Building a long-term working relationship with a new client is really the goal of Fiverr. Here are a few ideas to help buyer relationships start out on the right track. You may be tempted to skim over these, but consider how to use them to your advantage:
- Make an interesting or intriguing video. You don’t have to display this as your main Fiverr video but deliver it with your completed work. Perhaps you could thank customers with a private message, sell additional services, or brand your work in some other way.
- Give them unexpected free stuff. Can you include a free report? A list of tools? Or, suggest a book that they may find helpful? An unsolicited, nice gesture to say “Thanks!” can go a long way.
- Tell them the truth and be straight-to-the-point, in a respectful way. Occasionally, you may ruffle a few feathers. But, you also could gain a new, long-term client. I can’t tell you how many people tell me they appreciate an honest opinion for a change. Especially polarizing opinions. People will either love you or love to hate you, but at least they trust you are honest.
- Be yourself. We all have our own unique brand of weirdness, right? Don’t be afraid to be yourself and quit the “copycat” marketing that is all too common these days.
- Be impartial. Treat buyers the same, whether they spend $5 with you or $500.
- Use a buyer’s first name in correspondence. Get to know people on a first name basis and you are on your way to turning a buyer into a client into a long term relationship.
- No hidden fees or agendas. If you realize that you undercharged someone, don’t hassle over price this time. Let it go and be more careful with the next order.
- Deliver earlier than expected or notify buyers if you are behind in your delivery.
- Put effort into your work. If you are tired, take a break by extending your delivery time until you can put forth more effort. Your work is a direct reflection of how well you take care of yourself and needs first.
10.Personalize the deliverable just for them. As much as you can, try to give each buyer a unique experience with you so he feels like he is important and not another anonymous buyer.