Lets Talk - How are You?

cyaxrex

Shall I risk getting emotional?

My gut says absolutely no. Never on the Fiverr forum. If I’m honest though (and embarrassingly so now in retrospect) I did once pour my heart out on this forum. It was a very weird (and bad) time in my life. However. when I think about those times now… Well, it was nice to have the forum here.

I’m not going to go back in time and revisit past demons and events of my own life. However, if I’m honest, I really miss how this forum used to be a meeting of friends.

In recent months, it seems like we just come here to moan about the most recent (and horrible) Fiverr changes. - And that’s fine. What I personally don’t like about the Fiverr forum at present though, is that really no one is really talking anymore.

In this case, maybe let’s try a different kind of conversation and let’s see if this place really is still a kind of community.

How are you? What are you struggling with? Most importantly of all, is there anything the community can reasonably help with? ( Even if its just moral support.)

My gut says absolutely no. Never on the Fiverr forum. If I’m honest though (and embarrassingly so now in retrospect) I did once pour my heart out on this forum. It was a very weird (and bad) time in my life. However. when I think about those times now… Well, it was nice to have the forum here.

I’m not going to go back in time and revisit past demons and events of my own life. However, if I’m honest, I really miss how this forum used to be a meeting of friends.

In recent months, it seems like we just come here to moan about the most recent (and horrible) Fiverr changes. - And that’s fine. What I personally don’t like about the Fiverr forum at present though, is that really no one is really talking anymore.

In this case, maybe let’s try a different kind of conversation and let’s see if this place really is still a kind of community.

How are you? What are you struggling with? Most importantly of all, is there anything the community can reasonably help with? ( Even if its just moral support.)

Fair enough, I’ll start.

1. How are you?

Reasonably good. My backs started to hurt somewhat less and I’m not gaining fat as fast as I thought I was.

2. What are you struggling with?

Fiverr.

3. Most importantly of all, is there anything the community can reasonably help with?

Good music, I really can’t seem to find good music anymore. It’s really annoying to waste hours trying to find new songs that aren’t generic hip hop or some shitty mumble rappers.

I’m doing pretty good, thank you for asking 🙂
Right now I am at work and it’s Sunday morning.
True, working on Sundays can suck at times, but I’m sitting here with my coffee and
chocolate scone, so that’s nice.

I just had a pleasant chat with my boss who had coffee and Krispy Kreme ( OK, he won!),
we laughed about how miserable we are working on a weekend etc, but hey, it’s my day off tomorrow so no worries.

I also got a text from a friend of mine saying that The Walking Dead season 8 is on Netflix now, which means it’s time for another TWD binge watching party at his home!
It’s slooooowly getting colder back here in Toyko, so we are planning a hot pot party.
jidori_main01.jpg.8a72dd834679eb931a262bf5acb9427d.jpg

There are plenty of things I can moan and complain about life, but overall it is perfectly fine. Have a good day y’all!

I’m doing pretty good, thank you for asking 🙂

Right now I am at work and it’s Sunday morning.

True, working on Sundays can suck at times, but I’m sitting here with my coffee and

chocolate scone, so that’s nice.

I just had a pleasant chat with my boss who had coffee and Krispy Kreme ( OK, he won!),

we laughed about how miserable we are working on a weekend etc, but hey, it’s my day off tomorrow so no worries.

I also got a text from a friend of mine saying that The Walking Dead season 8 is on Netflix now, which means it’s time for another TWD binge watching party at his home!

It’s slooooowly getting colder back here in Toyko, so we are planning a hot pot party.

2404cea358abdb2adb399e56b846876778e92143.jpeg

There are plenty of things I can moan and complain about life, but overall it is perfectly fine. Have a good day y’all!

@zeus777 That is so pretty and delicious looking!

@psychicbunny I’m still trying to develop a filter on what I say but it does not come naturally.

There are some sellers who don’t come here any more that I miss. It was so nice to see all the various people who sell on fiverr coming together to just chat about anything and everything.

How are you?

Not bad. I am starting my journey as a Wiccan if that means anything, haha. Other than that, nothing much has been happening.

What are you struggling with?

Mainly with getting more jobs. Not just on Fiverr, but in freelancing as a whole. My main issue is the fact that I am not earning that much money, and as a result, paying bills has been irritatingly anxiety-ridden.

Most importantly of all, is there anything the community can reasonably help with?

Not really. Not unless you have freelance writing jobs you want to send my way.

@psychicbunny I’m still trying to develop a filter on what I say but it does not come naturally.

