Late order is not to my satisfaction. What do I do?

The order is late. Seller sent update which isn’t what I requested. I have the option to cancel. Do I do this or what do I do? I told seller my concerns, which they did not take seriously, so I do not think my concerns will be resolved. But I feel bad if they do not get any payment but they have been delaying my work and taking on new work which pushes mine further down the pile. Please can you give some advice. Thank you.

If you don’t feel revision could fix the problems, ask for a mutual cancellation. Just thank them for the effort, but let them know that it is not exactly what you need.

A Regular Cancellation after it is late will leave an automatic negative review.

Hi, it wasn’t art. This was a written article. It did not fit the spec. or adhere to clear guidelines. I did tell the seller where I saw problems, which they disagreed with. I paid $130 plus fee. They kept delaying me, and keep saying they are so busy with other work, and my work keeps dropping to the bottom of the pile.

The community might have a different view on this but I believe you should not pay for something you cannot use or don’t like. Some users wills say the seller still should be compensated for the their time but I mean it’s really up to you to decide. Not sure how much you invested in the gig? Did you tell the seller you are not happy with the result? If so, how did he/she respond?

I think if it was delivered late then you can cancel and not worry about it. If they try to come back and make the revisions then see if they take you seriously. What kind of gig was it?

As for cancelling simply because you do not like it, I don’t think that’s a good reason, especially on creative design type of gigs. Art is subjective. There is a difference between not being able to use something for business let’s say and simply not liking it meaning it wasn’t quite what you wanted or envisioned creatively.

contact fiverr CS :slight_smile:

Reply to @theproofessor: In the normal world (Outside of the internet) if you pay for something and what you get is not what you were lead to believe it would be, you should (and can) get a refund, tell them to fix/make changes or simply cancel the gig and take your investment back!

I’m a level 2 seller and I put effort into my gigs, if I ever deliver a sub-par end result (I won’t but, hypothetical scenario is hypothetical) and a client asks for a refund (cancellation) I will be entirely ok with it!

Reply to @theproofessor: That’s a lot of money, and probably took a lot of time.

Say clearly you need them to fix it to follow the guidelines (if you think they were clear), or you may be forced to cancel.

Communicate before cancelling, though, please.

Reply to @theproofessor:

theproofessor said: They kept delaying me, and keep saying they are so busy with other work, and my work keeps dropping to the bottom of the pile.

I'm sure many other sellers will disagree with me, but cancel the order. The seller should receive a negative review. If a seller cannot handle the amount of orders they have in a professional, timely manner, they shouldn't continue accepting orders. If a seller goes late and still hasn't provided what was agreed upon, they should get a negative review.

I'm a kind person and don't believe in 'punishing' people for honest mistakes, but Fiverr is a marketplace - it's a business environment - when sellers don't perform to a reasonable standard, it weakens the value of the entire platform.

Reply to @itsyourthing: I agree! This is a lot of money you have spent on this particular gig.

theproofessor said: But I feel bad if they do not get any payment but they have been delaying my work and taking on new work
They certainly don't feel bad about not providing what you paid for. You won't feel bad for very long so just go ahead and cancel.

Thanks to all for your replies.

Reply to @itsyourthing: In my 2.5 years on fiverr, I have -NEVER- let an order get to a stage where the buyer has the option to cancel. In my eyes, it is completely unacceptable.

So I do agree, if the seller isn’t cooperating, cancel the gig.