Language filter on gigs - hurting language specific sellers

jmvzla

Hi,

i am bit worried about how the new way of sorting gigs its punishing language specific gigs, for example, a gig offering contents and articles written in SPANISH is getting sunk under tons of other sellers who, do not offer spanish contents and articles BUT show on their profile that they can handle some degree of SPANISH, even if its not part of their offer through their gig.

Right now filtering by “seller language” its unacurate, it should be like before “Gig language”.
If i am a buyer looking for someone who can write some contents in spanish for me, i would be misguided by using the category filters, i would find tons of sellers who, even if they say on their profile that they speak that specific language to some level, most of them do not offer that language through their gig.

Example: Articles and Blog Posts

Hope we can get a fix to this.

I can understand your point. In the meantime, I had very good results by searching exactly “articles in spanish” from the search field. I got a good number of profiles that offered writing in fluent spanish. it will still take some vetting, but that is true of every service on Fiverr.

https://www.fiverr.com/search/gigs?utf8=✓&source=top-bar&locale=en&search_in=category&query=article%20in%20spanish

fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png.31cc92f5f1e636cd922b3a0ae5b23e26.png

Yes, absolutely right. When Ive join the site months ago, Im doing voice overs but all the languages was able to listing. Now as I cannot see Hungarian (not in the “Language” section, and not in “Seller Language” section as well) the buyers will not see as well. Thats absolutely not acceptable. Using the step by step search engine giving the same results. WHY? Only one way they can find me (as hungarian) if the type “Hungarian” in the top search field. Thats no good. I expected the step by step search engine will lists every language.

Yes, absolutely right. When Ive join the site months ago, Im doing voice overs but all the languages was able to listing. Now as I cannot see Hungarian (not in the “Language” section, and not in “Seller Language” section as well) the buyers will not see as well. Thats absolutely not acceptable. Using the step by step search engine giving the same results. WHY? Only one way they can find me (as hungarian) if the type “Hungarian” in the top search field. Thats no good. I expected the step by step search engine will lists every language.

Yes, im not entirely sure why would they remove the gig language filter. We can just hope for them to notice how is this hurting their sellers.

I can understand your point. In the meantime, I had very good results by searching exactly “articles in spanish” from the search field. I got a good number of profiles that offered writing in fluent spanish. it will still take some vetting, but that is true of every service on Fiverr.

https://www.fiverr.com/search/gigs?utf8=✓&source=top-bar&locale=en&search_in=category&query=article%20in%20spanish

Yes it might work in the meantime but i trully believe that shouldnt be the only way to filter gigs by an specific language.

I have seen an massive drop on sales and exposure, at least compared to what i was before this change. Im still promoting my gig on my own channels but the damage it is still present.

Maybe try to contact Customer Support?

Archived