Limited Communication

My experience with Fiverr GIGs have been less than perfect, but not as a result of the contractor, but the limited sources of communication. When working on software or technical projects, there is a need to physically speak with contractor. However, there is no way to do so without violating Fiverr’s policies. I suggest that Fiverr imbed a communication platform that allows the parties to talk, this would avoid many errors, project delays, and frustrations. Surely with all of the technical knowledge between the contractors and Fiverr, a live chat with audio isn’t hard to add to this platform. Unfortunately, every GIG I have ordered has faced serious delays because of the inability to communicate with the GIG providers.

In case you didn’t know, Fiverr Gigs are allowed to provide s***e-based communication for consultations or other services that require video/audio communication, as long as its granted by Customer Support.

Make sure you talk to Customer Support and ask them for more info about this.

P.S. as far as I remember, the gig creator has to request approval from CS to allow them to provide s***e consultation services.

I think Woofy is right with that, and, for what it´s worth, earlier this year, there was a Twitter AMA with Fiverr CEO Micha Kaufmann, where someone asked for a ‘live chat’, and he replied:

we are aware of this need and plan to introduce something for real time chatting soon

yurymuzlanov,
Explain “…only allowed if it is needed as part of the service.” When I’ve provided such information or requested to be communicated, the GIG provider is concerned that they will violate policy.

I hope the CEO provides a live chat as miiila stated.

yurymuzlanov,

Explain “…only allowed if it is needed as part of the service.” When I’ve provided such information or requested to be communicated, the GIG provider is concerned that they will violate policy.

I hope the CEO provides a live chat as miiila stated.

That’s because the gig provider doesn’t know about these new changes, and that they are now allowed if they ask for approval from CS until the rules get more loose 😉

That’s because the gig provider doesn’t know about these new changes, and that they are now allowed if they ask for approval from CS until the rules get more loose 😉

I appreciate the insight Woofy31. I have a project that was previously put aside since there was no way to communicate successfully with the GIG contractor. Maybe I will try to complete this project. Wish me luck.

I appreciate the insight Woofy31. I have a project that was previously put aside since there was no way to communicate successfully with the GIG contractor. Maybe I will try to complete this project. Wish me luck.

All the good luck, and my best wishes! And I hope that your experience with Fiverr will improve, if not all of a sudden then at least over the time 🙂 As you’ll see, there are a lot of wonderful sellers out there, you just have to spend time finding them while weeding out the not so good ones - and if something feels too good to be true, then it probably is 😉

Archived