Let Buyers Be the One to Mark Projects Complete

The last two jobs that I have ordered on Fiverr have been marked complete before the work was actually done. On one of them, when I gave a negative feedback, the seller verbally bullied me and called me "dumb."

It would really make more sense for the buyer to be the one to mark the project complete. I just had another seller mark a project complete. I emailed her to say that it in fact was not. She said it would be complete in 48 hours. WELL THEN IT’S NOT COMPLETE!!! Absolutely ridiculous.

Two problems with that.

1. You complete a gig and buyer disappears for weeks at a time (happens quite often). You don’t get the money for a long time.

2. The system is set up to mark gigs ‘very late’ if gigs come in late. This means that this entire system would need to be removed and revamped.

A system like this could be open to a lot of abuse, a lot of it on the behalf of the buyer.

• 1 month later...

I agree that the completion of the deal is made by customers. I’m a seller and I believe that keeping an excellent service is paramount important to get your business success on Fiverr. I usually deliver sooner than how many days I promise in my gigs, then I and the buyer have more time to discuss what we should do and change to construct a very good product which satisfies both of us. If I cannot do the job, my customer will decide to cancel or not.

I agree that the completion of the deal is made by customers. I’m a seller and I believe that keeping an excellent service is paramount important to get your business success on Fiverr. I usually deliver sooner than how many days I promise in my gigs, then I and the buyer have more time to discuss what we should do and change to construct a very good product which satisfies both of us. If I cannot do the job, my customer will decide to cancel or not.

Archived