There are some sellers who don’t come here any more that I miss. It was so nice to see all the various people who sell on fiverr coming together to just chat about anything and everything.

Tbh I miss emmaki. I think she got kicked off the forum

You dump meat, veggies, mushrooms in the pot…and after they’re gone, you

add rice or noodles and round 2 begins! Best food for the winter 😋

I have been missing the Forum I knew when I joined it a little over a year ago. The Forum has changed somehow.

Part of the reason is because I miss many of the members who no longer choose to come here, or who no longer can come here.

However, there are quite a few new “faces” who are here that I enjoy.

I remember you, @cyaxrex talking about walks on the beach with your pup. It seems there was a girl involved. I too miss the days whe we just talked on the Forum and did not gripe.

What a cool post, Cy. Ok, I’m in.
How are you?

I’m okay. I’ve been semi-not-ok lately - dealing with my Dad’s worsening dementia and some other life carp. Then some challenging but cool things happened. I started helping my best friend start her own business, I worked on some health stuff and lost weight and I was inspired to do more writing that I wanted to do.

Being patient with my Dad, finding ways to have quality time with him, helping my Mom cope with seeing her husband become like a child.

Is there anything the community can reasonably help with?

I always feel like I have an escape of some kind here. Sometimes it’s just reading posts that remind me to focus less on things that matter less. In the big picture, my level and my reviews are not worth what I used to think they were. I’m glad to keep getting reminders, escape and friendship here.

Side Note:
@misscrystal & @psychicbunny - y’all can still talk with or just read Emmaki posts. She is the mod of the Fiverr Reddit and several people from this forum chat there. To my knowledge it is an official Fiverr group and fine to visit. Some people use their Fiverr names and some don’t. I’m not sure Reddit is any less crazy than here, but the pepper lady is there.

It’s good to see a different type of post.

I’m doing fairly good - all things considered. My best friend had emergency surgery recently. I was with her a good chunk of my day, which set me back on the Fiverr writing. I ended up staying up until 10:30 last night to finish up what needed to be done this weekend. 12 articles total - It was rough but I got it done. My job at the school may finally go back to normal schedule, which means no more 6:30 a.m. go-in times. I’ll be honest, it was easy for me to get more stuff done in that time. Now though, it means I can go to the gym before I go in at 8 a.m. I miss that more than I do making the extra money to be honest. (I’m weird, I know).

There’s not much I’m struggling with these days. I feel pretty much everything is in control. I was able to binge watch Season 8 of TWD finally… getting through what I felt was a pretty boring season. It was difficult but I made it. Now, I can watch the first episode of last week and the rest of it.

I’m more of a lurker in the forum than a person who speaks out. Of course, some of you know that I detest the new Fiverr feedback system as much as everyone else does. However, reading about the issues some people have makes me feel glad that my life isn’t near as bad as I think it is… I think the feedback system sucks and is not the way Fiverr should go, but time will tell what will happen. For now, I’ll just ride it and come up with a generic hoohaw message about my buyers. What more can I do? 😃

I have to be honest, I miss Emmaki too. She def. made the forum interesting to read. I love the no BS attitude she has - that’s pretty much me as well (but in a toned down kind of way). Emmaki was abrasive but she was the kind of abrasive person I could see myself hanging out with in “real” life.

It’s good to see a different type of post.

I’m doing fairly good - all things considered. My best friend had emergency surgery recently. I was with her a good chunk of my day, which set me back on the Fiverr writing. I ended up staying up until 10:30 last night to finish up what needed to be done this weekend. 12 articles total - It was rough but I got it done. My job at the school may finally go back to normal schedule, which means no more 6:30 a.m. go-in times. I’ll be honest, it was easy for me to get more stuff done in that time. Now though, it means I can go to the gym before I go in at 8 a.m. I miss that more than I do making the extra money to be honest. (I’m weird, I know).

There’s not much I’m struggling with these days. I feel pretty much everything is in control. I was able to binge watch Season 8 of TWD finally… getting through what I felt was a pretty boring season. It was difficult but I made it. Now, I can watch the first episode of last week and the rest of it.

I’m more of a lurker in the forum than a person who speaks out. Of course, some of you know that I detest the new Fiverr feedback system as much as everyone else does. However, reading about the issues some people have makes me feel glad that my life isn’t near as bad as I think it is… I think the feedback system sucks and is not the way Fiverr should go, but time will tell what will happen. For now, I’ll just ride it and come up with a generic hoohaw message about my buyers. What more can I do? 😃

I have to be honest, I miss Emmaki too. She def. made the forum interesting to read. I love the no BS attitude she has - that’s pretty much me as well (but in a toned down kind of way). Emmaki was abrasive but she was the kind of abrasive person I could see myself hanging out with in “real” life.

