Fiverr Forum

Links in messages: I get this draconian message from Fiverr

I am not understanding why placing a link to my website is a major crime on fiverr, in order to show the potential person, offering a service, the sales copy on the site that they are going to change, or the website itself they are going to work on and alter. I didn’t like the tone of the message, as if I were some sort of deviant, or criminal. What’s ironic is that fiverr began as a nice company, but like other corporations, seems to have adopted this message to users, at least in my opinion, like they intentionally broke some unknown code, and must suffer humiliation. A little kindness goes a long way fiverr. Please don’t become like google. All links aren’t to go around your collecting money, or subversive in nature. Things seem to be either -or versus and -both, the latter fitting most circumstances. So will I be punished for mentioning the site’s name, but not an out right url? Where is the policy? Thank you.

I am not understanding why placing a link to my website is a major crime on fiverr, in order to show the potential person, offering a service, the sales copy on the site that they are going to change, or the website itself they are going to work on and alter. I didn’t like the tone of the message, as if I were some sort of deviant, or criminal. What’s ironic is that fiverr began as a nice company, but like other corporations, seems to have adopted this message to users, at least in my opinion, like they intentionally broke some unknown code, and must suffer humiliation. A little kindness goes a long way fiverr. Please don’t become like google. All links aren’t to go around your collecting money, or subversive in nature. Things seem to be either -or versus and -both, the latter fitting most circumstances. So will I be punished for mentioning the site’s name, but not an out right url? Where is the policy? Thank you.

It doesn’t really matter if you understand why - it’s in the Fiverr TOS that you agreed to. If you don’t like the ‘tone’, I suggest you get a tougher skin. No-one owes you politeness.

I don’t personally like the ‘tone’ that some people think the rules don’t apply to them because it’s a minor inconvenience. But ya know what? There’s not a thing I can do about it, so, have a wonderful day. :slight_smile: