In this thread: We will share at least 2 unpopular opinions that most people disagree with.
We’re going to have rules to prevent chaos and all out war.
- You may only use ONE sentence to argue your controversial stance.
Here’s an example:
Unpopular opinion: I love the “give me tips” threads on the fiverr forum.
Reason: Fiverr tip threads are no more redundant than posting “do your own research” on that thread and you secretly like being in them.
- You may not mention politics, religion, race or sexuality as a basis for your unpopular opinion.
The point of this thread is to reveal your personality through disclosing silly stances. If you’re an actual, real life, jerk face - there’s plenty of coffee shops to spread your pseudo controversial grievances to. Just please, don’t come to mine.
- If you want to reply, argue or disagree with a person’s “hot take,” you can only do so in ONE sentence and only ONCE. The OP may only reply with ONE sentence ONCE. This ensures a conclusion.
This keeps the debate civil. It’s not a “let’s present our arguments in full” thread. Although, I am building a podium for that purpose. Here’s an example of a reply:
Fiverr tips threads are the worst and new members should have to read (x) amount before posting.
- Refrain from typical “controversial” contrarian subjects:
There’s plenty of people who think the Beatles are overrated. You’re not unveiling an original take by saying that. You’re just not getting it (and you’ve disqualified yourself from being my best friend).
- Absolutely ZERO personal attacks.
It’s good to disagree. You can’t expand without guidance. But attacking someone’s moral character over a song is going too far (depending on the song, of course). Don’t.
Let’s pick a fight… I’ll start.
- Blade Runner is a HORRIBLE movie.
Besides the bad acting, terrible dialogue and amateur script, they still managed to make uninteresting visuals.
- If you can’t play your instrument on an acoustic equivalent, you’re not a musician.
Operating a turntable or learning a program may be hard work - but so is construction and swinging a hammer in solidly doesn’t make you a drummer.
Okay - that’s it.
Now it’s you’re turn. Ready?
Let’s start a fight…