Logo design from sketch to final realization!

Hello there Fiverr user, in this article I will guide you through the process of creating the logo for Skiing Wolves. And you will never been cheated with unfair designers who try to sell you logos which is created with help of online logo creators! http://■■■■■■/7wLjIq

So Let’s Start

When one creates a logo, they should follow a logo design process to ensure that the final design suits the needs of the clients (not their wants)

process in short:

1. Design Brief: Conduct a questionnaire or interview with the client to get the design brief.
  2. Research: Conduct research focused on the industry itself, on its history, and on its competitors.
  3. Sketching & Conceptualizing: Develop the logo design concept(s) around the brief and research.
  4. Reflection: Take breaks throughout the design process. This lets your ideas mature and helps you get renewed enthusiasm. Receive feedback.
  5. Positioning: Position yourself as a contractor or build a long lasting relationship.
  6. Presentation: Choose to present only a select few logos to the client or a whole collection. Presenting only the best is recommended.
  7. Celebration: Drink beer, eat chocolate, sleep, start on next logo design. Or a combination.

Getting The Job

Skiing Wolves, contacted me earlier this year and they wanted to make the logotype which will identify them. After a few initial emails clarifying Janos’s and Mai’s needs, I sent to them, logo design questionnaire form, which was promptly filled out.

The Design Brief

Hello there Darren, Janos and Mai is here we are funky freestylers and we need a logo for Skiing Wolves, we love wolves, hiking, skiing, that’s all be creative :slight_smile:

with love,

Janos and Mai

Research

Not too much really :slight_smile: Upon receiving the initial 50% deposit for the logo and signed agreement, I then started researching what was needed for the project. Researching and searching for other logos in the industry, among other things.

Research is a critical stage in the logo design process as this ensures that your logo will differ from the competitors and it also sets a benchmark. Google result give me a lot to think about http://■■■■■■/ItP6Bk

Sketching & Development

The next stage of the project was developing the logo. Developing the logo design concept is where creativity comes into play. Based on the design brief and research conducted, this is where I let my ideas run wild. I brainstormed and sketched down my ideas and then experimented with them on the computer. I also had breaks between these sessions so I could reflect on the designs and have a fresh perspective on the job at hand which is a crucial part of the process when designing a logo.

The challenge that I had when creating the logo was trying to incorporate a skiing and wolf into the logo.

Below you will find original pages of sketches that I did for the Skiing Wolves… I know I am no Picasso but it is the end result that matters. Remember that there is no such thing as a bad idea, just bad decisions.

Redirecting

http://■■■■■■

Computer Generation

As you can see in the sketch above I had the idea of using a wolf. After I had this general idea in my head I experimented with the concept in Adobe Illustrator and researched different types of styles, layouts, etc. I then experimented with color. One should also remember that simplicity in logo design is the key. The simpler a logo is, the more memorable and adaptable it is. In nearly all cases, less is more.

We Like concept 4, 5 and 6 please play around that concepts, thank you

with love,

Janos and Mai

So Started to improve the wolf and work with concept delivering new results

Delivery

Obviously, They ended up choosing the logo below for the final concept… After some more experiments & fine tuning I was finally ready to present the logo to Janos and Mai.

The logo really works! We like how clean and modern it looks.

With love,

Janos and Mai

After approval of the logo design and the remaining 50% payment I sent Janos and Mai the final files in EPS, JPG, PNG and PDF formats.

best,

darren (https://www.fiverr.com/darrendesign)

Fantastic article, thank you for this much detailed logo design process!

that’s what is called a job well done Darren :)>-

Are you saying your received 50% of your payment outside Fiverr? And maybe all 100%?

In my opinion there are some useful bits in here if you want to read carefully and try to decipher some rather odd posts. Some of the designs took me off guard since they appear to be something that I will not describe in a forum but found potentially offensive if one is very familiar with canines.

Overall, though, the primary posts in the thread appear to be mostly self-promotion and seem to promote a payment option that isn’t supported within Fiverr Terms of Service. Perhaps I misunderstand and if so, sorry. I do see some people appeared to get something out of it though I hope they will abide by the ToS and promote their own gigs in the correct location.

Reply to @darrendesign: Hello darrendesign

Its really good tricks, but may be there is a sort way to do this. i mean u can’t do this for $5. Aru u?

Such old article…

But is all right about logo design.

Everything need to start with some sketches.

But its sound tricky for Fiverr about that payment solution.

You sould to read it at least.

Of course you can order half of the gigs first and the rest when the work is done.

I personally liked seeing Darrens sketches and designs.

The “write an helpful article” seems to be the big marketing trend now. I’m sure this brings lots of customers for Darren.

Good work Darren!

@fonthount, please do tell what is the potential offender? Here is a good tip for every graphic designers: make sure you don’t design something offensive by mistake. As Darren said research your subject!

Reply to @pictureduke: That’s exactly what I thought : you can set a price and divide it into 2 orders :slight_smile:

Reply to @apexservice: Of course not it’s not a $5 work, I spend 3 weeks on this and get much more :slight_smile: but here in fiverr I never used online logo creators all my logos is hand drawn, this is one of my last works you can check it out at my logo gig http://■■■■■■/j6rKAu

Redirecting

http://■■■■■■

Reply to @artworkking: I’m not working only in fiverr here I don’t have orders :slight_smile: I think if you need to be successful here you need to use online logo creators, but It better for me to stay unsuccessful and use my brain, and illustrator I’m a designer!!!

Excellent explanation… its really useful for people who are designing it and also for startup companies, they are distinct and truly memorable. It takes quite a bit of creativity, genius and a little bit of luck with the base material to pull it off really.

Definitely you are the best logo designer in fiverr Darren! Bravo!!!

Awesome article. I’ve tried 20+ Fiverr ‘logo’ designers, and Darren is the best… he’s a true data-focused artist, fast, courteous and gets the job done… can’t wait to work w/ him again!

Reply to @jjshay: Thank You :slight_smile:

Reply to @larrygoldman257: Thank you, but I don’t have an orders :slight_smile: I’m going to quite working here just will wait 1 week if there is no orders I will leave! in 2015, so I will message all my costumers personally about my decisions!