additional messages. 😄

This happened to me a lot. Lots of “Hi” and then 100 of “Please Reply, Please Reply” messages.

its good that we can mark them as SPAM and let fiverr support service know about those kind of sellers.

Buyer is always right.

Well, actually, this is false. A buyer – in any business – must still abide by the terms and conditions of the store, company or website with which they are doing business. The buyer might choose to make demands for something, but if it’s not allowed in the terms or policies of the business, then that customer is, most definitely, not right. 😉

Well said

I do 3d modeling and most of time buyer doesn’t know which format will work for them and they say "sorry for asking these stupid question"

I put smiley face and reply “it’s totally fine and i don’t think it’s stupid at all"

Sometime they says “we want jpg format” and just to be clear 3d doesn’t come with jpg format. My reply start always with

"Okay” and then i try to explain things.

My point is it should be all about buyer and how we should help them.

I totally understand if you guys don’t agree with me

Inkedmessage_LI.thumb.jpg.630b6032593bccd97cd34801b432e31a.jpg

Seriously… How is that professional? They are a seller too! It made me only a little uncomfortable. I almost prefer to get just “Hi” messages than this. 😂

Edit: I just realized I missed covering part of the username

I get often messages of new people who “want to be my friend”

“I’m new to Fiverr can we be friends?”

My answer is always the same:

We’re here to work, not to make socials…

Want to socialize? Go to the forums…

I bet I’m one of the reason they all come here to open a “help me” thread… 😕

Let me tell you what you say is extremelly funny.My mind is not able to imagine how somebody can write:“hi, do you want be my friend?”

THE BEST WAY TO REPLY THESE PEOPLE IS:

Hi, (name of the person/user)

How could I help you?

Thanks, (your own name)

They can be people who you are not interested, but also potencial buyers or just people who is here.There is no need to be unfriendly with them.

If they continue with The “I want be friend system” just ignore them.

This is at least what I do.

Let me tell you what you say is extremelly funny.My mind is not able to imagine how somebody can write:“hi, do you want be my friend?”

THE BEST WAY TO REPLY THESE PEOPLE IS:

Hi, (name of the person/user)

How could I help you?

Thanks, (your own name)

They can be people who you are not interested, but also potencial buyers or just people who is here.There is no need to be unfriendly with them.

If they continue with The “I want be friend system” just ignore them.

This is at least what I do.

Tu puedes responder a tus mensajes como quieras, no veo porque tu tengas que decirme como responder a los mios…

Si tu quieres hacer amigos aqui… bienvenido sea!

Yo vengo aqui a trabajar.

Archived