Let's help make Fiverr clean and hacker FREE!

spackle

As I am reading through the Forum today, I saw some complain about some seller face some hacker and some one also got their account hacked.

If you receive a message, how can you determine it is from a hacker and not legit customer?

• will offer you big project and big money for easy work
  • will ask your personal contact (facebook, gtalk, etc.)
  • WILL ASK YOUR PHONE NUMBER for address verification purposes.
  • will ask you to work outside Fiverr
  • he has really a bad ENGLISH GRAMMAR ( I know mine is bad also but not as bad as his grammar 🙂 )

How did I knew these?

To be honest, someone also contacted me to work outside fiverr with $500 project for just easy work, He asked my facebook account, he asked me to work outside Fiverr, HE IS ASKING FOR MY PHONE NUMBER FOR ADDRESS VERIFICATION PURPOSES.

At that time, I did not really knew he was a hacker, but I did not think twice and I hit the report button. I also submit a support ticket that someone ask me to work outside Fiverr. I did it because I don’t want to violate Fiverr TOS not because I think he was a hacker.

How I knew he was a hacker now? In the forum, I saw someone posting the hacker name and also he experience the same as mine.

Being loyal and honest to Fiverr really a big thing 🙂

Hope this will help others too especially newbie seller.

DON’T BE SO GREEDY WITH THE BIG PROJECT IF THAT VIOLATES ANY OF THE FIVERR TOS.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

FIVERR MEMBERS BEWARE!!! On March 3, 2015 my Fiverr Account was automatically hacked and funds deducted without my permission by someone. Funds from my Fiverr account were automatically removed out for payment to some Fiverr member (in or from Vietnam) who is involved in selling “VPS Windows/Linux”; I do not know if this Fiverr member is actually involved or if there is a “computer glitch” in Fiverr’s system. For starters - I do not even know or understand what VPS Windows/Linux is or how it works; so the purchase was not made by me. I or nor did anyone on my behalf authorize this transaction. As of March 4, 2015 - I have contacted Fiver Customer Service Department for an investigation on this matter and still awaiting for an explanation from Fiverr. Have any other members here at Fiverr experienced a similar situation?

I know it is going to be tough to remember, but most of these incidents happen because the member provides their password without being aware of it.

There are many ways this may happen but here is the most common way.

1. You get a message in your inbox that has a link to click.
  2. You click the link and it asks you to log in to Fiverr. Even though it is not Fiverr, the scammer created a phony site that looks like Fiverr’s
  3. When you log in to the phony Fiverr site, you are actually providing the scammer your login details
  4. Once he has your login details he can access your Fiverr account and steal your money.

Do you remember if you got a message with a link in it and when you clicked the link it looked like you needed to log into Fiverr? 

OMG that happened to me the other day! Someone claimed to want me to do a gig like xyz and I clicked the link and it didn’t work, so I re-logged in to see what it was that they wanted me to do (which didn’t make sense anyway). Changing passwords now! 😦

If you sign in with google connect, how does that work? I’m really worried now…

Reply to @sue_mcl: I sign with Facebook, but I think it’s more secure, because I have 2-times authentication. It means that after I will type my password I should receive an SMS from Facebook with the second password that I will type to log in.

Google also has 2-times authentication. Google it now and turn it on, if you don’t have it yet. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My account has been hacked and fiverr have not got back to my urgent support request.

2 orders have gone through that I did not authorise, and in fact, know nothing about. How can I escalate this issue as fiverr themselves have demonstrated nothing to suggest they care?

Hello, sorry to hear that.
You can update the ticket you sent and ask them to escalate it. You could send a direct mail to support@fiverr.com too, what isn´t recommended is to send several tickets for the same issue as the system might see it as spam, but to update the ticket you already sent.
There have been some technical issues last night, so they might need a bit longer ATM to reply, their ticket queue might be long.

OMG, sorry to hear that. Your case is very similar case to this one.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Theft by a seller

I recieved an email from Fiverr today informing me that I my 'order' was now ready for collection. I logged in to my account here (didn't click the link in the email obviously) to find to my horror that somebody has hacked my account and ordered from...

Reading time: 5 mins ? Likes: 63 ❤

Hello, sorry to hear that.

You can update the ticket you sent and ask them to escalate it. You could send a direct mail to support@fiverr.com too, what isn´t recommended is to send several tickets for the same issue as the system might see it as spam, but to update the ticket you already sent.

There have been some technical issues last night, so they might need a bit longer ATM to reply, their ticket queue might be long.

Thanks miiila - I respect you getting back to me - do you work for fiverr?

This is an urgent issue by any measure… I’m worried my payment details have been stolen. I cannot escalate any further - this isn’t trivial. Response has been non-existent.

Thanks miiila - I respect you getting back to me - do you work for fiverr?

This is an urgent issue by any measure… I’m worried my payment details have been stolen. I cannot escalate any further - this isn’t trivial. Response has been non-existent.

No, sorry, I´m just a seller, and sometimes buyer, no staff. I hope you´ll get a reply quickly,

My website host (big company) had been hacked some time ago and customer data (name, address, payment info) was compromised, so I can imagine how you feel. Nothing happened, though. 🙂

If you had PayPal as payment information, you should be able to see any charges pretty soon I think, if you had a credit card/bank account attached, I´d inform the bank, so they can monitor for unusual seeming transactions, maybe tell them to only authorise (whatever usual payments you have) and to ask you for everything else, I think banks do that.

@thecreativeguys Kk, I thought you would lose all connection if you close your account. But that´s scary if not completely disconnected. That means your 5r account can still be hacked?

Good question. I went through the forum settings, either there isn´t a close/delete option there or I didn´t find it. The forum runs on discourse software, maybe one has to somehow delete one´s account over discourse if one wants to, in case it´s even possible at all.

I looked it up, it seems one can´t delete one´s own account, only forum Mods or Admins can do that.

cb4bec8901221d4a646e45e1fa03db3a65e17f59.pngDiscourse Meta

cb4bec8901221d4a646e45e1fa03db3a65e17f59.png

Leaving a Forum / Deleting your own account

Is there any scope to allow users to delete their own accounts or “leave” the forum. Or at least show that they are no longer participating so it may leave the topics / comments they added but show that they have since “left”?

Archived