Let's catch up (The Unusually Non-Satirical Mooch Thread)

damooch916

130 am… the studio is bludgeoned from 48 hours of mad, panicked music making. Wires of every distinction are crossed and cover the floor like a hardwired everglades.

There are coffee stains on the coffee stains.

The china shop is leveled, Charlie, and final mix audio dances off the walls…slamming every last inch of space… sending paint chips falling to their death.

It’s been two days holed up in the “Music Room,” and away from the forum. Tell me how you are…how’s your mom…did she get those flowers we sent?

How are your gigs going? Tell me about that weird request, that silly forum thing you did, that strange order you’re trying to fill… or maybe just stop by and say you missed me.
I sure missed you. Actually (and while we’re on the topic) I’ve been doing a lot of thinking…and I think we’re ready to go to the next “level.”

(editors note: level means Marvin Gaye).

Start any new services? Got any new stories? Feed me, Seymour…

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know man, as long as I get to see EPL every Saturday and cricket in between, life’s good.

I was in the midst of a Summer long “Twin Peaks” fever dream. That’s complete with fan theorizing, accompanying youtube videos, hefty research into cognitive fugue (the best of all the fugues) and forum lurking… There’s something to be said for a show that’s so amazingly vague that it launches complete investigations into its “supposed” narrative.

Meanwhile (<-- little Twin Peaks humor for the peaksies out there) I’m fairly positive the program involved a lead character that couldn’t talk, an electric tree with a talking, uncooked chicken on top and a character that spoke in Marlon Brando dialogue references.

It was either the most important television I’ve ever watched or the worst acting I’ll ever see… I can’t really decide.

For the first time in my life, I got to 2nd base with a girl…good week

I guess that depends on your bases. I know some couples so far removed from intimacy that third base is when you roll over and plug your partners nose because the snoring is keeping you awake.

The sky sure looks good.

I got to see her thighs…what base do you consider that?

In America, we consider this the “blue” base. I’m not allowed to desensitize the forum landscape by obliterating our structures and revealing the unique physical attributes associated with this phrase. But (as always) I have a heavily layered analogy to explain why this base is so blue…

Let’s pretend that you are an avid television watcher. Your favorite show is the wildly popular, “Celebrity Island, Cross Fit challengers in Evening Gowns Preparing food for Trivia Contestants: With your host Carrot Top.”

Each week you are consumed by the program. You live it… you study the contestants online… you wear the official T-Shirt to company picnics… you talk to your friends about the show in some heaving, marble mouthed display of excitement and over zealous - boyish behaviorism.

You never miss a minute…especially not this week, because it’s the finale. You’ve prepared everything. The lights are perfect for … tv watching… You’ve got your popcorn, your soda, your toy-shop contestant doll that spouts catch phrases when you lower the handle on the back…

The show is moving along frantically. The best you’ve ever seen. The moment is arriving…who will be the new “Celebrity Island, Cross Fit challengers in Evening Gowns Preparing food for Trivia Contestants: With your host Carrot Top” champion? And just as Carrot Top opens the envelop to declare the winner???

The power goes out.

That’s the base you’re on.

Then some other guy gets all the results because he was more relaxed, had more insight into the show and had better cable. Be that guy.

I don’t know why but this reminded me of Total Drama Island. So, I went to check out the wiki and found out it has like 4 more seasons…I owe you man…big time…like seriously big time…

To be fair, a certain world leader has said a lot worse.

Ah yes, the classic retort of the child who has done something wrong - "But Jimmy said…"

Next up we will have:

"You don’t understand anything, I’m going to my room and don’t come in!"

and then my personal favorite:

Jimmy’s Mod Mom lets him do that, why can’t I?

Ah yes, the classic retort of the child who has done something wrong - "But Jimmy said…"

Next up we will have:

"You don’t understand anything, I’m going to my room and don’t come in!"

and then my personal favorite:

Jimmy’s Mod Mom lets him do that, why can’t I?

But I didn’t say anything! [OT: Just realized we have a World Cup in 8-9 months! I mean like - this is heaven!]

Things are going fine in Fiverrland overall, on the other hand Tokyo was STINKING hot
today so that sucked…

Today was my day off so I decided to watch some movies and from all the movies I could have chosen from, I watched Misery. I know, creepy movie, but Kathy Bates was great in that movie. I went ahead and watched Dolores Claiborne right after that, and again, Ms.Bates was great.

Since it’s October and Halloween is coming, I’m thinking maybe I can create a new gig where I draw zombies. There are plenty of zombie illustration gigs available, but heck, I can give it a try perhaps.

BTW Mr.Mooch, how many cups of coffee do you drink everyday??

I gave up all coffee a few months back and had some a few days ago as a special treat and I had forgotten how much I love good coffee. Now I want more.

I also had a tiny bit of Tennessee whiskey last night… I had given that up too but … I feel so decadent lately. I appreciate these things so much more when they are not used often.
The whiskey gave me the best night’s sleep I’ve had in a long time so it might become my nightly sleep medicine.

Jack-Daniels-Drinks.jpg.db2baa2ec5780ba0f62940c29d4f155d.jpg

Things are going fine in Fiverrland overall, on the other hand Tokyo was STINKING hot

today so that sucked…

Today was my day off so I decided to watch some movies and from all the movies I could have chosen from, I watched Misery. I know, creepy movie, but Kathy Bates was great in that movie. I went ahead and watched Dolores Claiborne right after that, and again, Ms.Bates was great.

Since it’s October and Halloween is coming, I’m thinking maybe I can create a new gig where I draw zombies. There are plenty of zombie illustration gigs available, but heck, I can give it a try perhaps.

BTW Mr.Mooch, how many cups of coffee do you drink everyday??

And you took the time to make my cartoon. Thanks again! 🙂

Archived