Emmaki didn’t suffer fools gladly. It was so refreshing. Her cantankerous nature when she ran across one, and way with words was a source of amusement.

I feel the same way. I miss @woofy31 ,I haven’t seen him talk recently.

How are you?

I’m doing fine at the moment.

I’m struggling with getting orders. Mostly when I have orders in queue, I don’t come to the community.

Is there anything the community can strong reasonably help with?

Barclays Premier League matches, I really missed it this weekend.

I wrote my first post on this thread late at night when I was getting ready for :sleeping_bed:. So here are my answers:

How are you?

Like many, I have the ups 📈 of life to deal with.

Like @fonthaunt I have lost some weight, and I feel so much better. However, I still have more to go.

At the end of July, my perfectly fit looking hubby had a heart attack. 😨

What has affected me most lately was having a grandbaby stillborn two weeks ago. However, I keep looking at all that I do have to be thankful for and try not to let that get me down too much.

Getting myself to the gym is what I am struggling with. Unlike @emeraldawnn, I cannot get motivated to go so early in the morning. However, I know my back would not ache, and my weight loss would be faster if I got there. 😉

is there anything the community can reasonably help with? ( Even if its just moral support.)

I always feel like I have an escape of some kind here.

True that! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

In the big picture, my level and my reviews are not worth what I used to think they were.

I am so glad I am beyond being a brand new seller who used to perseverate on those two things.

I have to be honest, I miss Emmaki too.

I never knew her, but her reputation makes me wish I had! 🙂

I miss @woofy31 ,I haven’t seen him talk recently.

I miss the 🐕 too!

I wrote my first post on this thread late at night when I was getting ready for :sleeping_bed:. So here are my answers:

How are you?

Like many, I have the ups 📈 of life to deal with.

Like @fonthaunt I have lost some weight, and I feel so much better. However, I still have more to go.

At the end of July, my perfectly fit looking hubby had a heart attack. 😨

What has affected me most lately was having a grandbaby stillborn two weeks ago. However, I keep looking at all that I do have to be thankful for and try not to let that get me down too much.

Getting myself to the gym is what I am struggling with. Unlike @emeraldawnn, I cannot get motivated to go so early in the morning. However, I know my back would not ache, and my weight loss would be faster if I got there. 😉

is there anything the community can reasonably help with? ( Even if its just moral support.)

I always feel like I have an escape of some kind here.

True that! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

In the big picture, my level and my reviews are not worth what I used to think they were.

I am so glad I am beyond being a brand new seller who used to perseverate on those two things.

I have to be honest, I miss Emmaki too.

I never knew her, but her reputation makes me wish I had! 🙂

I miss @woofy31 ,I haven’t seen him talk recently.

I miss the 🐕 too!

Aw Miss Vickie I’m so sorry to hear about your grandbaby. I’m glad your husband is getting the things he needs to recover. Thank you for sharing.

Sometimes when we go through difficult times we tend to think everyone else has no problems.

It’s helpful to me to remember everyone has things they have to deal with, not just me.

Fair enough, I’ll start.

1. How are you?

Reasonably good. My backs started to hurt somewhat less and I’m not gaining fat as fast as I thought I was.

Fiverr.

3. Most importantly of all, is there anything the community can reasonably help with?

Good music, I really can’t seem to find good music anymore. It’s really annoying to waste hours trying to find new songs that aren’t generic hip hop or some shitty mumble rappers.

1. How are you?

Good. Delivered my draft write-up today for my latest gig order. Buyer said he would check with his team, but first impressions were that it was amazing!

Finding time to complete my next gig swap out. Striving daily to bring in quick funds because of an unexpected change in finances.

No, other than just be here. I visit occasionally, read a couple of posts and sometimes respond. That is always a help in one way or another.

Hey everyone!

I do not post on the forum much, it seems as you get older, the days go by so fast, and you don’t have time to really do all the stuff you would like to!

How Am I?

Well, we had a snowstorm here where I am, and for the second time this weekend, I am without power! First time only took a couple of hours to fix and it was in the middle of the night, so, no big deal! This time, it was at noon and here it is 8 pm and no power still. So, having a feeling I would either have messages that would need answering or orders to complete. Of course, by the time I sign on in a café, I see I have 2 orders due in less than 10 min. LOL So, had to do 2 modifications and hope the client will be OK with it. If not, oh well, I cannot control the weather.

Cutting off a client on my own site whom I have tried to help for 5 years who will not help themselves in any way. Breaking up with clients in my business can be tough.

Anything the community can help with?

Well, a collective hope that I get power back on tonight! It is already 58 degrees in my house! ha!

Nothing much really bugs me, I try to take things in stride and not complain. I also try to find solutions as well. I just hope I don’t go back to Level 1 due to missing deadlines! It is ok if I do though, I was TRS before the whole levels system kicked in, and have maintained Level 2 for a few months - but did bounce around between 2 and 1 trying to get in rhythm with the new system. People ordering incorrectly or asking for things that are beyond my reach has been the main reason I would bop back and forth.

I also miss Emmaki! She was one heck of a spitfire! I like people who do not mince words or coddle. I think the closest we have to that in the forums now is Jon, who sets people straight who come here as new sellers asking the community to “help” (in reality, they want hand-holding) them get their first sale.

GG

Hey everyone!

I do not post on the forum much, it seems as you get older, the days go by so fast, and you don’t have time to really do all the stuff you would like to!

How Am I?

Well, we had a snowstorm here where I am, and for the second time this weekend, I am without power! First time only took a couple of hours to fix and it was in the middle of the night, so, no big deal! This time, it was at noon and here it is 8 pm and no power still. So, having a feeling I would either have messages that would need answering or orders to complete. Of course, by the time I sign on in a café, I see I have 2 orders due in less than 10 min. LOL So, had to do 2 modifications and hope the client will be OK with it. If not, oh well, I cannot control the weather.

Cutting off a client on my own site whom I have tried to help for 5 years who will not help themselves in any way. Breaking up with clients in my business can be tough.

Anything the community can help with?

Well, a collective hope that I get power back on tonight! It is already 58 degrees in my house! ha!

Nothing much really bugs me, I try to take things in stride and not complain. I also try to find solutions as well. I just hope I don’t go back to Level 1 due to missing deadlines! It is ok if I do though, I was TRS before the whole levels system kicked in, and have maintained Level 2 for a few months - but did bounce around between 2 and 1 trying to get in rhythm with the new system. People ordering incorrectly or asking for things that are beyond my reach has been the main reason I would bop back and forth.

I also miss Emmaki! She was one heck of a spitfire! I like people who do not mince words or coddle. I think the closest we have to that in the forums now is Jon, who sets people straight who come here as new sellers asking the community to “help” (in reality, they want hand-holding) them get their first sale.

GG

Cutting off a client on my own site whom I have tried to help for 5 years who will not help themselves in any way.

You have a lot of patience!

1. How are you?

Great. I quite satisfied with Sep & Oct performance so far. Hope it will keep going well.
I realized the search result system getting better and more ‘fair’ after Aug.
Not sure is it only my category or my gig actually lucky.

Blind Review system. PRO still lack of sales (at least in my category).
They’re more like a display thing than actually a service here to make me don’t want to go PRO still.

Absolutely, when getting bored and clear all orders, come here to see what’s new and fiverr latest updates & rants. It actually helps reduce stress.

Thanks you for creating this kind of topic @cyaxrex

• 2 weeks later...

It’s so nice to see these kinds of posts again, @cyaxrex! Thank you for bringing back some lightness to an otherwise exasperated/annoyed forum. I feel like I’ve just been ranting and raving about Fiverr’s changes ever since I rejoined the site (I joined in 2016 but took a year and a half off to try working at an ad agency).
Soo, in reply to your questions…

1. How are you?

I’m doing good, considering joining another ad agency in the new year. They currently have super interesting brands on board (lifestyle-oriented, cars, travel gear, etc) and it’ll be a nice change from the ones I worked with at my previous agency (my previous ones were all corporates)

1. What am I struggling with?

Hmm…tbh, my current state of mind. I’m finding Fiverr super frustrating at the moment and I’d forgotten how lonely freelancing gets (that’s one of the reasons I joined an ad agency - the monotony of sitting and working on a computer alone in my room was getting to me). So yeah, hoping to ease out some of the frustration by trying to find a better Fiverr-life balance.

1. Most importantly of all, is there anything the community can reasonably help with?

The community is great! I love reading stuff on the Forum. I enjoy people’s perspectives, their takes on any situation but above all, I’m glad to know that I always have folks here who can understand where I’m coming from. It’s a good feeling.

What about you? How are you doing?

Archived